PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Question/Rant...

packers11
01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I've had my Ipod Nano (3G) for two years now... Yesterday I was at the gym and a 90 lb dumbbell landed right on the I-pod... I didn't realize it slipped off my lap as I was doing free weight shoulder press and it got smashed...

Is there anyway I can get it replaced or do I have to buy a whole new one? Is there any place that fixes this type of stuff? (No I don't have any warranty)

The only reason it was on my lap was because I had no pockets and my piece of shit arm band broke because it wasn't meant for "my type of arm (to big?)" according to best buy...

I am truly disgusted... 150$ right down the drain while trying to do something productive... :(

Partial
01-13-2009, 01:06 AM
probably not fixable.

SkinBasket
01-13-2009, 07:20 AM
You're screwed. Even if you had a warranty, accidental damage caused by improper use of weights usually isn't covered. If it was just a cracked screen maybe you could get it fixed somewhere, but I doubt someone's going to be able to fix a a smashed one for less than a new one would cost.

mraynrand
01-13-2009, 07:41 AM
You can get a coupon for a new one from Obama.

Zool
01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
You're screwed. Even if you had a warranty, accidental damage caused by improper use of weights usually isn't covered. If it was just a cracked screen maybe you could get it fixed somewhere, but I doubt someone's going to be able to fix a a smashed one for less than a new one would cost.

Incorrect. I dropped my first Nano in the toilet. I called up and the guy on the phone suggested I purchase a year subscription to Applecare for $50. That covered an entire replacement including shipping.

Call Apple and find out.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Really? Have all the ones from the Bush been exhausted?

red
01-13-2009, 06:19 PM
you can't really be upset with apple because you dropped a 90 pound weight on it

thats your fault, sorry, but its true

sucks your out that money, but you can't be upset at apple and expect them to replace it

if you dropped a a weight on your toe would you be mad at god for putting it there?

i would, but would you?

mraynrand
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM

Bush, Obama - does it really make any difference? Now stop bothering me. I've decided to print my own coupons along with $20 bills to help stimulate the economy using Keynsian stratagems.

HowardRoark
01-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Bush, Obama - does it really make any difference? Now stop bothering me. I've decided to print my own coupons along with $20 bills to help stimulate the economy using Keynsian stratagems.

I just take stuff and tell em Tex said it would be OK. If they give me any shit, I call them a class warfare pro-wealthy rhetoricist.

Joemailman
01-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Sue the gym owner for making those dumbbells so darn heavy.

packers11
01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Sue the gym owner for making those dumbbells so darn heavy.

:lol: