PDA

View Full Version : Mangini gets the job

Brando19
01-07-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/07/mangini-gets-the-job/

Looks like Mangini's going to lead the Browns...I believe the Jets messed up by letting him go. Time will tell.

rbaloha1
01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Great move by the Browns. BF got him fired.

swede
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
So if Mangini wins the SB with the Browns it will be because Mike Nolan and Mike McCarthy pass on Aaron Rodgers in San Francisco allowing him to be drafted by the Packers at #24 where he develops into a good enough prospect that the team feels comfortable allowing Favre to retire, and following Favre's unretirement he gets traded by TT and Mike McCarthy to the Jets where he plays well enough to get hopes up and then loses games down the stretch due to a sore shoulder, causing the team to miss the playoffs, causing Mangini to be fired, allowing him to lead the Browns to the Superbowl...

...all because San Francisco drafts Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers.

RashanGary
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Good move for the Browns. He should jump right into that defense and continue building where Romeo left off. I don't think they're good enough now, but this should be a pretty seamless transition with a coach that I think is a pretty good one.

swede
01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Are Jets fans happy they fired Mangini, or were they ticked to see him go?

Brando19
01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
So if Mangini wins the SB with the Browns it will be because Mike Nolan and Mike McCarthy pass on Aaron Rodgers in San Francisco allowing him to be drafted by the Packers at #24 where he develops into a good enough prospect that the team feels comfortable allowing Favre to retire, and following Favre's unretirement he gets traded by TT and Mike McCarthy to the Jets where he plays well enough to get hopes up and then loses games down the stretch due to a sore shoulder, causing the team to miss the playoffs, causing Mangini to be fired, allowing him to lead the Browns to the Superbowl...

...all because San Francisco drafts Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers.

Simply put.

sheepshead
01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/07/mangini-gets-the-job/

Looks like Mangini's going to lead the Browns...I believe the Jets messed up by letting him go. Time will tell.

Stop with the Florio cut and pasting already

packinpatland
01-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Great move by the Browns. BF got him fired.

Would you stop with that crap.........

Good for Mangini, this may be a very good fit.

RashanGary
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Favre is a coach/gm killer. No matter the circumstance, everyone but Favre gets blamed.

hurleyfan
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Are Jets fans happy they fired Mangini, or were they ticked to see him go?

Most of the Jets fans I know were in LOVE with BF when he came to the Jets, figuring he would be the final piece needed by Man-genius to truly unseat the hated Bellichek and the Pats..

Now, I get the impression most Jets fans are not all that sad to see Mangini go..

Time will tell, but I for one thought he should have gotten another year..