PDA

View Full Version : The once proud Republican Party

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Statements from historical Republicans ...
>> "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal" - Abraham Lincoln

>> "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt
>>
>>
>> "There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence and energy of her citizens cannot cure." - Dwight D Eisenhower
>>
>>
>> "A people free to choose will always choose peace. ." -Ronald Reagen
>>
>>
************************************************** ******************************
>>
>> And for today"s (hysterical?)Republicans ...
>>
>>
>>
>> ""I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran
for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if
the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't
have had all these problems over all these years, either," - Trent Lott

>>
>> "But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime,
you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort
every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go
down"- Bill Bennett
>>
>> "Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings."- Sarah Palin
>>
>> "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he -- he dove for the floor."- Mike Huckabee
>>
>> ""I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."- Mitt Romney
>>
>> "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else.... It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States." --Sen. Rick Santorum
>>
>> "Congressman Hoekstra and I are here today to say that we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons.” –Sen. Rick Santorum
>>
>> "This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is. - George Allen
>>
>>
>> Maf54: "well I have aa totally stiff wood now"- Mark Foley

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
You've got to be kidding.

http://blog.lefigaro.fr/electionsus08/obama%20et%20rev%20jeremiah%20wright%20ap-thumb-300x382.jpg

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 05:33 PM
When did Rev Wright become an elected official of the Democratic party?

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
More Nobama fun with his mentor of over 20 years.

http://www.israpundit.com/2008/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/obama_wright_series.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
01-11-2009, 05:40 PM

The same day John Hagee became one for the Republicans. :roll:

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 05:48 PM

No, he's more influential than that.

He's the 20-year MENTOR, the father-figure Nobama never had, to the defacto head of the Democratic Party and the leader of the most powerful nation on earth.

Your quotes are out of context (and you know it). Nobama CHOSE this man to guide him in life.

(BTW, there are plenty of in-context quotes to rag Republicans on. There is no reason to be MoveOn.orgish about it.)

Tyrone Bigguns
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Kiwon,

The election if over. Get over yourself.

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Kiwon,

The election IS over, goof.

Sorry, I don't go for the out of context quotes.

Good job on electing the biggest phony ever, though, supported by the worst bunch of historical revisionist liars, the Democrats in Congress.

The guy's not in office yet and his party has already succeeded in destroying the economy. Just can't wait till he brings "fairness" to the country.

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm simply countering Sheep's lowjab at the Democrats.

Maf54 (7:47:11 PM): good so your getting horny

Xxxxxxxxx (7:47:29 PM): lol...a bit

Maf54 (7:48:00 PM): did you spank it this weekend yourself

Xxxxxxxxx (7:48:04 PM): no

Xxxxxxxxx (7:48:16 PM): been too tired and too busy

Maf54 (7:48:33 PM): wow...

Maf54 (7:48:34 PM): i am never to busy haha

Is this in context enough for you?

Harlan Huckleby
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Republicans were once proud? I suppose there was Lincoln, he was OK.

Freak Out
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Good job on electing the biggest phony ever, though, supported by the worst bunch of historical revisionist liars, the Democrats in Congress.

We did that in 2000 and 2004. We'll give this phony a chance now.

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm simply countering Sheep's lowjab at the Democrats.

Maf54 (7:47:11 PM): good so your getting horny

Xxxxxxxxx (7:47:29 PM): lol...a bit

Maf54 (7:48:00 PM): did you spank it this weekend yourself

Xxxxxxxxx (7:48:04 PM): no

Xxxxxxxxx (7:48:16 PM): been too tired and too busy

Maf54 (7:48:33 PM): wow...

Maf54 (7:48:34 PM): i am never to busy haha

Is this in context enough for you?

You do know that Foley was legally cleared of wrongdoing, don't you? But the perv deserved to kicked out of Congress.

What do you think you'll find if you checked Barney Frank's email and cell phone? I'm all for ditching that pathological lying loser as well.

Hey, rag on the Republicans all you want. I'll even help you. Just do it honestly.

President Bush and mainstream Republicans have failed miserably in recent years. It's unforgiveable what they've allowed the Democrats to do to the economy.

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM

We did that in 2000 and 2004. We'll give this phony a chance now.

At least, G.W. Bush served as a governor of a major state.

Obama's 173 working days in the Senate and two years campaigning for President really don't add up to much.

But it's liberal guilt and skin color over substance and content of character these days. Sorry, Martin, your dream isn't reality yet.

bobblehead
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
I didn't read sheepshead's thread, but you have at least 1 quote taken ridiculously out of context and one I have never had a problem with (Lott). NOW....if you want to read minds and play 6 degrees to rascism I could take any quote in the world and make an absolutely absurd extension.

BTW, wonder how old Harry Reid is liking having that game played on him.

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Care to show me the out of context quote?

swede
01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Statements from historical Republicans ...
>> "Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal" - Abraham Lincoln

>> "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." - Theodore Roosevelt
>>
>>
>> "There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence and energy of her citizens cannot cure." - Dwight D Eisenhower
>>
>>
>> "A people free to choose will always choose peace. ." -Ronald Reagen
>>
>>
************************************************** ******************************
>>
>> And for today"s (hysterical?)Republicans ...
>>
>>
>>
>> ""I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran
for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if
the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't
have had all these problems over all these years, either," - Trent Lott

>>
>> "But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime,
you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort
every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go
down"- Bill Bennett
>>
>> "Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings."- Sarah Palin
>>
>> "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he -- he dove for the floor."- Mike Huckabee
>>
>> ""I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."- Mitt Romney
>>
>> "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else.... It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States." --Sen. Rick Santorum
>>
>> "Congressman Hoekstra and I are here today to say that we have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons.” –Sen. Rick Santorum
>>
>> "This fellow here, over here with the yellow shirt, macaca, or whatever his name is. - George Allen
>>
>>
>> Maf54: "well I have aa totally stiff wood now"- Mark Foley

What an intelligent post from the party of Blagovich.

BallHawk
01-11-2009, 10:24 PM

What an intelligent post from the party of Dan White. :bs:

Kiwon
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM

What an intelligent post from the party of Dan White. :bs:

Burning a candle for Harvey Milk?

Where's your humanity? Dan White was a victim. He had a disease. Evolution played a cruel trick upon him. He was not responsible for his actions. It was the Twinkies.

The Twinkie Defense

The expression derives from the 1979 trial of Dan White, a former San Francisco, California (U.S.) Supervisor who assassinated Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, on November 27, 1978. At the trial, noted psychiatrist Martin Blinder testified that White had been depressed at the time of the crime, and pointed to several factors indicating White's depression: he had quit his job; he shunned his wife; and although normally clean-cut, he had become slovenly in appearance.

Furthermore, White had previously been a fitness fanatic and health food advocate, but had begun consuming junk food and sugar-laden soft drinks like Coca-Cola. As an incidental note, Blinder mentioned theories that elements of diet could worsen existing mood swings. Another psychiatrist, George Solomon, testified that White had "exploded" and was "sort of on automatic pilot" at the time of the killings.

The fact that White had killed Moscone and Milk was not challenged, but — in part because of the testimony from Blinder and other psychiatrists — the defense successfully persuaded the jury that White's capacity for rational thought had been diminished; the jurors found White incapable of the premeditation required for a murder conviction, and instead convicted him of voluntary manslaughter.

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah except my list was presidents, presidential candidates and the speaker of the house. Mark Foley?? give me a break

bobblehead
01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Care to show me the out of context quote?

When a caller suggested that legal abortions had depleted the tax base for Social Security, Bennett counseled against such utilitarian arguments. "I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could—if that were your sole purpose—you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down," Bennett volunteered. "That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So, these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky."

Thats a little more in context, but don't let intellectual honesty get in the way of good copy. I would argue he was stupid for not knowing that using such a polarizing statement would be taken out of context...but he was saying exactly the opposite of what you and others tried to make it sound like he was saying. I'll just end with this.

And the prostitute is Ramiele Malubay. Looks like somebody you'd find in the Red Light District of Bangkok.

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Kiwon,

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh that's right. We're supposed to behave like the left has during the last 8 years? Give me just a little break here.

BallHawk
01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
And the prostitute is Ramiele Malubay. Looks like somebody you'd find in the Red Light District of Bangkok.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was an elected official of the Democratic party.

Really had to dig that up, didn't you?

I guess my aspirations to run for public office are pretty sabotaged now.....

bobblehead
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize I was an elected official of the Democratic party.

Really had to dig that up, didn't you?

I guess my aspirations to run for public office are pretty sabotaged now.....

My point was "out of context".

BallHawk
01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't see how it's out of context. I made a joke about Thai prostitutes. Sure it could be distasteful, but oh well.

I'll admit I may have one or two of the quotes of context, but most of those quotes are what they appear to be.

And I didn't even use Nixon....

Tyrone Bigguns
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Kiwon,

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh that's right. We're supposed to behave like the left has during the last 8 years? Give me just a little break here.

Ok. So, you are going to apologize to the left for criticizing them for what you now deem is ok for yourself?

Or, will you just acknowledge that you are a hypocrite?

swede
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Kiwon,

Ok. So, you are going to apologize to the left for criticizing them for what you now deem is ok for yourself?

Or, will you just acknowledge that you are a hypocrite?

Actually, I've given this a lot of thought.

On the one hand, we conservatives could be just as childish and selfish as liberal buffoons and their pet monkeys in the mainstream media have been for eight years, deliberately undercutting the administration at every turn and sacrificing American interests in exchange for cheap power grabs.

On the other hand, we could do our best to act better, live better, and be better than our liberal brethren have been in the hopes that our support might make the difference in helping a young, inexperienced President be successful.

I've decided to be childish.

Kiwon
01-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I've decided to be childish.

Heck, yeah! Screw you, Tyroneous Smallus!

"Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in hell!"