PDA

View Full Version : So much for Mike Tice

Brando19
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/05/so-much-for-tice-becoming-a-head-coach-again/

Well...looks like some people never learn. These days, if there's a video camera, you're famous and in public...don't do anything stupid cuz someone will "youtube" your ass and you're up the creek.

red
01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
i don't see any problem with that video what so ever

he was just singing, with a bunch of people that were drinking

he didn't have anything in his hands

he was just singing

Brando19
01-05-2009, 09:34 PM

he was just singing

Yeah I agree, but PFT is making it like he'll never coach again. Now, if there's footage of him driving, I could understand that. Also, I don't see Del rio...is he in the footage?

red
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
no, i don't see del rio

it looks like a group of drunken fans grabbed tice after in the parking lot after the game and got him to sing god bless america

i really don't see how florio can in any way say that this is the nail in his career

Lurker64
01-05-2009, 09:37 PM
My guess is "a bunch of hammered college kids recognized Mike Tice, and wanted to hang out with him. Despite their inebriety, the revelers love America so a burst of spontaneous patriotism is captured on camera."

Brando19
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't want to meet Tice if I saw him in a parking lot....son of a bitch coached the Vikes.

Cheesehead Craig
01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with the video, he's just not a viable HC candidate overall.

MJZiggy
01-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Ok, it was no Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but I don't think the singing was bad enough to exclude him from head coaching. It's very rare they have to sing the play in to the quarterback. I think PFT is trying to blow nothing into something.

Lurker64
01-05-2009, 10:23 PM
There's nothing wrong with the video, he's just not a viable HC candidate overall.

He did more with less in Minnesota than Chilly has though. He sure comes across as a big dumb oaf and supreme dufus, but he might know how to motivate people to play football.

HarveyWallbangers
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Love Tice. Saw him at the horse track several times when he was the coach.

vince
01-06-2009, 12:37 AM

he was just singing
Agreed. Florio's roots as a jaded Viking fan rears its ugly head. In the absence of any additional information that would indicate otherwise, this smear is completely unwarranted.

Partial
01-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Love Tice. Saw him at the horse track several times when he was the coach.

I bet he's a real cool guy to sit and have a few beers with. Kind of reminds me of Seth Rogen. Not sure why.