PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs Texas

steve823
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Great game im waatching it now. Im rooting for ohio state but im keeping my eye on orakpo. 2nd snap of game he got pressure and made the tackle hold him. pretty impressive already.

red
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
couple of possible packers playing

rak and jenkins

steve823
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I wish we could get Jenkins but the Browns are almost definetly getting him. Their corners are horrible.

Bossman641
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Entertaining game, but watching Pryor attempt to complete passes is just hideous. Throws off his back foot every time, underthrows WR's time after time, makes one read and if it's not there takes off scrambling.

BallHawk
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Entertaining game, but watching Pryor attempt to complete passes is just hideous. Throws off his back foot every time, underthrows WR's time after time, makes one read and if it's not there takes off scrambling.

They should just line him out wide every time. :lol:

b bulldog
01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
He is a true frosh, give him a break.

b bulldog
01-05-2009, 10:47 PM
McCoy has a big heart

b bulldog
01-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Orakpo!

steve823
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
fuck texas...at least orakpo did good though. a lot of new drafts are having kansas city get him before us though..hope not

Bossman641
01-05-2009, 11:03 PM
He is a true frosh, give him a break.

I'm not saying he won't be something eventually, but when he is on the field OSU is almost completely one-dimensional. He's a hell of a scrambler, but a terrible passer.

Partial
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM

Got to admit he is one heck of a playmaker, though. Dude is a stud. Definitely going to be a heisman candidate before he graduates imo.

theeaterofshades
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
was it just me or did that game feel like the end of a Packers game from the OHio State fan point of view?

steve823
01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
yup it did. and as a packer and ohio state fan and i can officaly say god hates me

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
yup it did. and as a packer and ohio state fan and i can officaly say god hates me

It feels that way.

steve823
01-06-2009, 06:22 AM
well at least you knowthat we can easily fix a few things and win those 7 games thats we gave up last year. So 6 + 7 = 13 -2...ok were 11-5 next year you heard it hear.

privatepacker
01-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Ohio State's freshman QB is almost a Vince Young clone. If he had taken off and ran in the first half like the 2nd., they would have had a bigger lead and maybe won the game.
OSU will be the champs before that guy graduates. He will get better in the passing phase of his career. he should look at Vince now and realize how that will help his career.

Bossman641
01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Anybody else think OSU was blitzing way too much late in the game? I know fans always complain about defenses being too conservative with leads (myself included), but OSU was getting a pretty good pass rush from their front 4 alone. It seemed like everytime they blitzed McCoy would hit the hot receiver.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Anybody else think OSU was blitzing way too much late in the game?

Yes--especially against a dink and dunk offense. They weren't going to get to him anyway. You have to keep the ball in front of you.

Pryor didn't look good throwing the ball last night, but he's actually surprised me this year with how solid he looks throwing the ball. I think the guy has a chance to be better than Young because I think he might end up being a better thrower. In Vince Young's freshman year, he completed 58% of his passes with 6 TDs and 7 interceptions. Pryor completed 60% of his passes with 12 TDs and 4 interceptions this year.

Pack-man
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Anybody else think OSU was blitzing way too much late in the game? I know fans always complain about defenses being too conservative with leads (myself included), but OSU was getting a pretty good pass rush from their front 4 alone. It seemed like everytime they blitzed McCoy would hit the hot receiver.

Agreed, I also hate it when defenses get too conservative. But I guess this shows you why most team go into some form of the prevent. 1 missed tackle by a DB and nobody behind him to make the tackle. Wow!

LL2
01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I didn't see the game...was Orakpo good or great?

texaspackerbacker
01-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Agreed, I also hate it when defenses get too conservative. But I guess this shows you why most team go into some form of the prevent. 1 missed tackle by a DB and nobody behind him to make the tackle. Wow!

I'm glad to see this was brought up before I got to it. The abject stupidity of blitzing too much was AGAIN demonstrated. Hopefully, those wanting to inflict crap like that on Packer fans took notice.

I thought Orakpo was mediocre, and to the extent he was good, it had a lot to do with being surrounded by good players.

I didn't think Jenkins was all that hot either--even though I have been advocating him as our first round pick. I'm leaning more toward Vontae Davis now after seeing Jenkins get beat a couple of times and generally not do much.

Pack-man
01-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Orakpo was good not great. He has a great burst off the ball. Reminds me of KGB when he first came to GB. Seemed like he disappeared for a good portion of the game.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought Orakpo had a good game. That doesn't necessarily mean it will translate to the pro game. Let's not kid ourselves though: he was bringing the heat. He got a sack and several other pressures and hits on the QB.

LL2
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM

Orakpo was good not great. He has a great burst off the ball. Reminds me of KGB when he first came to GB. Seemed like he disappeared for a good portion of the game.

Thanks...none of the sports sites list the defensive players stats from last nights game.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm really surprised at how inept the Ohio State tailbacks behind Chris Wells appeared. Usually OS has 2 or 3 good tailbacks.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm really surprised at how inept the Ohio State tailbacks behind Chris Wells appeared. Usually OS has 2 or 3 good tailbacks.

Herron was really the only other RB that carried the ball, and he only carried 5 times--which included a 15 yard TD. One other guy had 1 carry. The rest of the carries were by the QBs.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I thought Herron played small and ran uninstinctively. Ya, just a few carries to make judgement by. But the team really sagged without Wells back there.

rbaloha1
01-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Orakpo is unworthy of a #9 pick. Stay away.

Pack-man
01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought Herron played small and ran uninstinctively. Ya, just a few carries to make judgement by. But the team really sagged without Wells back there.

Texas really stepped up their run defense in the 2nd half. They shut down Wells when he was in there too.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
maybe so. Wells didn't get any carries in the 4th quarter.

b bulldog
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
The nohuddle offense gave the Bucks fits all night and that is really surprising considering all of their older players on D.

POLISHHAWK
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Not sure who you were watching, but I though Orackpo played Great! On a few runs I thought he got sucked inside; but after watching the replay; it was #91 that got sucked in... Bo was playing the other end.

Charles Woodson
01-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I just have a bad feeling about orackpo, i feel like hes too much of a work out warrior.

steve823
01-06-2009, 06:05 PM
they kept subbing him out but when he was in he did pretty dam good. if one of the great tackle slips or jenkins slips grab them but if not orakpo is good...if hes not taken by then cuz kansas city might get him

rbaloha1
01-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I just have a bad feeling about orackpo, i feel like hes too much of a work out warrior.

Agreed. Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane. Seems that he can get over powered at the point of attack.

The Okie dt might be a better pic.