PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin in 2012

texaspackerbacker
01-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I just figured I'd throw some red meat in the direction of Ziggy, PIP, and any other haters who might be around. There hasn't been much worth discussing in here lately anyway.

Obama may or may not be eminently beatable in 2012. He may drift toward the political center; He may not, but have the leftist mainstream media sell the idea that he did; He may leave the country a smoldering ruin from terrorist hits he allows, and he may not--either by luck or by seeing the light and following Bush's policies. Anyway, the Republican nomination in 2012 may or may not be something worth winning.

Therefore, you have two parallel scenarios: a lamb to the slaughter candidate--thrown to the wolves against an unbeatable Obama or a candidate with a real chance to knock off the incumbent.

In either scenario, Palin will be one of the frontrunners--along with Jindal, maybe Gingrich, maybe Romney, and a couple of others. I could support any of those. Palin, however, would be my first choice, with Jindal a close second. Both are genuinely pro-American/pro-Judeo-Christian heritage/pro-free enterprise. Both should also be attractive and charismatic enough to have a chance with the shallower and easier to swing voters. It will be an uphill battle against the formidable power of the leftist mainstream media, but it could happen.

BallHawk
01-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Jindal seems to be a prime candidate to be made the poster boy for the GOP, similar to what Obama was/is. Young, family man, etc.

I'll go with him.

Charles Woodson
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM
deffintely somebody else, its close to impossible to predict these things when there 4 years away

sheepshead
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
deffintely somebody else, its close to impossible to predict these things when there 4 years away

I agree with this. Remember Bill Frist for instance?

digitaldean
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Newt is too tied to the Clinton years/impeachment mess. Great for primaries, lousy for general election.

Romney knows his stuff, but he comes across as too stiff.

Palin is too polarizing, plus a lot of the weak-kneed liberal Republicans (i.e., McCain Republicans) won't have the stomach to nominate her.

I'd say Jindal is the most likely, if he's willing to put his family through the wringer.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he ran.

SkinBasket
01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/explorish/SIUu17670AI/AAAAAAAAH6E/G6h3MRnN3h0/s640/DSC_9887.JPG

bobblehead
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Newt is too tied to the Clinton years/impeachment mess. Great for primaries, lousy for general election.

Romney knows his stuff, but he comes across as too stiff.

Palin is too polarizing, plus a lot of the weak-kneed liberal Republicans (i.e., McCain Republicans) won't have the stomach to nominate her.

I'd say Jindal is the most likely, if he's willing to put his family through the wringer.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if he ran.

I think you underestimate what a heavyweight newt is in the GOP. No way Bobby even thinks of taking him on. A ticket of Gingrich/Jindall would be damn near unbeatable....possibly God/Jesus, but not many other tickets could compete.

texaspackerbacker
01-03-2009, 01:59 PM

That's why I did this now--to make it more of a challenge. Correct about Frist, but I'd say that's the exception rather than the rule. Most of the time it seems like one of the front-runners ends up getting it.

Newt unbeatable? Even though his sex scandals are about 1/10 of Clinton's--and he has none at all of the other varieties of scandal Clinton had, you know the leftist mainstream media would absolutely crucify him--but probably not until after they sand-bagged the Republicans by laying off until he got the nomination. Besides, Gingrich seems to be trying to be a clone of McCain--sneak in on the liberal and moderate Republican side of things. I could support him, just like I supported McCain--with less than 100% enthusiasm.

Jindal indeed could rise in a parallel way to Obama, but it will be a helluva lot more difficult without the media promoting and babying him along every step of the way like they did Obama. I think they will try giving him the big IGnore, and if that isn't working, they will go into full attack mode and try to tear him apart like they have Palin.

I'd really be interested in hearing some of the names the 47% voting for somebody else have in mind--also, if that 47% is the liberals responding or conservatives of the forum.

sheepshead
01-03-2009, 07:48 PM
I'd love to see Newt in a larger role. He is one of the great minds of "our side"!

mraynrand
01-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Newt has too many pubic hairs on his Coke can.

LL2
01-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I say Jindal, but it's quite likely someone will come out of the blue to be the new face. Palin I would be ok with, but the American public would not buy her (unless she posed in Playboy). My guess is that unless Obama really screws up he will get re-elected.