PDA

View Full Version : Marinelli to the Bears

Brando19
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like he'll stay in the NFC North. I just saw on NFL Network that he is the new assistant coach/defensive line coach of Da Bears. Good for him...he's a good guy and I didn't think he'd be out of work long, whether it be announcing or coaching.

KYPack
01-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Marinelli is a great D coach. He was hopelessly out of his depth at HC. that 'ol Tampa gang is getting back together again.

That could be trouble for us. Marinelli will get Chi's T2 rollin'.

red
01-10-2009, 04:51 PM
i think its a good move for him and the team

players seem to love him and work hard for him

and it wasn't his fault he had to coach one of the worst teams ever assembled

i wouldn't have minded us thinking about bringing him in at DC

Lurker64
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM

He's an outstanding defensive line coach, but I don't know if he has the chops to be a coordinator. Coordinators really need to know schemes, and overall defensive strategy. Position coaches just need to know position play, and how to inspire people. So the promotion from position coach to head coach was reasonable, since head coaches just need to know how to manage and assemble a staff and inspire people.

I'm not sure we have much in the way of evidence that he'd be good as a DC.

Rastak
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM

He's an outstanding defensive line coach, but I don't know if he has the chops to be a coordinator. Coordinators really need to know schemes, and overall defensive strategy. Position coaches just need to know position play, and how to inspire people. So the promotion from position coach to head coach was reasonable, since head coaches just need to know how to manage and assemble a staff and inspire people.

I'm not sure we have much in the way of evidence that he'd be good as a DC.

Damn, I'm agreeing with you alot tonight. He's a great DL coach but I have no idea how he'd do as DC. I would think he'd do well but his HC gig sure went crap.

gbgary
01-10-2009, 09:31 PM
i just saw that jason garrett is a finalist in detroit and denver. he'd better use detroit as a bargaining chip only and take the denver job. they have a good qb in place and don't have as far to go as detroit.

denverYooper
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
i just saw that jason garrett is a finalist in detroit and denver. he'd better use detroit as a bargaining chip only and take the denver job. they have a good qb in place and don't have as far to go as detroit.

Denver just brought Josh McDaniel back for a 2nd interview. Sounds like Bronc's brass likes him quite a bit.