PDA

View Full Version : Bird-Birds

KYPack
01-10-2009, 11:06 PM
If the Eagles win tommorrow, The NFC Championship game is in Zona. Cardinals won the West & Philly is a card.

That would set up the most bizarre (& possibly weakest) CG in NFL history.

The Bird vs Bird match for it all.

Who in the hell would have guessed that one?

channtheman
01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
If the Eagles win tommorrow, The NFC Chanpionship game is in Zona. They won the West & Philly is a card.

I have no clue who would have ever guessed this at the start of the season for the NFC championship and I want the Eagles to win for 2 reasons. One I don't think the Cardinals have a very good chance going to New York and beating the Giants and two, I want to go the championship game since we've already got the tickets. It would be a shame for our tickets to go to waste!

mission
01-11-2009, 12:28 AM
to answer your question mr. ky ...

NOT A FKN SOUL!!!!

wow.... im rooting beagles and chargers tomorrow, lets go!

KYPack
01-11-2009, 07:35 AM
I'll tell ya, Mission.

It still seems impossible, even after a night's sleep!

Fred's Slacks
01-11-2009, 07:44 AM
If the Eagles win tommorrow, The NFC Chanpionship game is in Zona. They won the West & Philly is a card.

You know what might be even more strange?

If the Chargers win today. They will host the AFC title game...AND THEY'RE 8-8!!!!!

That would have to be the first time an 8-8 team has hosted a Conference championship.

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm rooting for the Cards.

Why? I don't know. Kurt Warner and their underdog status, I guess.

When was their last championship? 1947?

Oh, one more reason, Nathan Poole's TD against the Vikes that put us in the playoffs a few years back.

denverYooper
01-11-2009, 10:14 AM
If the Eagles win tommorrow, The NFC Championship game is in Zona. Cardinals won the West & Philly is a card.

I never would've figured the Cards would come alive like they have.

If the Eagles win and the Ravens continue to roll, it could be bird-bird in the NFCCG and bird-bird in the SB.

It's a good year for birds...

chain_gang
01-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Damn what a game by DRC, I really wanted green bay to trade up to get him, but alas we can't go for impact. DRC in his last 9 games 6Ints and 1 blocked fg. Now that's an impact rookie. He was assigned to Smith most of the game and shut him down completely, not a small task at all. I can't wait to see him develop more the next few seasons. He may be the best DB in the league in a few seasons. DRC FOR D-MVP!!!! Nice ring to it. As you can tell I have and have had a serious man crush on the guy. I wouldn't mind seeing an Eagles vs. Cards game, two teams that everyone counted out.

KYPack
01-11-2009, 03:15 PM

I never would've figured the Cards would come alive like they have.

If the Eagles win and the Ravens continue to roll, it could be bird-bird in the NFCCG and bird-bird in the SB.

It's a good year for birds...

Well, it's definintely a Bird Bird NFCCG.

This is also an alltime series tie breaker.

54 wins for Philly Cream Cheese, 54 wins for Arizona/Phoenix/St. Louis/Chicago/Racine Street (the teams first NFL name), and five ties.

And it dern well could be a Bird Bird SB!?! NFC Bird vs Ravens

The Bird Bath Bowl mebbe?

channtheman
01-11-2009, 03:24 PM
WOOOO! I'm going to the championship game baby!

Badgerinmaine
01-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm rooting for the Cards.

Why? I don't know. Kurt Warner and their underdog status, I guess.

When was their last championship? 1947?

Yes, it was--back when they were the Chicago Cardinals and played at Comiskey Park. They never won ANY playoff games the entire time they were in St. Louis (I believe that was 34 years), not counting their "Playoff Bowl" victory over the Packers. I had a soft spot for them back when they were in St. Louis and still like them. I hope they beat Philly but I'll be rooting for the NFC champ in the Super Bowl regardless of which of these two wins. The only team left I dislike is the Ravens.

Bretsky
01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
I have to cheer for Andy Reid to Win a Super Bowl; he's always been one of my favorites

Ron Wolf should have named Andy Reid to follow Holmgren instead of Ray Rhodes

Who knows what would have happened had he done so :!:

Harlan Huckleby
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
wow, so close to an all-avian championship weekend. if we just use the Pittsburg hockey team nickname, we got cardinals-eagles-ravens-penguins.

Guess it can never really happen, now that the Seahawks are in the NFC. The Falcolns are no help.

Maybe we can hope for a Bengals-Jaguars Lions-Panthers final four. But that means the Lions will someday have to make the playoffs.

Kiwon
01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I have to cheer for Andy Reid to Win a Super Bowl; he's always been one of my favorites

Ron Wolf should have named Andy Reid to follow Holmgren instead of Ray Rhodes

Who knows what would have happened had he done so :!:

Ron Wolf whiffed on that one, for sure.

Andy Reid though isn't going to be around to enjoy much of anything if he doesn't stop eating. What's his BMI - 78?

He gets bigger year by year.

Freak Out
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Are the Eagles favorites now? I have to say I'm a little surprised...I'd say even or maybe give the Cards -2.