PDA

View Full Version : With Nolan and Williams gone...

packers11
01-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Who would you want to see here???

My choice... Sean McDermott

Can someone refresh me of the defenses William's coached... Was he apart of that Skins team that T.O. had 4 td's against??? I forget what kind of scheme he played in the 4-3... But now hes gone, but I needed a little memory refresher because I never really payed attention to the teams he coached...

retailguy
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I've said Moss from the beginning and I think that's where it goes. They're just waiting for him to be eliminated in the Rams HC search.

edit - Not saying he's "MY" choice, merely where I think it's going.

bobblehead
01-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I've said Moss from the beginning and I think that's where it goes. They're just waiting for him to be eliminated in the Rams HC search.

edit - Not saying he's "MY" choice, merely where I think it's going.

Yep, I was predicting Moss for continuity, and for continuity sake I'm still predicting Moss.

Fritz
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Bobble, continuity is what MM was going for with Sanders. Continuity is still saying that it was a mistake to keep Rodgers over Favre this year.

Change your mind! Very few people look up what you actually said before. What the hell. Make yourself look like a guru. It's part of what's so fun about being a fan!

Harlan Huckleby
01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
IS Haslet really in the running? He certainly LOOKS like a DC.

Pack-man
01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I have wanted McDermott all along. But I have a bad feeling that its gonna be Moss.

pack4to84
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe we just offer Bob Sanders a pay raise to come back

Guiness
01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Who knows if Haslet's in the running. Certainly not the reporters writing this sort of crap. Did Nolan or Williams say they wanted nothing to do with GB? (i.e. the stiff arm comment)?

btw I'm up for the Guiness! (go figure)

TheCheese
01-15-2009, 03:42 PM

I wouldn't mind Haslet one bit. All the players who have worked under him have liked him and he does run complicated defensive schemes that can be called anything but Vanilla.

That being said, he hasn't over seen a very good defense as head coach or DC (rams) since the 90s. That being said, New Orleans nor the Rams have had much defensive talent to work with.

I would be very excited to see was Haslet would be able to do with the talent we have on defense.

Waldo
01-15-2009, 03:52 PM

I wouldn't mind Haslet one bit. All the players who have worked under him have liked him and he does run complicated defensive schemes that can be called anything but Vanilla.

That being said, he hasn't over seen a very good defense as head coach or DC (rams) since the 90s. That being said, New Orleans nor the Rams have had much defensive talent to work with.

I would be very excited to see was Haslet would be able to do with the talent we have on defense.

Wasn't Haslett the one that had the good sense to send Joe Johnson our way?

Brando19
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm for Haslet or McDermott.

Haslet would make our defense very agressive.....it would be fun to see some blitzes once in a while.

McDermott would be the best fit...the Eagles defense has got them to the NFC Championship game...their secondary is unbelievable....couldn't go wrong with him, IMO.

I don't know about Moss...I think he has his eyes on the Raiders.

Fritz
01-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I hope Leslie Frazier keeps his job in Minny so that the Pack has a shot at McDermott, if the Iggles let him go.

I do wonder if MM is simply waiting for Oakland to "just say no" to Moss to MM can hire him as DC. After all of this waiting and smoke, it'd somehow be a disappointment, in part because it would support Patler's contention that MM does not seem to hire effective assistants on the defensive side of the ball - that he tends to hire who he knows (Sanders excepted).

Bretsky
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
seeing our special teams sucked last year and our defense sucked last year I say we hire from within for both spots

Fritz
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Go Bretsky! Let's hire Moss and promote the assistant weight guy to the head weight guy job.

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
If the Eagles lose, the guy certainly deserves an interview.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM

If the Eagles win, since it's two weeks to the SB, could the Pack interview McDermott the first week after the win in the NFC championship game?

Not sure what the rules are.

I wonder too if MM or TT has already contacted the Iggles for permission to speak with McDermott.

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM

If the Eagles win, since it's two weeks to the SB, could the Pack interview McDermott the first week after the win in the NFC championship game?

I wonder too if MM or TT has already contacted the Iggles for permission to speak with McDermott.

The problem is the competition for McDermott is too great. Too risky given the Senior Bowl and combine.

bigcoz75
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM

I wonder too if MM or TT has already contacted the Iggles for permission to speak with McDermott.From everything I've heard the packers will be able to interview McDermott win or lose providing Reid gives permission.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 12:02 PM

The problem is the competition for McDermott is too great. Too risky given the Senior Bowl and combine.

Teams looking for a DC:

Baltimore, if Ryan gets the Jets job.

The Jets.

The Lions.

The Titans.

The Rams.

The Raiders

Who else?