Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2009, 07:20 AM
you don't miss your water till your well run dry

sheepshead
01-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Where'd he go?

SkinBasket
01-07-2009, 07:56 AM
I think he felt abashed after his prank was poorly received by several people here. I've had the same thought, that he is missed here.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Prank huh? OK.

No one asked his stupid ass to leave. Guess he had a little Harlan in him after all.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2009, 08:01 AM
I caught him sneaking around the Romper Room this morning, but he did not respond to my love note.

When he started hating Madtown, I figured he can't be all bad.

Zool
01-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Guess he had a little Harlan in him after all.

I dunno about that, he didnt come back yet.

SkinBasket
01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Prank huh? OK.

Do you prefer karmic retribution?

MadtownPacker
01-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I caught him sneaking around the Romper Room this morning, but he did not respond to my love note.

When he started hating Madtown, I figured he can't be all bad.Yeah I have seen his punk ass around. Maybe he was hoping you would take this shithole off my hands like I ask you to. BTW the offers still stands.

Im glad I could provide a common bond for you love birds.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Prank huh? OK.

Do you prefer karmic retribution?No I prefer talking out my ass. Seems to work well for you.

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Im glad I could provide a common bond for you love birds.

I gotta get it somewhere. Any love is good love.

SkinBasket
01-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Prank huh? OK.

Do you prefer karmic retribution?No I prefer talking out my ass. Seems to work well for you.

Mysteries of the universe abound. Fear not those which chose to touch the little boy in your soul. They mean no harm. They seek only to impart a small portion of themselves as gentle lessons in humility, honesty, and humanity. Perhaps Scott was one of these mysteries made manifest by your own ignored yearnings.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Mysteries of the universe abound. Fear not those which chose to touch the little boy in your soul. They mean no harm. They seek only to impart a small portion of themselves as gentle lessons in humility, honesty, and humanity. Perhaps Scott was one of these mysteries made manifest by your own ignored yearnings.Possibly or perhaps he was just a stupid SOB who tried to start trouble. Doesnt matter, one less Whitey to worry about.

retailguy
01-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Possibly or perhaps he was just a stupid SOB who tried to start trouble. Doesnt matter, one less Whitey to worry about.

Trouble? These guys wouldn't start trouble. Well, er, as long as they get their way, they're actually quite happy souls. :roll:

SkinBasket
01-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Possibly or perhaps he was just a stupid SOB who tried to start trouble. Doesnt matter, one less Whitey to worry about.

Trouble? These guys wouldn't start trouble. Well, er, as long as they get their way, they're actually quite happy souls. :roll:

Just like some cocksuckers wouldn't instigate trouble by making stupid fucking posts like this right?

MadtownPacker
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM

Just like some cocksuckers wouldn't instigate trouble by making stupid fucking posts like this right?Exactly! :)

Freak Out
01-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey.....maybe the guy added a wife or two over the holidays and has been busy.

packinpatland
01-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey.....maybe the guy added a wife or two over the holidays and has been busy.

I'm thinking the opposite......they all left him. With laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, kids, lawn work (list is endless in describing 'women's work)........he doesn't have time for PR.

retailguy
01-07-2009, 01:24 PM

Just like some cocksuckers wouldn't instigate trouble by making stupid fucking posts like this right?

Me? Nah, Kettle, you surely have me confused with some other Pot. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I give Madtown an A for the management of the site. There is a natural tendency for these sorts of forums to evolve towards Packerchatters.com, packerrats is uniquely good because Madtown mostly lets a thousand flowers bloom, as chairman Mao once said.

The way to get an A+ rating from me is for Madtown and the mods to never, ever get into personal battles with posters. Its totally unnecessary and destructive. This is easier said than done, of course. But the key is to enforce clear rules uniformly, and NEVER personalize things. As soon as a cop gets all mad, or takes a violation as a challenge to their manhood, a cycle of misery ensues. The strategy of making an example out of the "bad eggs" is bullshit, there truly are no bad eggs here, just personality differences and different ways.

retailguy
01-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I give Madtown an A for the management of the site. There is a natural tendency for these sorts of forums to evolve towards Packerchatters.com, packerrats is uniquely good because Madtown mostly lets a thousand flowers bloom, as chairman Mao once said.

The way to get an A+ rating from me is for Madtown and the mods to never, ever get into personal battles with posters. Its totally unnecessary and destructive. This is easier said than done, of course. But the key is to enforce clear rules uniformly, and NEVER personalize things. As soon as a cop gets all mad, or takes a violation as a challenge to their manhood, a cycle of misery ensues. The strategy of making an example out of the "bad eggs" is bullshit, there truly are no bad eggs here, just personality differences and different ways.

Captain Kangaroo? Is it you? :P

Harlan Huckleby
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
oh God, I remember when I was about 12 years old, my dad gave me a TERRIBLE haircut. Little bangs hanging down in front. He really should have stuck with buzz cuts.

My younger brother saw me and said without hesitation or smile, "Morning, Captain." I knew instantly what he was referring.

SkinBasket
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Nope. I checked. You're just a cocksucker. And pretty dim to boot.

mraynrand
01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
oh God, I remember when I was about 12 years old, my dad gave me a TERRIBLE haircut. Little bangs hanging down in front. He really should have stuck with buzz cuts.

My younger brother saw me and said without hesitation or smile, "Morning, Captain." I knew instantly what he was referring.

Probably because your dad was shitfaced drunk when he cut your hair

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/heveymetalhead/captain_morgan.jpg

mraynrand
01-07-2009, 09:58 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51F44VMXZ2L._SL500.jpg

retailguy
01-07-2009, 10:08 PM

Oh Dear. Skin doesn't like me. Pardon me if I don't lose a bunch of sleep over this.

I'm really concerned that someone with SIX years of real working experience thinks I'm "dim". If you want to see the "dim" guy, go into that fancy new bathroom that your good buddy built you and look in the mirror.

Love ya buddy. :P It is guys like you that make this place laughable. We all just keep coming back to see what happens next.

retailguy
01-07-2009, 10:09 PM

This is priceless Harlan. thanks for the laugh.

Deputy Nutz
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM

Oh Dear. Skin doesn't like me. Pardon me if I don't lose a bunch of sleep over this.

I'm really concerned that someone with SIX years of real working experience thinks I'm "dim". If you want to see the "dim" guy, go into that fancy new bathroom that your good buddy built you and look in the mirror.

Love ya buddy. :P It is guys like you that make this place laughable. We all just keep coming back to see what happens next.

Thee who drinks the dick spit first is usually the last.

bobblehead
01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Prank huh? OK.

No one asked his stupid ass to leave. Guess he had a little Harlan in him after all.

Which "little" part of harlen did he have in him?? I thought he was a homophope :shock:

Zool
01-08-2009, 07:25 AM

Thee who drinks the dick spit first is usually the last.

Are you challenging RG to a game of soggy biscuit?

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 08:13 AM

You can work all you want retail, it ain't going to make you any smarter. Or any less of a cock snorkeler. Maybe I'll open up some crappy retail chains and feel self important and pompous and complete as a human being. God would be proud of me then.

It's awesome that your greatest contribution to this site is insulting other members then pontificating on how much better a person you are than those you insult. Jesus loves you.

Any other threads you want to dig up in your attempt to feel better about yourself? Really, eradicating lesbians and trying to use past posts to make half-assed efforts to shame other posters befits your moderator and good Christian role so well.

retailguy
01-08-2009, 08:42 AM
You can work all you want retail, it ain't going to make you any smarter. Or any less of a cock snorkeler. Maybe I'll open up some crappy retail chains and feel self important and pompous and complete as a human being. God would be proud of me then.

It's awesome that your greatest contribution to this site is insulting other members then pontificating on how much better a person you are than those you insult. Jesus loves you.

Any other threads you want to dig up in your attempt to feel better about yourself? Really, eradicating lesbians and trying to use past posts to make half-assed efforts to shame other posters befits your moderator and good Christian role so well.

I hope, in some strange way, that this thread is therapudic for you and helps you deal with whatever inadequacies you are feeling.

You referred to past threads and you know why I said what I said. I made my point and moved on. I illustrated your level of "expertise" in making the determination you made, and then explained why I didn't put much stock into it. I believe I was correct in my statement of your "years of experience".

As I recall you stated that you didn't have "much of a resume" because you've had one job since college and that lasted six years. I take that to mean that you worked a few years out of college and then supported your wife through law school and then stopped working.... If I'm wrong, please correct me. I don't wish to unfairly judge you, nor to further minimize your experience.

Sometimes you just need to accept where your experience lies. You are not the best judge to determine whether someone is "dim". You should stick to your strengths, like evaluating playstation 3 games, or better, creating the perfect x-rated spaghetti recipe. Those are skills I simply do not have, nor am even striving to achieve.

You might end up with an edgy food network special. After all Guy Fieri has to retire at some point. You'll probably have to give up your extreme lesbian/gay love, but hey we all have to sacrifice in some way to make a living.

Zool
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Soggy Biscuit (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=soggy%20biscuit)

1. soggy biscuit

A male masturbating game. Contestants all jack off onto a digestive biscuit.whoever shoots his load first onto the biscuit is deemed the winner! The loser.... eats the biscuit

Oh man, what a night! we played soggy biscuit again, Atkins came straightaway and I had to eat the cookie!

Harlan Huckleby
01-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I think Skin will end up eating the biscuit. Retail seems pretty excited. In fact, I'm willing to put $50 on it.

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Retail and Skin should fight this one out in a more appropriate location - like at Chuck E. Cheese.

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Sometimes you just need to accept where your experience lies. You are not the best judge to determine whether someone is "dim".

I know a lot of smart people. And a lot of dim ones. You fall on the latter part of the scale. That and you're an asshole. Heck of a combination. Jesus loves all his dim creatures though, so fear not.

On a related note, why do people find the notion of vampires drinking one bodily fluid romantic and erotic while they see homos eating a biscuit sodden in another bodily fluid as horrendous? Others even find similar notions religious and kneel down weekly for it.

Partial
01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd say the dim one is Skin. I remember last year about this time when he was explaining how tough his life is, meanwhile bragging about how great his new blu-ray player looked, and was a key contributor in the video game thread. Talked about how he earned the ten minutes a day to break away and spend it on this site (I'd guess it's closer to 45 minutes to an hour for the skinster).

Must be nice to marry a rich girl. I still suspects she dumps him eventually. That, or she's an uggo.

Freak Out
01-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Can you feel the love? :lol:

It doesn't take long for any thread around here to turn south. :lol:

Spouses should be off limits.

arcilite
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
this thread makes me laugh

swede
01-08-2009, 12:04 PM

Giggidy giggidy!

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Must be nice to marry a rich girl. I still suspects she dumps him eventually. That, or she's an uggo.

Partial, the next time we meet face to face, insult my family.

bobblehead
01-08-2009, 12:15 PM

Careful dude, he is getting pretty big by his own admission.

swede
01-08-2009, 12:21 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/SumoSuit2.jpg

And he's self-inflating.

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM

You must be a South Pole Elf.

http://www.peterdinklageonline.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dinklagethreshold1.jpg

Partial
01-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Can you feel the love? :lol:

It doesn't take long for any thread around here to turn south. :lol:

Skin can take it :lol:

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 01:37 PM

If you saw him throw a football, you wouldn't be worried.

Partial
01-08-2009, 03:17 PM

Those beautiful spirals wouldn't make you worried. They'd make you want me under center! :lol:

Bossman641
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM

Can Partial post a video of himself throwing a football? I've heard so much discussion about this and I can't help but feel that I am missing out on something major.

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 03:53 PM

Can Partial post a video of himself throwing a football? I've heard so much discussion about this and I can't help but feel that I am missing out on something major.

You can help it.

swede
01-08-2009, 04:14 PM

this one is a still from his Myspace.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/unclerico.jpg

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 04:21 PM

this one is a still from his Myspace.

ZONG! Perfect. But remember that Uncle Rico can throw the ball a quarter mile...

P.S. Give me some of your tots, man.

HarveyWallbangers
01-08-2009, 04:32 PM

The Vikes should sign this guy.

GrnBay007
01-08-2009, 05:29 PM
So then....

Back to Scott. I've seen him around on occasion. C'mon back to posting SC!

P.S. I play catch with my son all the time. I can throw a pretty nice spiral. :D Not like a really far bomb, but a pretty pass. :P

Partial
01-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Theres really not much to it. I don't remember playing with Skin, but I tossed a ball around with Nutz and Bangers. I think all three of us can chuck the rock pretty good.

SkinBasket
01-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I think all three of us can chuck the rock pretty good.

I was busy smoking while you were tossing nutz. Both he and I have a starkly different recollection of your performance than you seem to. I guess when you're 6'1" you have trouble remembering stuff like that.

mraynrand
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
So then....

Back to Scott. I've seen him around on occasion. C'mon back to posting SC!

P.S. I play catch with my son all the time. I can throw a pretty nice spiral. :D Not like a really far bomb, but a pretty pass. :P

You da Bomb.

MadtownPacker
01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Must be nice to marry a rich girl. I still suspects she dumps him eventually. That, or she's an uggo.This is not acceptable Partial and you know it. Your fight is with skinbasket not his family and they are not posters here. Consider this the final warning regarding bringing someones family up.

MJZiggy
01-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh fer Pete's sake Scott. We all know you're here. I'm looking right at you. Right now reading this forum. You may as well pipe up already.

mraynrand
01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't miss him. He is probably Skiing at Brighton right now anyway. He doesn't miss any of us, that's for sure.

MateoInMex
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Sometimes you just need to accept where your experience lies. You are not the best judge to determine whether someone is "dim".

I know a lot of smart people. And a lot of dim ones. You fall on the latter part of the scale. That and you're an asshole. Heck of a combination. Jesus loves all his dim creatures though, so fear not.

On a related note, why do people find the notion of vampires drinking one bodily fluid romantic and erotic while they see homos eating a biscuit sodden in another bodily fluid as horrendous? Others even find similar notions religious and kneel down weekly for it.

I've wondered the same thing...regarding anal sex with a female. It's just not m cup of tea. Some love it..i'd prefer to not meet a chick 's BK Broiler on the way out.

It's all about 1's tastes. I know many experience sexuality changes in college...I never had a homosexual encounter...maybe I should have joined a fraternity.

HowardRoark
01-12-2009, 07:35 PM

SkinBasket
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Are we still waiting for Scott to break his vow of silence?

GrnBay007
01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
What does your sig mean skin?

Bretsky
01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Scott is in Utah
Scott has seven wives
He's been fortunate enough to have several sevensomes over his life
Now they are all getting him back and they want to talk instead so he's out of time :lol:

HowardRoark
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.twiningsfs.co.uk/images/ovaltine/pic_ovaltine.jpg

packinpatland
01-12-2009, 10:29 PM
What does your sig mean skin?

I was wondering the same thing........glad YOU asked. :lol:

I think it's some cryptic code for lord knows what..........

Zool
01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
http://www.twiningsfs.co.uk/images/ovaltine/pic_ovaltine.jpg

Finally someone gets it

mraynrand
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Is this like the new pig latin?

"01000010 01100101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100100 01110010 01101001 01101110 01101011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001111 01110110 01100001 01101100 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100101 00101110"

Vergewissern Sie sich, trinken Sie Ovaltine.

GrnBay007
01-12-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it's some cryptic code for lord knows what..........

??? maybe it's a message to Nutz that he misses him.

....or maybe something really gross.. :D

...or maybe it's a silent message to me saying good job for kicking his butt in FF!!! Haaa.....I like that one best!!!! :D :twisted:

gex
01-14-2009, 03:40 PM
i see you SC :wink:

mraynrand
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
I see you SC!

Kiwon
01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I see you SC!

Me, too!

Just one pithy comment for 'ole times sake?

Bossman641
01-21-2009, 11:15 PM
He's here!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I miss packerrats.

Deputy Nutz
01-22-2009, 10:29 PM

We don't have to wait for that, I don't think he is all that hard to find.

Partial
01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
1 in 2000 working americans was laid off today. Does anyone else realize how ridiculous that is for one day? Yikes.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/26/news/economy/job_cuts/index.htm

This bailout is just chaping my ass more and more. How can the economy get any worse?

Harlan Huckleby
01-27-2009, 12:50 AM
1 in 2000 working americans was laid off today. Does anyone else realize how ridiculous that is for one day? Yikes.

We are in early stage of a depression. The economists I hear are saying that the job situation won't start to improve until around 2011. And that's best case scenario - no unforseen setbacks from overseas, etc.

the real hard times will come in about a year. We've been losing 500K jobs per month the last several months, and the effects will hit when all those people start running out of savings and unemployment benefits.

This is the real shit.

HowardRoark
01-31-2009, 08:32 AM
http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=16618&start=20

bobblehead
01-31-2009, 02:16 PM

We are in early stage of a depression. The economists I hear are saying that the job situation won't start to improve until around 2011. And that's best case scenario - no unforseen setbacks from overseas, etc.

the real hard times will come in about a year. We've been losing 500K jobs per month the last several months, and the effects will hit when all those people start running out of savings and unemployment benefits.

This is the real shit.

yes....2008 only GREW the economy by a bit over a percent...ITS THE GREAT DEPRESSION OVER AGAIN....RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

Fosco33
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
SC-

Prop 8's passage and opposition has subsided 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
yes....2008 only GREW the economy by a bit over a percent...ITS THE GREAT DEPRESSION OVER AGAIN....RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

wow. you need to get yourself a tv convertor box and catch up on the news.

Maybe the overall growth last year was merely poor, but the economy tanked last fall, and has seemingly been in a freefall since.

Last month, the GDP shrank more than at any time since 1958. The overall economy is as weak as it was in 1982 and falling. I remember how much 1982 sucked.

I've been watching Milton Freedman, conservative economist of renown, on various talk shows. He says that the stimulus package passed by congress is not only misguided, it is far too small. It won't begin to fill the hole opening in the economy. This from a fiscal conservative.

I was talking to my dad in Florida, he said small businesses there are shutting down left and right, and it is beginning to remind him of his boyhood days during depression.

Losing 500,000 jobs per month for three months, and gathering momentum.

And situation is only partially in our control by any means, a world-wide depression appears to be breaking out. Our economy has relied increasingly on exports.

I will be VERY, VERY happy if this turns out to be a deep recession that can start to turn around in a couple years. I am scared it could be much worse. You are blind if you don't see that real possibility.

mraynrand
02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Newsflash:

Newsflash:

Milton Friedman, Free Markets Theorist, Dies at 94

Published: November 16, 2006

Milton Friedman, the grandmaster of free-market economic theory in the postwar era and a prime force in the movement of nations toward less government and greater reliance on individual responsibility, died today in San Francisco, where he lived. He was 94.
Skip to next paragraph
Enlarge This Image
The New York Times

Milton Friedman in 1964.
Related
The Lede: Milton Friedman Dies
Enlarge This Image
Doug Mills/Associated Press

President Bush honored Milton Friedman at a ceremony in 2002.

His death was confirmed by Robert Fanger, a spokesman for the Milton and Rose D. Friedman Foundation in Indianapolis.

Conservative and liberal colleagues alike viewed Mr. Friedman, a Nobel prize laureate, as one of the 20th century’s leading economic scholars, on a par with giants like John Maynard Keynes and Paul Samuelson.

Flying the flag of economic conservatism, Mr. Friedman led the postwar challenge to the hallowed theories of Lord Keynes, the British economist who maintained that governments had a duty to help capitalistic economies through periods of recession and to prevent boom times from exploding into high inflation.

In Professor Friedman’s view, government had the opposite obligation: to keep its hands off the economy, to let the free market do its work. He was a spiritual heir to Adam Smith, the 18th-century founder of the science of economics and proponent of laissez-faire: that government governs best which governs least.

The only economic lever that Mr. Friedman would allow government to use was the one that controlled the supply of money — a monetarist view that had gone out of favor when he embraced it in the 1950s. He went on to record a signal achievement, predicting the unprecedented combination of rising unemployment and rising inflation that came to be called stagflation. His work earned him the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science in 1976.

Rarely, his colleagues said, did anyone have such impact on both his own profession and on government. Though he never served officially in the halls of power, he was always around them, as an adviser and theorist.

“Among economic scholars, Milton Friedman had no peer,” Ben S. Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, said today. “The direct and indirect influences of his thinking on contemporary monetary economics would be difficult to overstate.”

Professor Friedman also fueled the rise of the Chicago School of economics, a conservative group within the department of economics at the University of Chicago. He and his colleagues became a counterforce to their liberal peers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, influencing close to a dozen American winners of the Nobel prize in economics.

It was not only Mr. Friedman’s antistatist and free-market views that held sway over his colleagues. There was also his willingness to create a place where independent thinkers could be encouraged to take unconventional stands as long as they were prepared to do battle to support them.

“Most economics departments are like country clubs,” said James J. Heckman, a Chicago faculty member and Nobel laureate who earned his doctorate at Princeton. “But at Chicago you are only as good as your last paper.”

Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said of Mr. Friedman in an interview on Tuesday. “From a longer-term point of view, it’s his academic achievements which will have lasting import. But I would not dismiss the profound impact he has already had on the American public’s view.”

To Mr. Greenspan, Mr. Friedman came along at an opportune time. The Keynesian consensus among economists, he said — one that had worked well from the 1930s — could not explain the stagflation of the 1970s.

But he also said that Mr. Friedman had made a broader political argument: that you have to have economic freedom to have political freedom.

Mr. Friedman had a gift for communicating complicated ideas in simple and lucid ways, and it served him well as the author or co-author of more than a dozen books, as a columnist for Newsweek from 1966 to 1983 and even as the star of a public television series. He was a bridge between the academic and popular worlds, and his broader impact stemmed in large part from the fact that he was preaching a gospel of capitalism that fit neatly into American self-perceptions. He was pushing on an open door.

A Libertarian Champion

As a libertarian, Mr. Friedman advocated legalizing drugs and generally opposed public education and the state’s power to license doctors, automobile drivers and others. He was criticized for those views, but he stood by them, arguing that prohibiting, regulating or licensing human behavior either does not work or creates inefficient bureaucracies.

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2009, 10:38 PM
wow, that is big news. :lol:

let me see who I was thinking of.... its an equally famous guy.

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Martin Feldstein

Milton Freedman, Martin Feldstein - the smart jewish guy.

I got their names confused, I remember Milton. I think Martin Feldstein is the champion conservative economist these days, or at least the media goto guy.

mraynrand
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I thought you were talking about Harvey feldstein

http://community.flexiblelearning.net.au/media/Media_459.jpg

HowardRoark
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
the smart jewish guy.....

A Bleak Day

By Ben Stein on 1.29.09 @ 9:31AM

I love this. The new kind of politics of hope. Eight hours of debate in the HR to pass a bill spending $820 billion, or roughly $102 billion per hour of debate.

Only ten per cent of the "stimulus" to be spent on 2009.

Close to half goes to entities that sponsor or employ or both members of the Service Employees International Union, federal, state, and municipal employee unions, or other Democrat-controlled unions.

This bill is sent to Congress after Obama has been in office for seven days. It is 680 pages long. According to my calculations, not one member of Congress read the entire bill before this vote. Obviously, it would have been impossible, given his schedule, for President Obama to have read the entire bill.

For the amount spent we could have given every unemployed person in the United States roughly $75,000.

We could give every person who had lost a job and is now passing through long-term unemployment of six months or longer roughly $300,000.

There has been pork barrel politics since there has been politics. The scale of this pork is beyond what had ever been imagined before -- and no one can be sure it will actually do much stimulation.

Further, no one can be sure that we are not already at the trough/inflection point of the recession such that this money will be spent mostly after the recovery is well under way.

How long until the debt incurred under this program is so immense that it causes a downgrade in the sovereign debt of the USA? What happens to us then?

This has been a punch in the solar plexus to the kind of responsible, far-seeing, mature government processes that are needed to protect America. This is more than the pork barrel. This is a coup for the constituencies of the party in power and against the idea of a responsible government itself. A bleak day.

Unfortunately, it is only the latest in a long series of such days stretching across decades of rule by both parties, to the point where truly responsible government is only a distant echo of our forgotten ancestors.

swede
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
R.I.P. Milton Friedman

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/a99_feldman.jpg

australianpackerbacker
10-31-2019, 04:03 AM
Me too..where is the guy these days?