PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford to stay in school...

packers11
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford and TE Jermaine Gresham announced at a press conference Wednesday that they will stay in school for 2009.

packers11
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
and the #9 pick gets a little worse... He sure would have went before #9, to bad because now another position will be taken before we get to pick...

Partial
01-14-2009, 05:02 PM
I think the TE might have been gone, and Bradford might have gone high as well based on position, but I don't think SBiddy is anywhere near one of the top 10 players in this draft.

I don't really like him at all. The TE looks like a stud though in the 3 games I saw them this year. He is like a gazelle.

red
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
these guys are idiots, why would 1st round picks decide to stay in school and risk injury?

Partial
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
these guys are idiots, why would 1st round picks decide to stay in school and risk injury?

They probably have insurance policies. Not saying its a good idea none-the-less, but I can understand. Besides, I bet Bradford is from a rich family. Most of these QBs imo are.

mngolf19
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Also, don't they realize that there are few QB's coming out this year and many next? You have a better shot at getting drafted high this year rather than jump in with 20 others next year.

SMACKTALKIE
01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Some Lions fans are pissed about this. Hope he does'nt end up another Katzenmoyer, he looks like a good pro prospect right now.

jmbarnes101
01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Well there goes one of the few players I really wanted. Gresham is going to be good. These players that are going back to school probably love the college life and feel like they have unfinished business. It's a different game when you get to the pros so hopefully they're just enjoying their time now. I also hope neither of them get hurt.

Didn't Leinart do this as well? I thought he was projected as the #1 pick but went back to college and then slipped in the draft until he caught with Arizona.

rbaloha1
01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
My guess is they want to win the national championship.

This increases the chance an unworthy #9 pick is available.

mission
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
im pretty sure the rookie salary cap is instituted next year too... not a smart choice for a projected #1 ... maybe he had some brady quinn/AR draft-drop fears.

Badgerinmaine
01-15-2009, 08:24 AM
He might have looked at it differently had they beaten Florida in the national championship game. Maybe he feels he has something to prove.

Ballboy
01-16-2009, 03:03 PM
im pretty sure the rookie salary cap is instituted next year too... not a smart choice for a projected #1 ... maybe he had some brady quinn/AR draft-drop fears.

This is the big thing, why would you stay in school when the Rookie Cap maybe here next year, just silly.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe he was afraid Detroit would draft him.

Lurker64
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
They probably have insurance policies.

They all have insurance policies in case they suffer career ending injuries, but the first round guys tend not to have insurance policies in case they suffer debilitating injuries. So if a QB tear apart his knee to the point where he won't play football again, the policy pays out, but if he mess up his shoulder in such a way that he can still play, but he just doesn''t have the arm strength he used to, so he slips quite a bit in the draft, and his career is short and unremarkable, the policy doesn't pay out.

No actuary will guarantee anything like "draft position" or "how much money you make off of contracts."

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe he was afraid Detroit would draft him.

This probably factored-in. Winning a national championship also probably factored-in. Passing up potentially $30 million guaranteed is mind boggling.

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 03:23 PM

This is the big thing, why would you stay in school when the Rookie Cap maybe here next year, just silly.

Goddell is on record saying no rookie salary cap of the 2010 season. Another legitimate reason Bradford probably decided to stay.