PDA

View Full Version : Report: Cowboys considering releasing Owens

packers11
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post reports that the Cowboys are having "serious internal discussions" about releasing Terrell Owens.

"Serious discussions," Lombardi stresses. This coincides with last week's report by Ed Werder, who cited a supposed decline by 35-year-old T.O. But there simply has been none. Owens got stronger during the season's second half, averaging 18.9 YPC with five scores in the last eight games. Jan. 14 - 4:47 pm et

Source: National Football Post

Rastak
01-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I wonder which moron in the league would even consider signing this guy.

MTPackerfan
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
The Raiders would jump all over that.

Partial
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM

I'd take him in a heart beat. He is a cancer after a year or two in each place, but he has been an ideal citizen the first year typically to silence doubters.

I'm all about his skills. He's the third best receiver in the league.

Freak Out
01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Would TO consider even playing in GB even for piles and piles of cash? Well maybe....he would truly be the center of attention then.

sheepshead
01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
TT would have to have the "Donald is our go to guy" talk with him, only this time it's Jennings, that would end the conversation I think.

Spaulding
01-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Never, never, never. Whether it takes one year, two years or even longer (which I highly doubt) - once you have cancer, you have cancer.

Plain and simple this punk is a mercenary out for glory and his name in the media - I'd take back all the good things I've said about TT if he ever even attempted to sign this bozo.

rbaloha1
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM

I'd take him in a heart beat. He is a cancer after a year or two in each place, but he has been an ideal citizen the first year typically to silence doubters.

I'm all about his skills. He's the third best receiver in the league.

Are you serious? The guy is a cancer. How many teams has he disrupted?
Skills are diminishing and disagree the #3 receiver in the league.

DonHutson
01-14-2009, 07:28 PM
I guess Roy Williams was such a force, they can consider a move like this.

:shock:

If they do it, here's my sleeper pick for T.O.'s next (and hopefully final) destination:

The New York Giants

They're too smart for that? Maybe. Or maybe they think losing Burress is the reason they fell apart down the stretch, and they don't have time to develop a new go-to guy. Maybe they think Owens can't be THAT much worse than Burress, and they won with him. Maybe Coughlin thinks he's bad-ass enough to get through to Owens.

You heard it here first. Have fun Eli!

channtheman
01-14-2009, 07:29 PM
TO appears to be a good teamate for 1 or 2 years but I'm sure that there is a lot of crap that goes on behind the scenes that pisses off his teamates. We just don't hear about all of it. He puts on a show for the media though with his "He's my QB" cry fest but he eventually destroys a team and who knows how much damage he really does before the team finally lets him go.

Joemailman
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
When they traded for Roy Williams, I suspected they might be setting the stage to get rid of Owens. But since Williams didn't produce, I wonder if they'll do it. If they release Owens and Williams doesn't rebound, they could have a gaping hole at WR.

gbgary
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
he's got terrible hands (i believe he led the league in drops), disappears if double-covered and hates bump-and-run coverage as he can't get away. takes several plays off per game. creates sideline chaos with his tandrums and other theatrics. conspires with other like-minded players to circumvent authority.

rbaloha1
01-14-2009, 08:55 PM
he's got terrible hands (i believe he led the league in drops), disappears if double-covered and hates bump-and-run coverage as he can't get away. takes several plays off per game. creates sideline chaos with his tandrums and other theatrics. conspires with other like-minded players to circumvent authority.

great analysis. the raiders could be the only team willing to chance it.

The Shadow
01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
no way, no how.

bobblehead
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM

I don't buy he takes plays off...he is a relentless player in practice and on the field. That being said, NO FUCKING WAY I want him in G&G.

As Don said, the Giants might be a fit...Plaxico doesn't like to practice or go to meetings, plus he is an ass. TO is only one of those things.

As for Partial and his #3 in the league....AJohnson, Fitzgerald, SSmith, and Calvin Johnson are all better at this point. That is off the top of my head. I would imagine you call Moss better too. I don't want a team wrecker and a coach killer on my team even if he is a top 5 talent.

gbgary
01-14-2009, 09:07 PM

I don't buy he takes plays off...he is a relentless player in practice and on the field. That being said, NO FUCKING WAY I want him in G&G.

As Don said, the Giants might be a fit...Plaxico doesn't like to practice or go to meetings, plus he is an ass. TO is only one of those things.

As for Partial and his #3 in the league....AJohnson, Fitzgerald, SSmith, and Calvin Johnson are all better at this point. That is off the top of my head. I would imagine you call Moss better too. I don't want a team wrecker and a coach killer on my team even if he is a top 5 talent.

maybe i should have said...takes plays off when not in the mood...which happens often.

you forgot our own greg jennings on your list of better wrs.

oh...for the record...i hope he stays in dallas with roy williams and coach phillips. they won't do anything next year either. :D

MadtownPacker
01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
To hell with it!

Bring in the circus. :lol: