PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Coordinator II

Joemailman
01-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Now that it looks like Vanilla Bob is gone, and there is a better idea of who some of the replacement candidates might be, who do you think the new DC should be? I did not add Eric Mangini because I think it's likely he'll get a HC job.

denverYooper
01-05-2009, 09:39 AM
After reading the blurb Vince posted in the Sanders thread, I had to go with McDermott.

The Iggles secondary looked pretty intimidating last night, too. Speaks well of him.

pbmax
01-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Take an Eagles assistant. It worked for the Giants.

cpk1994
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Anyone who votes Slowik should turn in their fan card immediately. :lol:

Fritz
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Winston Moss....Sean McDermott....I'd like to see the Pack stay with the 4-3. You go to a 3-4, then you've put your team behind because now you have to find different kinds of players than what you have chosen.

Packnut
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
My vote goes to McDermott or Pepper. Both are proven and come from solid systems that work and stand the test of time. This is no time to hit the recycle bin for the same old crap. Both of these guys will work their fannies off with this step up.

You gotta have aggressive attacking defenses in today's NFL. Make the QB think and give him little time to react. I know it's gonna be tough cause Teddy has failed miserably in providing talent on the defensive line and especially in the linebacker corps, but may-be his failures will serve as a wake-up call that what-ever the hell it is he's doing draft wise ain't working.

Fritz
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Jerry Gray...wasn't he a perennial all-pro safety with, what, the Cards?

Bretsky
01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Haslett, Nolan, McGinnis, McDermott, and Williams would make me happy

Marinelli is gone I think

I'm willing to give Winston Moss a chance; if MM canned the rest of his staff that tells me the new DC is not going to sit tight with the philosophy of VB

The Leaper
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't want Nolan. I want a young guy HUNGRY to make a name for himself. Chalk me up for McDermott.

RashanGary
01-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I voted Greg Williams. Runs a 4-3. McCarthy really respects him. TT/MM need this to pan out or they lose their jobs. He's proven. He can be handed the defense and let loose.

Makes sense to me.

HarveyWallbangers
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Would Prefer: Sean McDermott, Keith Butler, Todd Bowles, Pepper Johnson

Indifferent: Mike Nolan, Winston Moss, Dom Capers, Bill Sheridan, Chuck Cecil, Gunther Cunningham, Gregg Williams

Would Oppose: Romeo Crennel, Rod Marinelli, Jerry Gray, Dave McGinnis, Tim Lewis

Of course, I don't know jack sh!t.

ND72
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I should be in the running for DC. While on Christmas break, I took the Lions on Madden, switched them to a 3-4, and my 2nd year of it we had the #1 defense...rocked the world.

Or should I be in the running for a GM position?

:D

Bretsky
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
I think I should be in the running for DC. While on Christmas break, I took the Lions on Madden, switched them to a 3-4, and my 2nd year of it we had the #1 defense...rocked the world.

Will you be active during free agency or can we expect a Frank Walker each year :lol: :?:

ND72
01-05-2009, 09:03 PM

Will you be active during free agency or can we expect a Frank Walker each year :lol: :?:

First off season with Detroit I signed Darren Sproles, Carlos Dansby, & Matt Cassell. But I had a lot of successful draft picks & trades. One off season I traded 2, 2nd round picks for Devin Thomas & Tedd Ginn to go with Calvin Johnson. Also traded year 1 for Jermichael Finley who leads all TE's in receptions, yards, and TD every year.

Bretsky
01-05-2009, 09:04 PM

First off season with Detroit I signed Darren Sproles, Carlos Dansby, & Matt Cassell. But I had a lot of successful draft picks & trades. One off season I traded 2, 2nd round picks for Devin Thomas & Tedd Ginn to go with Calvin Johnson. Also traded year 1 for Jermichael Finley who leads all TE's in receptions, yards, and TD every year.

I'm on board; you are hired :lol:

ND72
01-05-2009, 09:05 PM
YAY

Joemailman
01-05-2009, 10:10 PM

Indifferent: Mike Nolan, Winston Moss, Dom Capers, Bill Sheridan, Chuck Cecil, Gunther Cunningham, Gregg Williams

Would Oppose: Romeo Crennel, Rod Marinelli, Jerry Gray, Dave McGinnis, Tim Lewis

Who's Jack Shit?

retailguy
01-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Who's Jack Shit?

Joe Cool's brother and Joe Whitts nephew... :P

Joemailman
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
1. Jack Shit

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of
Knee-deep Schitt, Inc.
Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and they had 6 children: Holie Schitt, The twins; Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt.
Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they had Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens
brothers in a dual ceremony.
The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse. Bull Schitt left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new bride, Pisa Schitt.

KYPack
01-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Joe,

You are sick.

I like that in a man.

You forgot to work in a "up shit creek" as their address.

Pack-man
01-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I say McDermott & sign him quick. Spagnola is most likely going to be hired as a HC somewhere. I would guess McDermott would be his logical choice as his DC.

Gunakor
01-06-2009, 01:15 PM

You can't turn the Lions into a 3-4 and make them #1 in the league in just one years time without being fairly active in FA. Not even in Madden.

Gunakor
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
1. Jack Shit

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of
Knee-deep Schitt, Inc.
Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and they had 6 children: Holie Schitt, The twins; Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt.
Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they had Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens
brothers in a dual ceremony.
The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse. Bull Schitt left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new bride, Pisa Schitt.

HAHAHA I had a T-Shirt that had a story like that on it way back when!