PDA

View Full Version : Report: Special Teams Coach Stock to retire!!!!

Brando19
01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20090102/PKR01/90102140/1058

The Green Bay Packers will have a new special-teams coach next year. Whether they’ll also have a new defensive coordinator remains an open question.

Mike Stock, who was the Packers’ special-teams coach the past three years, will retire this offseason, according to an NFL source and confirmed is a press release just sent out by the Packers.

McCarthy, though, apparently has not yet made a decision on whether Bob Sanders will be retained as defensive coordinator.

Stock just finished his 18th season as an NFL assistant. Stock’s assistant coach, Shawn Slocum, is one of perhaps numerous candidates to replace Stock.

Bretsky
01-02-2009, 05:47 PM

The Green Bay Packers will have a new special-teams coach next year. Whether they’ll also have a new defensive coordinator remains an open question.

Mike Stock, who was the Packers’ special-teams coach the past three years, will retire this offseason, according to an NFL source and confirmed is a press release just sent out by the Packers.

McCarthy, though, apparently has not yet made a decision on whether Bob Sanders will be retained as defensive coordinator.

Stock just finished his 18th season as an NFL assistant. Stock’s assistant coach, Shawn Slocum, is one of perhaps numerous candidates to replace Stock.

I didn't really care about the special teams position; DC is the main one I hoped would change

MJZiggy
01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
It's a start, B.

Bretsky
01-02-2009, 05:56 PM
It's a start, B.

Everybody has to take that first baby step before learning how to walk

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Stock will be the sacrificial lamb.

Sander probably gets another season to regroup.

]{ilr]3
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
The fact that Stock canned Punter John Ryan in favor of Derrick Frost simply because he was a project of his from a previous gig make me glad he is gone. He deserved to be shit canned for that decision.

Ryan had an awesome leg and from what I read had a great attitude and everyone liked him.

rbaloha1
01-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Great news. Special teams regressed.

BooHoo
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
We need to do something to improve special teams play. A new coach can't hurt!

pbmax
01-02-2009, 07:20 PM

I didn't really care about the special teams position; DC is the main one I hoped would change
Well look who is in full Thomas Jones backpedal? Didn't your signature call for his canning a week or so ago? :lol:

We need to hire younger ST coaches. That's two out of three that have "retired" after bad seasons. Long live Frank Novak.

pbmax
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Actually, of the two most likely moves, this one is definitely less important. Stock was hurt by injuries and changes in personnel (Tracy White) just as the defense was, possibly more so.

He real failure is the punter. The fact that he objected to the kicking/punting consultant is nuts. But as McGinn and KYPack have pointed out numerous times, ST coaches seem to fear the kicking consultant is trying to interfere.

I think there is a better case for Sanders to go, I think we need a multiple front guy. I wish Jerry would hurry up and fire Wade Phillips.

Bretsky
01-02-2009, 07:28 PM

Well look who is in full Thomas Jones backpedal? Didn't your signature call for his canning a week or so ago? :lol:

We need to hire younger ST coaches. That's two out of three that have "retired" after bad seasons. Love live Frank Novak.

Stock is really an afterthought; I just thought it went along with the theme for my sig. Stock was partially a victim of losing his best ST player and not an overload of talent over there. I'm fine with him going....he wasn't that good........but this is peanuts compared to the DC.

My view of Sanders has been pretty consistent since the 2006 season

Bretsky
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Actually, of the two most likely moves, this one is definitely less important. Stock was hurt by injuries and changes in personnel (Tracy White) just as the defense was, possibly more so.

He real failure is the punter. The fact that he objected to the kicking/punting consultant is nuts. But as McGinn and KYPack have pointed out numerous times, ST coaches seem to fear the kicking consultant is trying to interfere.

I think there is a better case for Sanders to go, I think we need a multiple front guy. I wish Jerry would hurry up and fire Wade Phillips.

:bclap: :bclap:

Joemailman
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I sense some tampering by the Vikings here.

pbmax
01-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I sense some tampering by the Vikings here.
You think T2 has the phone records? :lol: