PDA

View Full Version : The Death of the MSM

MJZiggy
01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Kathleen Parker is starting to get on my nerves...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/02/AR2009010202157.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

texaspackerbacker
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
You really got my hopes up when I saw the thread title. I thought maybe they all drank Jonestown Kool-Aid and did the world the same favor Tim Russert did.

The article is fairly accurate. The lefties of the MSM saw how much they were getting beat and outclassed by a bunch who weren't paid professionals, so they decided to join them. In a market sense, I'm sure they will continue to be the losers that they are. However, in an electoral sense, give the devils their due--the leftist assholes have been damn effective at hoodwinking people into voting against their best interests.

swede
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
From the Department of non sequiturs:

I saw Keith Olberman on NBC's NFL playoff pregame and I immediately turned channels until the game started. He can't be good for business. Half the people in the country think HE'S the Worst Person in the World.

I did notice that he was on the extreme left.

swede
01-04-2009, 12:03 AM
As to the article, Zig, what in particular bothers you about the article?

It doesn't seem particularly steeped in ideology. It just makes some rather accurate observations about modern media.

I cry no tears for newspapers, because 95% of them pretend to be objective when they are decidedly not so. What a surprise that conservatives have found other means to train their puppies and wrap their fish.

packinpatland
01-04-2009, 11:05 AM
"When the world comes unplugged, someone still has to put oil in the lamps."

Is she saying we need to start whaling again???? :shock:

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2009, 12:54 PM
"The mainstream media aren't really dead, of course. The industry has merely transmogrified"

I have never seen that word in my entire life. What the heck is an "industry"

HowardRoark
01-04-2009, 04:16 PM
http://katardat.org/russia/pictures/photos-collectivisation/Skurikhin-pravda06.jpg

Iron Mike
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow....for a second there I thought that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was dead.

http://mattcbr.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/flying_spaghetti_monster.jpg

mraynrand
01-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Kathleen Parker is starting to get on my nerves...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/02/AR2009010202157.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

You should like Parker. She is a 'conservative' who hates Palin's fucking guts.

HowardRoark
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.whiterabbitcult.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/product_sarah_palin.jpg

sheepshead
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I canceled my Tribune/Barack Obama Newsletter the day after the election. I have read the Chicago Tribune everyday I can think of that I have lived here and subscribed longer than I can recall. I kept it till Nov 5th to see what the headline would be if McCain won, but alas. The once proud paper had become a mouth piece for liberalism, plain and simple. So many of the great columnist left in the 90's when new editors showed up from the left coast. There are many factors contributing to their demise (craigslist, monster have to take a huge chunk out). Deciding to front a clear agenda is probably the biggest reason. NBC can't be long for this world either.
I have no qualms with the article. Interested why you did zig.

MJZiggy
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
My issue is with the writing more than the content (not to mention the headline--Death? Not quite and not if they play their cards right)

She's trying to get all flowery and wax poetic about a shift in readership from paper hardcopy (which if you think about it, is rather expensive to produce) to dumping in into a searchable database and printing links. How many of her readers don't already know this and could have written the article themselves. Is she suggesting that NBC will no longer exist because print media is taking a nosedive or is she suggesting that NBC is not mainstream media?

Kiwon
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Bias, what bias?

"We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now," a TODAY insider reveals. "It's such a downer..."

You can hear the NBC and MSNBC staffers now....."Ah, do we have to be journalists? Can't we just support our side like we used to do at the PR firm where we previously worked?"

.................................................. ..........................

NBC BANS COULTER FOR LIFE; CUT FROM 'TODAY' SHOW OVER BOOK'S CLAIMS, NO MORE CABLE

Mon Jan 05 2009 17:50:57 ET

The nation's top selling conservative author has been banned from appearing on NBC, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Banned for life!

"We are just not going to have her on any more, it's over," a top network source explains.

NBC's TODAY show abruptly cut Ann Coulter from its planned Tuesday broadcast, claiming the schedule was overbooked.

But executives at NBC TODAY replaced Coulter with showbiz reporter Perez Hilton, who recently offered $1,000 to anyone who would throw a pie at Ann Coulter. Hilton is also launching a new book this week, RED CARPET SUICIDE.

Coulter was set to unveil her new book, GUILTY.

But one network insider claims it was the book's theme -- a brutal examination of liberal bias in the new era -- that got executives to dis-invite the controversialist.

"We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now," a TODAY insider reveals. "It's such a downer. It's just not the time, and it's not what our audience wants, either."

For the book, Coulter reportedly received the most-lucrative advance ever paid to a conservative author.

The TODAY show eagerly invited the author months ago, for her first network interview on GUILTY.

The exclusive was to air during the show's 7 AM hour. The cut came Monday afternoon.

Coulter was also to appear on the TODAY's fourth hour. A host even teased the segment saying the 'conservative pit bull and bestselling author' would be a guest.

NBC's cable outlet, MSNBC, will also become a Coulter-free zone, insiders explain. Morning host Joe Scarborough is said to be concerned with the new ban. "He's working to overrule it," tips a source.

digitaldean
01-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Isn't that interesting?

We can have all the bomb throwing nutjobs on like Paul (the forehead) Begala, Michael Moore or Arianna Huffington come on for interviews, but Ann Coulter is embargoed?

Go figure....

MJZiggy
01-05-2009, 10:39 PM
It's their prerogative. Boycott it, refuse to watch it, their ratings will go down and they'll be forced to do what you want in order to keep their slot.