PDA

View Full Version : Give me Andy Reid over Mike Holmgren

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
any day of the week. I have never been a big Holmy fan, I think Andy will go down in history as a much better coach. Mike seems to be a better family man and for that he has my respect.

By the way, I think we saw some great coaching jobs over the weekend and that was the difference on our team this year. Not the General Manager.

bobblehead
01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
any day of the week. I have never been a big Holmy fan, I think Andy will go down in history as a much better coach. Mike seems to be a better family man and for that he has my respect.

By the way, I think we saw some great coaching jobs over the weekend and that was the difference on our team this year. Not the General Manager.

Both great coaches, but my watermark is often who does it with more than one team...Holmy has, Reid hasn't. Reid is also trying to equal Holmy with a 2nd superbowl appearance, and has yet to win one. He has also had a very good QB in McNabb this entire time (though probably overrated).

Who is better...I'll take Mike, but not by a lot.

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Im not a Holmgren fan for a number of reasons and Ol Andy has done a hell of a job this year. I'm pullin' for him.

Brando19
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
You do know Holmgren retired and his team isn't in the playoffs, don't you? What's the reason for this thread again?

sheepshead
01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
You do know Holmgren retired and his team isn't in the playoffs, don't you? What's the reason for this thread again?

hmmmm...huh...what?

GrnBay007
01-13-2009, 12:22 AM
What's the reason for this thread again?

Probably just an opinion. All are welcome I would hope. :D

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Not much of a football fan huh?

LEWCWA
01-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Holmy has been to 3 superbowls.

sepporepi
01-13-2009, 10:50 AM

And lost two...

MacCool606
01-13-2009, 11:02 AM
I always thought Holmgren was better when he was young and hungry. Once he tasted success, he became more ego. So, I would take a younger Holmgren over Reid. Compared right now, I would take Reid.

denverYooper
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I always thought Holmgren was better when he was young and hungry. Once he tasted success, he became more ego. So, I would take a younger Holmgren over Reid. Compared right now, I would take Reid.

Neither of those guys look particularly hungry :).

cpk1994
01-13-2009, 11:37 AM

And lost two...But Holmy has a ring as HC. Reid doesn't.

MacCool606
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Holmy should have had 2 - he let his want for the Seattle job get in the way of preparation for the 2nd.

Fritz
01-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Sigh. Denver just went through the GB defense like it was butter on a summer's day.

I hate that.

hurleyfan
01-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Holmy should have had 2 - he let his want for the Seattle job get in the way of preparation for the 2nd.

He let his ego get in the way!

The Packers were running & passing with great success in the first half, and Holmy pretty much abandoned the run in the 2nd half.. IMO

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 02:29 PM
He squandered a rare opportunity because he had Paul Allens dollar signs in his eyes. Allen saw that game and we were stuck with him for another year. That and they way he left, taking people on the way out, I lost all respect for the guy. Reid has done a hell of a coaching job this year. I hope he goes all the way.

Brando19
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM

Yeah, true...but sheepshead are not. He makes fun of others' posts on a regular basis...and I have to admit...this is a fucking stupid post by him.

sheepshead
01-13-2009, 05:09 PM

Yeah, true...but sheepshead are not. He makes fun of others' posts on a regular basis...and I have to admit...this is a fucking stupid post by him.

Hey dickless, I just call em as I see em. This is very relevant. Reids a former Packer. He's in the NFC championship game and no one, I mean no one picked him to be there. Mike Holmgren just retired. My point is, give me a guy like Reid that advances a team that isnt very good on paper over a guy that has to have all-pros at every position to win. It gives me a chance to give Reid a shout out and ol Mike gets bashed which I dont apologize for. If you have some personal issue with me and my criticisms of lame posts, then pvt me, I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Otherwise you look like a pouting little kid. Don't you have homework to do?

Brando19
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Hey dickless, I just call em as I see em. This is very relevant. Reids a former Packer. He's in the NFC championship game and no one, I mean no one picked him to be there. Mike Holmgren just retired. My point is, give me a guy like Reid that advances a team that isnt very good on paper over a guy that has to have all-pros at every position to win. It gives me a chance to give Reid a shout out and ol Mike gets bashed which I dont apologize for. If you have some personal issue with me and my criticisms of lame posts, then pvt me, I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Otherwise you look like a pouting little kid. Don't you have homework to do?

I have pvt you...you act like a moron then as well. Yes, I do have homework...it's finding out how one man calls another dickless is considered mature. You're post may be relevant...but you're irrelevant period.

Bretsky
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Bring Back Wolf and Holmgren :lol:

Iron Mike
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Sigh. Denver just went through the GB defense like it was butter on a summer's day.

I hate that.

Cheating on the salary cap will allow you that option.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Do you just make it up as you go along.

Eagles arent' very good? LOL

Not very good on paper? LOL

Reid has a ton of talent: McNabb, Westbrook, Dawkins, Samuel, Desean, Runyan, Andrews, Curtis, Bunkley, Patton, Mikell, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard.

And, Reid has Johnson.

Partial
01-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I disagree that they have a ton of talent. McNabb is hit or miss. He has great days and bad days. I should know I'm a big fan of his.

Westbrook is really good. Bunkley is playing really good. Samual is really good. Dawkins is slipping. Brown is a good corner. Sheppard doesn't even play anymore. He's their 4th corner.

They've got some talent, but its hard to argue they have a lot of it. They're playing really well and peaking at just the right time, like the Giants last year. It just goes to show that timing is often more of a factor than talent.

sheepshead
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I disagree that they have a ton of talent. McNabb is hit or miss. He has great days and bad days. I should know I'm a big fan of his.

Westbrook is really good. Bunkley is playing really good. Samual is really good. Dawkins is slipping. Brown is a good corner. Sheppard doesn't even play anymore. He's their 4th corner.

They've got some talent, but its hard to argue they have a lot of it. They're playing really well and peaking at just the right time, like the Giants last year. It just goes to show that timing is often more of a factor than talent.

He just likes to spout off. Half these guys are already on the hall of fame ballot.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM

McNabb is close to being a HOF. Westbrook is a pereniall pro bowl player.

Their line is good..runyan, shelton, andrews.

Dawkins maybe slipping..but he is HOF and still whacks people. Samuel is good. Mikell is 2nd team all pro. Sheppard...exactly...and fyi..he is the third corner.

Desean Jackson is a dynamic player. Kevin Curtis is a good WR. Reggie Brown

Their LBs are average.

You keep touting the Packers as having good talent yet i see as much on their squad.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM

He just likes to spout off. Half these guys are already on the hall of fame ballot.

That would be you. Making half assed claims that have no factual reality.

MadtownPacker
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM

This is a good subject IMO. Reid could have been Holmgrens replacement and who knows how history would be rewritten. At this point no SB ring means Holmgren is clearly better. Even if Reid was to win one he would be 1-2 in SB and Holmgren would be 1-3. Getting there has to count a little.

But maybe you will think about how you are towards other posters when they make threads. Maybe you wont be such an ass the way you feel Brando is being to you.

Guiness
01-15-2009, 01:48 AM

I agreed with the rest of your post, but damn....

Tyrone Bigguns
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM

I agreed with the rest of your post, but damn....

You dont' think KC is good? I didnt' say excellent.

His numbers suggest a good receiver. 3rd round pick.

I toss out rookie years for every player unless they are studs. Most players aren't really good as rookies and WR is a hard position to play as a rookie.

2nd year: 32 receptions for 421 yards.
3rd year: 60 for 800 yards..9 games started.
4th year: 40 for 479.
5th year (philly): 77 for 1100...16 games started
6th year: 33 for 390...only played in 9 games due to injury.

If a player is catching tween 40-60 passes and averaging 12-14 yards...they are a good receiver.