PDA

View Full Version : Cars, the movie

GrnBay007
07-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Good movie to take the kids to.

My favorite part: Tractor tipping. :D

Harlan Huckleby
07-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I went to see "The Lake House" today. Total chick flick, but not too bad.

Deputy Nutz
07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Are fucking serious? That movie looked like the biggest bag of shit. Fuck that is terrible, did you go by yourself? Are you still a man? Come on, GBM wouldn't even go to that vagina drip of a movie.

GrnBay007
07-04-2006, 11:28 PM
It's got Keanu Reeves in it.......enough of a reason to see it. :razz:

Deputy Nutz
07-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Keanu and Patrick, does it get any sweeter???
http://www.movieconnection.it/schede/point_break.jpg

GrnBay007
07-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Hey, that was a good movie. Can't remember the name??????? He's a cop and is trying to bust a bunch of surfers, right? What was the name?

Harlan Huckleby
07-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Are fucking serious? That movie looked like the biggest bag of shit. Fuck that is terrible, did you go by yourself? Are you still a man? Come on, GBM wouldn't even go to that vagina drip of a movie.

I went to it alone. I was pretty much the only man there, except for a couple of husbands that were obviously forced to be there. I saw the wives kissing their husbands on the cheek afterwards, I think thanking them for sitting through it.

I sniffed seats afterwards, standard procedure at chick flicks.

Deputy Nutz
07-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Point Break

It was an unbelievable love story between The hard nose cop, and the thrill seaking bank robber. Not many movies can reach out and touch your heart like this one did

oregonpackfan
07-05-2006, 01:22 AM
I went to it alone. I was pretty much the only man there, except for a couple of husbands that were obviously forced to be there. I saw the wives kissing their husbands on the cheek afterwards, I think thanking them for sitting through it.

I was one of those husbands who was encouraged to sit through it. Sorry to the female posters of this forum, but Lake House is a true Chick Flick. My wife loved it but I caught myself looking at my watch several times.

Oregonpackfahn

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 08:06 AM

I was one of those husbands who was encouraged to sit through it. Sorry to the female posters of this forum, but Lake House is a true Chick Flick. My wife loved it but I caught myself looking at my watch several times.

Oregonpackfahn

It was the same scene at Devil Wears Prada, though the movie had a few funny moments and a husband sitting in the same row as me would gasp audibly at a few of the scenes and then clapped loudly at the end. Interesting.

jack's smirking revenge
07-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Since we're on movies...

"Superman Returns" had me looking at my watch many, many times. I even fell asleep. Routh is boring. Bosworth was miscast. The dialogue is sometimes annoying. Parker Posey plays the typical crazy Parker Posey character that she plays in almost every movie she's in. Props to Spacey for sticking through it and creating the sinister Lex Luthor.

Honestly, I don't even remember how the movie ended. I was just glad when it did.

tyler

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
It was the same scene at Devil Wears Prada, though the movie had a few funny moments and a husband sitting in the same row as me would gasp audibly at a few of the scenes and then clapped loudly at the end. Interesting.

The fact that a "man" would walk into a movie named Devil Wears Prada indicates that what you saw was most likely the woman's gay friend (as is evidenced by the gasping and loud clapping - both things that the typical man won't do, even if he loved the show). Fag hags are everywhere these days and look at their little gay man as a fashionable accesory to take to the theatre. Unfortunately, this is probably what you saw.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
my son is on a huge car trip right now. if it has got wheels he is all about it. i've been really struggling on weather or not to take him to see it. since he is only 1-1/2 i don't think he'd make it. so i will probably wait till it comes out on video. that way we are the only ones to hear him yell CA!! everytime one comes on the screen.

Zool
07-05-2006, 10:24 AM
my son is on a huge car trip right now. if it has got wheels he is all about it. i've been really struggling on weather or not to take him to see it. since he is only 1-1/2 i don't think he'd make it. so i will probably wait till it comes out on video. that way we are the only ones to hear him yell CA!! everytime one comes on the screen.

I took my 2 1/2 year old to see it. We got almost all the way to the end, then she dropped a deuce so we had to go.

Its good though.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM

I'm in practically the exact same situation. For now the kid will have to do with the poster on his closet door. He has a tendancy to shout in places where his voice carries and where no one else is talking (empty houses, dance recitals in autitoriums, and I would imagine, theatres).

That and I hate the disgusting slobs who have overrun the theatres in the last few years. If I can't hear what's going on in the movie over the sound of some dumb bastard monching his popcorn with his slackjaw hanging open like some braindead fucking cow, I tend to get really pissed off.

Last time I saw a movie in the theatre, some fat woman brought her infant son to the 2nd Matrix move. Of course he wasn't happy with the explosions and whatnot and began to cry. Her solution: Give him a rattle. Fucking brilliant! Not to mention she made a point of falling asleep halfway through, snoring, then "waking up" with her stupid yawning-noise no less than 12 times in 5 minutes. I get it, fatty. You fucking fell asleep, you snore because you are grossly overweight, and now you are bored and sleeply. Now STFU. Please.

Add to that her husband kept up a constant monologue of "No way!" "Oh no he didn'!" and "watch this! watch this!"

Not my idea of a good time.

Zool
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Skin, i was in the same boat with you a couple of years ago. Now I will only good to a matinee and only during the week. When I went to cars, it was me, my daughter, some lady and her daughter in the whole theater. Now thats good stuff.

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 10:51 AM
Skin, i was in the same boat with you a couple of years ago. Now I will only good to a matinee and only during the week. When I went to cars, it was me, my daughter, some lady and her daughter in the whole theater. Now thats good stuff.

I do the same thing. I've seen major "blockbusters" the Monday following opening weekend in a near empty theater--and for less $$ than the slobs that saw it the day before me paid.

Little Whiskey
07-05-2006, 10:57 AM
hey skin did you get Harlan's hug yet?? :mrgreen:

my son has the same tendency in open spaces. we were at a tractor show last week. (tractors are actually his fav, cars are second, and balls are third. and i am still trying to reden his neck even at this young of age) we walked into an empty hall, except one pulling tractor and he first says CA (its is car with a very strong boston accent). then noticed the echo, and begins to go nuts CA!!!...CA!!!...CA!!!! but then again who doesn't go to the grand canyon and yell obsenities, just to hear them echo back. okay maybe the obsenities are just me, but you get the idea.

SkinBasket
07-05-2006, 10:59 AM

A good place for that is the cinema on Capital drive in Pewaukee. For a few years, if you went to any weekday matinee, you were likely to be the only one there.

It got busy for a while, but now it looks like it's back to its unpopular self again during that time.

Of course one of those times my wife and I were the only two in the theatre, three middle aged "ladies" walked in and proceeded to sit directly in front of us, no joking about it. I could not hold back a "Are you fucking serious?" They ignored me. We were younger at the time, so I began to talk loudly about having sex on our parent's bed until they became uncomfortable enough to move along. Really, I should not have been forced to such drastic measures though.

Zool
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I hear ya. Common courtesy isnt common anymore. I've had to threaten teenagers more than once for kicking my chair. I just refuse to go to a 7:00 or 9:00 movie anymore. Why pay someone money to be pissed off?

Fosco33
07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
I saw it on Monday w/ my girlfriend - normally I probably wouldn't catch this kinda flick - but she's works for Disney and helped get the Cars clothes out into the stores (like Kohls, Sears...).

I actually really liked the movie - it was pretty funny. I like the 60's van that kept talking about 'natural fuel' - no way kids get that but a little something for the parents :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I like to go to a movie when hardly anyone is there. I like to find a young couple, and sit right next to the woman. It really makes people feel uncomfortable. Right before the opening of the movie I will pull out my......cell phone and start playing with it, and then when the previews start to play I will call my wife.

Anyways, we went ot X-Men III on Monday night and I was impressed. They did a hell of a job in that movie with the special effects, and it kept you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Ever take a piss in a theater?

GrnBay007
07-05-2006, 11:04 PM

I think you would be better off waiting for the video to come out. It's kinda long for a kid's movie, I think 1:36. There is some adult humor in it too....that's what I like about the Disney movies the last 5-7 yrs. Nothing nasty, just funny stuff for the adults.

The tow truck in the movie just made me laugh every time they showed him with those buck teeth.

SkinBasket
07-06-2006, 07:22 AM

I think you would be better off waiting for the video to come out. It's kinda long for a kid's movie, I think 1:36. There is some adult humor in it too....that's what I like about the Disney movies the last 5-7 yrs. Nothing nasty, just funny stuff for the adults.

The tow truck in the movie just made me laugh every time they showed him with those buck teeth.

Yeah, the 30 minute Big Big World episodes on PBS are as long as our kid will stay put, and they change things up frequently between learning, singing, and the rest. Now that he's completely confident on his feet, he sees no reason not to be running at all times.

MJZiggy
07-06-2006, 08:47 AM

Yeah, the 30 minute Big Big World episodes on PBS are as long as our kid will stay put, and they change things up frequently between learning, singing, and the rest. Now that he's completely confident on his feet, he sees no reason not to be running at all times.

Try this vid. The guy is a small-town producer and has made a whole series of them on Road Construction, flying among others. We wore them out in our house.

http://www.greattapes.com/gt/product.phtml/roadcon

GrnBay007
07-06-2006, 12:35 PM

Better for him to be running around then sitting in front of a TV anyway.