PDA

View Full Version : NFL all-dissapointment team

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/07/all-disappointment-team/index.html?eref=T1

Ty, check out the RB situation :lol:

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:14 PM
A lot of us, including myself like Jamal Anderson two years ago in the draft. So far he has evidently sucked.

• Dishonorable mention: Jamaal Anderson, Falcons -- The No. 8 overall pick in the 2007 draft got the first two sacks of his career this season. Need I say more?

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I remember a lot of people thought Gholston would go #2 to the rams last year. Man, what an awful year!

Vernon Gholston, Jets -- And to think that the Ohio State linebacker at one point was considered a candidate to go first overall in last April's draft. New York took him sixth overall, and he was hands-down the biggest disappointment of the first round. By season's end, he wasn't even making the game-day active roster. His 13 tackles, no sacks, no fumbles forced and no interceptions make him our easiest pick of all.

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM
For HarveyWallbangers :D

Ken Hamlin, Cowboys -- Hamlin had a career year and made the Pro Bowl with Dallas in 2007, and then got franchised, ultimately signing a six-year, $39 million contract that included $9 million to sign and guarantees of almost $15 million. As for this season, if he ever made a big play, I missed it. All I ever saw of Hamlin was the back of his jersey, either missing a tackle or chasing another receiver or running back to the end zone.

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:17 PM
For myself!

Jack Del Rio, Jaguars -- Jacksonville was supposed to have a team poised for a legitimate run at the Super Bowl. But the bottom fell out for the Jaguars this season, with horrible locker room chemistry, sloppy play and a coaching staff that seemed powerless to change the losing dynamic. The low point of the season was Del Rio's ugly head-to-head showdown with linebacker Mike Peterson.

Bossman641
01-07-2009, 08:18 PM

Who was it? "Money" Morency?? Haha, I kid Partial. I thought he'd be decent too.

red
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM
glen dorsey was almost the #1 pick in the last draft and he made it

they have to give some of these younger guys some time

mario williams also looked like a giant bust at the beginning. now he looks like a future hall of famer

at least no packers made the list

Partial
01-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Who was it? "Money" Morency?? Haha, I kid Partial. I thought he'd be decent too.

A few people including my buddy Joel were completely convinced that he was going to be the second coming! He's too thin! I was very adament about it last year. He's more Reggie Bush than Peterson.

The back to get excited about on the Raiders is a healthy Michael Bush, the big guy who broke his leg before the draft. Dude was a stallion!

I gave myself some face smearing with the Jack Del Rio. Guy is my favorite coach in the NFL.

red
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I remember a lot of people thought Gholston would go #2 to the rams last year. Man, what an awful year!

Vernon Gholston, Jets -- And to think that the Ohio State linebacker at one point was considered a candidate to go first overall in last April's draft. New York took him sixth overall, and he was hands-down the biggest disappointment of the first round. By season's end, he wasn't even making the game-day active roster. His 13 tackles, no sacks, no fumbles forced and no interceptions make him our easiest pick of all.

i had a gut feeling he was going to be a bust, i just thought he was very over rated and too much of a tweener

RashanGary
01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Jamaal Anderson is still only 22 years old. He's still growing into his body. If he works hard and learns from Abraham, he has a chance to be good next season.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-07-2009, 08:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/01/07/all-disappointment-team/index.html?eref=T1

Putting rookies on that team is ridiculous.

But, i'll leave you with mr. bank's own quote, "He'll do better than that in the future."

pbmax
01-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I am amazed we aren't represented. Even at executive or coach?

Wahle and Faneca both made it. Its like guard is the one FA spot you can't win in! Long live Matt O'Dwyer and Adrian Klemm!

HarveyWallbangers
01-07-2009, 09:19 PM

Ken Hamlin, Cowboys -- Hamlin had a career year and made the Pro Bowl with Dallas in 2007, and then got franchised, ultimately signing a six-year, $39 million contract that included $9 million to sign and guarantees of almost $15 million. As for this season, if he ever made a big play, I missed it. All I ever saw of Hamlin was the back of his jersey, either missing a tackle or chasing another receiver or running back to the end zone.

Your point? Doesn't mean he has had a bad career. If Donald Driver caught 20 balls next year and was put on this team, would that mean he wasn't a solid player? Your arguments are inane sometimes. Even if last year was his only Pro Bowl caliber year, he's been a solid starter. He's been a starter for 6 years in his career, made a Pro Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kenhamlin/careerstats?id=HAM413954

Cleft Crusty
01-07-2009, 10:06 PM
The biggest disappointment was Ed Hochuli. His guns were smaller, he lost a game for the Chargers, he didn't nitpick anywhere near the level we've become accustomed to, and he worked a lot of crappy games between crappy teams, not the Marquee games we all love to see him ref.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/KBQB_blog/hochblog.jpg

Brando19
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Here's my dissapointing team:
2008 Green Bay Packers....

but a few other players include,

QB Jason Campbell
RB L.T.
WR Terrell Owens and Donte Stallworth

Partial
01-08-2009, 12:26 AM

Putting rookies on that team is ridiculous.

But, i'll leave you with mr. bank's own quote, "He'll do better than that in the future."

Right Ty... and I remember about week 8 where you still said he was having a GREAT season. And the iPhone will never say 10 million by the end of 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partial
01-08-2009, 12:28 AM

Your point? Doesn't mean he has had a bad career. If Donald Driver caught 20 balls next year and was put on this team, would that mean he wasn't a solid player? Your arguments are inane sometimes. Even if last year was his only Pro Bowl caliber year, he's been a solid starter. He's been a starter for 6 years in his career, made a Pro Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kenhamlin/careerstats?id=HAM413954

He had a good second year in Seattle, was stabbed in the head in his third, was slightly above average in his 4th, and played on a stacked Dallas team last year. For a high second round pick that is not good for Seattle imo. If its a good pick, you hope to keep him around. Instead, they let him walk and brought in Walker, a better player.

I'm not trying to prove a point with this thread. I thought it was comical.

Patler
01-08-2009, 05:02 AM
How did Javon Walker not make the team?

Why no punter named? Frost should have gotten strong consideration, although Plackermaier as a draft pick being released early in the season would have been strong competition.

I can't believe Harrell didn't even get dishonorable mention. He was picked only 3 spots after Carriker. He did as little as he could this year and still was not recognized for doing so little! :lol:

cpk1994
01-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Walker didn'y make the team becuase Walker didn't dissappoint;He sucked like everyone(except Al Davis) thought he would. :lol:

And for those that wanted TT to get this guy last offesason:

Jason Taylor, Redskins -- After spending most of his offseason Dancing with the Stars, Taylor stomped his way out of Miami and into Washington in a blockbuster July trade. And what did the Redskins get for their $8 million, not to mention their second- and sixth-round picks? All of 3½ sacks and 29 tackles in 13 games of action. Yes, he was injured part of the time, but even when he was healthy, he was underwhelming. Taylor said recently he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't return to Washington for a second season. Neither would we.

Patler
01-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Walker didn'y make the team becuase Walker didn't dissappoint;He sucked like everyone(except Al Davis) thought he would. :lol:

Now that is a VERY strong argument in favor of his non-selection! :lol:

sheepshead
01-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Boy theres a lot of names in that article that people have been screaming for over the last few years. Hmmmmmmm

BZnDallas
01-08-2009, 09:15 AM

And for those that wanted TT to get this guy last offesason:

Jason Taylor, Redskins -- After spending most of his offseason Dancing with the Stars, Taylor stomped his way out of Miami and into Washington in a blockbuster July trade. And what did the Redskins get for their $8 million, not to mention their second- and sixth-round picks? All of 3½ sacks and 29 tackles in 13 games of action. Yes, he was injured part of the time, but even when he was healthy, he was underwhelming. Taylor said recently he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't return to Washington for a second season. Neither would we.

i have to admit, i was one that wanted to see JT wearing green and gold this past year... i guess thats why i lost in packerrats fantasy football this year... lol... nah but i wonder, how did washingtons scheme differ from miamis the year before? maybe he was placed in the wrong scheme?... maybe if hes a bit cheaper this year and we run a scheme more suited for JT he'd rethink coming to GB... (when will i/we ever learn)... hahaha... i gotta say a cheap JT and Hanyesworth would be pretty sweet!! (in my dreams!)

Guiness
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Walker was mentioned - under the GM section, as a reason for Al Davis being selected. So he was on the radar...

DeAngelo Hall - I thought he'd played at least ok while in Washington the second half of the season.