PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rats a good place?

KYPack
01-06-2009, 08:43 AM
While cruising around cyberspace, I blundered into some other Packer Forums.

Check this joint out:

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?s=268c39eae5bb7d8ca9995fcb5dc7ee4b&showtopic=11383

Banning posters for a year for criticizing players?

How do some of these places stay afloat?

packinpatland
01-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Ummmmmmm.........I think so....

KYPack
01-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Ummmmmmm.........I think so....

Check this joint out:

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?s=268c39eae5bb7d8ca9995fcb5dc7ee4b&showtopic=11383

How do some of these places stay afloat?

Zool
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
If you put a space in your URL, it blanks your whole message.

Spaulding
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Aside from the periodic bickering this is an awesome site. I'm constantly reminded of that every time I read a JSO article and then look at the posts at the bottom.

KYPack
01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
If you put a space in your URL, it blanks your whole message.

OIC

I was freakin' out.

Thanks, Uncle Zool

wist43
01-06-2009, 09:08 AM
If we're not bickering, what's the point of a forum???

Exchange ideas, then argue like hell about them :D

cpk1994
01-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Check this joint out:

How do some of these places stay afloat?I once poasted there, but they have so many sub boards, you don't know what to post where. As for the poster who got banned 365 dyas, he made derogartory remarks including sexual preference of a Packers employee. Looks like Tank got banned at another site.

GrnBay007
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
As for the poster who got banned 365 dyas, he made derogartory remarks including sexual preference of a Packers employee. Looks like Tank got banned at another site.

:lol: :lol:

Pugger
01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Packerchatters is a good board. A lot of those folks are knowledgeable and try not to bicker too much. The language is PG-13. Packersnews.net is another forum I read daily too. Packerforum.com is okay too but it doesn't have a lot of traffic. The GB Press-Gazette blog is the worst! :P

Partial
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
We stole their good posters.

LL2
01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Having a Mexican running a sports site on a team that is in one of the whitest areas of this country is what makes this site great!

MadtownPacker
01-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Packerchatters is a good board. A lot of those folks are knowledgeable and try not to bicker too much. The language is PG-13. Packersnews.net is another forum I read daily too. Packerforum.com is okay too but it doesn't have a lot of traffic. The GB Press-Gazette blog is the worst! :P

http://1inkz.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/darkside.jpg

Pack-man
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Aside from the periodic bickering this is an awesome site. I'm constantly reminded of that every time I read a JSO article and then look at the posts at the bottom.

You call what happens on here bickering? Check out sportsbubbler.com's Packer forum once. They get down right nasty there!

MadtownPacker
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Having a Mexican running a sports site on a team that is in one of the whitest areas of this country is what makes this site great!Why didnt you capitalize "White" you racist. :lol:

Seriously though, based off that thread everyone on this forum except Patler, Oregon and Pugger would be locked out.

MJZiggy
01-06-2009, 07:02 PM
I'd argue that but it's been a beastly week at work.

Fritz
01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Shut yer pie-holes. All of yas!

Charles Woodson
01-06-2009, 09:59 PM
lmao, that was the most ridiculous shit ive ever seen. That mod is doing exactly what people want him to by publicly announcing what people are doing... Dono but reading that guys posts, i guarantee he is a complete jackass

Dont worry Mad, your easily the best packer board owner on the web

BallHawk
01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Seriously though, based off that thread everyone on this forum except Patler, Oregon and Pugger would be locked out.

Actually, I think one could say Oregon would have the forum all to himself. :lol:

sheepshead
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
I didnt want to start its own thread so I'll put this here. If you havent seen Florios pic of the day, its pretty darn funny:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/media/pic-of-the-day/

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I didnt want to start its own thread so I'll put this here. If you havent seen Florios pic of the day, its pretty darn funny:

OMG stop with the quoting pft!

red
01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
this place would be a lot better

WITH A GOD DAMN IGNORE BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only a few make this site not an A+

mission
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
i came from packerchatters so yeah, partial was right in his first post :lol:

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Ignore + multiquote = heaven.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/789
ignore

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/8481
multi-quote

MTP I will even research and implement them if you would like.

pbmax
01-07-2009, 09:12 PM
You cannot keep a good Tank down!

Mad, where is my cookie?! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2009, 07:41 AM
I can't imagine what an ignore button would be good for.

Back in the ancient days of usenet, alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers had some real psychos who made hundreds of posts a day. The ignore button there was golden.

I understand there may be posters here that you don't like, but I don't see anybody spamming the forum. I should think an eyeball-driven ignore ought to work wonderfully. IF accidentally reading a few lines of some distateful person puts your stomach in knots, the answer is therapy, not an ignore button.

sheepshead
01-08-2009, 07:54 AM

OMG stop with the quoting pft!

Come on, you have to admit, this pic of the dorkiest HC on the most hated team in football is funny!

KYPack
01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
I can't imagine what an ignore button would be good for.

Back in the ancient days of usenet, alt.sports.football.pro.gb-packers had some real psychos who made hundreds of posts a day. The ignore button there was golden.

I understand there may be posters here that you don't like, but I don't see anybody spamming the forum. I should think an eyeball-driven ignore ought to work wonderfully. IF accidentally reading a few lines of some distateful person puts your stomach in knots, the answer is therapy, not an ignore button.

Were you on there too?

That was a great forum for a good bit of time.

The spam wars destroyed that and Alt.recsports.Scuba, also.

I remember when the Spammers first hit, I couldn't figure out why they were doing it & I still don't know.

There are some goofs on here from time to time, but just a shake of the head gets you past 'em.

A true destroyer can be banned and that has to happen. Some people just get off on destruction.

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 08:30 AM
If you're using the ignore button to stop viewing posts by someone you're having a tiff with, doesn't that just mean you can't see what that person's saying about you? That could get kind of humorous.

Spaulding
01-08-2009, 08:37 AM

You call what happens on here bickering? Check out sportsbubbler.com's Packer forum once. They get down right nasty there!

Guess I should have qualified it more as bitching. The whole Favre drama got old after Day one with those blindly in Favre's camp and those blindly in TT's camp.

The vast majority of discussion (and humor) in here is awesome and things are definitely far better as of late but for a while this board was tending to one big bowl of suck like the old JSO.

cpk1994
01-08-2009, 08:45 AM

You call what happens on here bickering? Check out sportsbubbler.com's Packer forum once. They get down right nasty there!Yeah. You can see Tank in all his glory there. He is like his 5 alias with all the names he has been banned under. He isn't the only one on an least a second name there.

oregonpackfan
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM

Actually, I think one could say Oregon would have the forum all to himself. :lol:

A forum all to myself?! That would be great. I would finally be a legend in my own mind! :)