PDA

View Full Version : MIKE STOCK GETS FIRED.....uh....I mean RETIRES...

gbpackfan
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Mike Stock has announced his retirement according the jsonline.

Stock stated just a couple days ago that he was hoping to be back with the team in 2009. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened here.

Special Teams sucked. This move needed to happen.

Now Bob Sanders has to go.

Here is the link to the Stock "retirement" story

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/37018649.html

red
01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
good

Kyle.McCarroll
01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't decide to un-retire in July and really put us in a bind.

gbpackfan
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Now that's funny!

Brando19
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
DAMN! Sorry...you beat me to it! I just posted it before I realized you did. Sorry.

gbpackfan
01-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Brando,

HOW DARE YOU!

Ha ha ha.......packer rats are all over breaking news! That is why this site is great. As soon as it happens, it's posted here.

No worries.

sheepshead
01-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Let's just hope he doesn't decide to un-retire in July and really put us in a bind.

:bclap: :lol:

BallHawk
01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Green Bay just can't go one year without a retirement saga, can they?

sheepshead
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Brando,

HOW DARE YOU!

Ha ha ha.......packer rats are all over breaking news! That is why this site is great. As soon as it happens, it's posted here.

No worries.

you guys were a minute apart! nice work

Partial
01-02-2009, 05:16 PM

:bclap: :lol:

That's pretty good :lol:

Brando19
01-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Brando,

HOW DARE YOU!

No worries.

you guys were a minute apart! nice work

Thanks. I checked to make sure it hadn't been posted...when to the page and copied and pasted...put a subject in....and clicked post. I went to the main page to look at my post and I'll be damned ol' gbpackfan already had two replies. lol.

Brando19
01-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm glad Stock retired. Now maybe we can get someone in here that'll help us have a return game. Haven't had one of those since Desmond Howard. Now if only Sanders will retire. Any good Special Teams coaches out there?

TennesseePackerBacker
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Halleulujah cheers all around! I wanted Stock gone...Sanders can have one more chance as far as i'm concerned, continuity is a good thing. If the defense falls apart next year then him and McCarthy can go.

Brando19
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow on the fate of our coaches.

billy_oliver880
01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
What is amazing is that the special teams last year was not bad at all. This year they were terrible. I don't know what changed so drastically.

Brohm
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
The comment about White was pretty telling. No ST leader on the teams after he was gone. He was doing the grunt work and getting people up to snuff.

RashanGary
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Hopefully he and his family can move on and do well in their retirement.

As far as the Packers go, I think this had to be made. I think the ST's greatly underperformed. If they think they can do better with a DC, I'd think that would be next. If it still doesn't get fixed, it's McCarthy and Thompson next.

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I think special teams has a lot to do with with the depth of talent on a football team. TT failed to provide that depth, so stock and his special teams failed on the football field..

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I think special teams has a lot to do with with the depth of talent on a football team. TT failed to provide that depth, so stock and his special teams failed on the football field..

Or maybe Stock just sucks. Or maybe it's because our depth was thrust into starting roles due to injury, leaving the 3rd stringers to play teams. Or maybe it's just because you'd rather find a way to conveniently blame TT for everything that goes wrong. It could be any number or combination of these issues. So instead of pointing too many fingers, lets just agree that special teams sucked so the ST coordinator got canned, which is par for the course in a results driven business.

Okay, okay, I digress. I'll point one finger at Thompson for not cutting Jarrett Bush last offseason, and another for releasing Tracy White. Bad decisions. But plenty of the rest falls on Stock, who lobbied heavily for TT to sign Frost and get rid of Ryan, and whose arrogance prevented Ryan from reaching his full potential as a punter.

Bretsky
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Or maybe Stock just sucks. Or maybe it's because our depth was thrust into starting roles due to injury, leaving the 3rd stringers to play teams. Or maybe it's just because you'd rather find a way to conveniently blame TT for everything that goes wrong. It could be any number or combination of these issues. So instead of pointing too many fingers, lets just agree that special teams sucked so the ST coordinator got canned, which is par for the course in a results driven business.

You could actually fill in the name "Sanders" for Stock in that paragraph as well

Pacopete4
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
lets just agree that special teams sucked so the ST coordinator got canned, which is par for the course in a results driven business.

There will be many more casualties before Hitler is taken down...

Bossman641
01-04-2009, 03:04 PM
lets just agree that special teams sucked so the ST coordinator got canned, which is par for the course in a results driven business.

Really Paco? Hitler?? OK

Zool
01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Halleulujah cheers all around! I wanted Stock gone...Sanders can have one more chance as far as i'm concerned, continuity is a good thing. If the defense falls apart next year then him and McCarthy can go.

I think there's a lot to this statement. If the D fails again next season and Sanders is the DC, Mac has to be on the hot seat for keeping him around.

Edit.....Well never mind then.

Zool
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Really Paco? Hitler?? OK

Please ignore Paco. Remember how calm it was around here even tho the Packers were losing? Well Paco wont remember, but if this keeps up, it will be that way again.

cpk1994
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM

There will be many more casualties before Hitler is taken down... I guess the village idiot title is leaving Paco anytime soon.

Zool
01-04-2009, 08:03 PM

There will be many more casualties before Hitler is taken down... I guess the village idiot title is leaving Paco anytime soon.

And thats enough out of you too. No more provoking a bitching contest. Just stop.

Gunakor
01-04-2009, 08:14 PM

You could actually fill in the name "Sanders" for Stock in that paragraph as well

HAHA, yeah, it appears you're absolutely right!

Par for the course!