PDA

View Full Version : Some Inconvienent Truths for Liberals.

sheepshead
01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
1) We will not leave Iraq until the place is secure. That will be the same objective that the Bush and McCain administrations had.
2) Gitmo will not close. Sure, there will be an executive order. It wont be executed. Not for years.
3) There will be little or no change to the Patriot act.
4) Nationalized medicine? Yeah right.
5) Bush has increased troops in Afghanistan, Obama will send more and take full credit for the results.
6) Fox news will further distance itself from the other cable news channels.

Zool
01-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Also inconvienent

17 foot high gas pumps
All streets will now be dead ends
Channels on all cable networks are to be reorganized on a twice weekly basis
English will be replaced with Chinese as the national language on Thursdays

texaspackerbacker
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
1) We will not leave Iraq until the place is secure. That will be the same objective that the Bush and McCain administrations had.
2) Gitmo will not close. Sure, there will be an executive order. It wont be executed. Not for years.
5) Bush has increased troops in Afghanistan, Obama will send more and take full credit for the results.

What's your source on this, Sheepshead? Or is it out of your head?

This optimistic prediction of Obama policies sounds good, but is hard to believe.

BTW, I wonder when spell check is gonna recognize "Obama". It underlines it in read. It recognizes "gonna", but not "Obama".

sheepshead
01-16-2009, 02:58 PM

What's your source on this, Sheepshead? Or is it out of your head?

This optimistic prediction of Obama policies sounds good, but is hard to believe.

BTW, I wonder when spell check is gonna recognize "Obama". It underlines it in read. It recognizes "gonna", but not "Obama".

Predictions. Based on the reality he'll encounter once he takes office. Wiretapping knuckleheads has already been upheld this week and the liberals are beside themselves. It's never been too far off what the DEA has been able to do for years anyway.

Zool
01-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I gotta wonder if all Thursdays will be the same form of Chinese, or if we'll get different dialects in different weeks?

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Sorry editing...

packinpatland
01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
BTW, I wonder when spell check is gonna recognize "Obama". It underlines it in read. It recognizes "gonna", but not "Obama"

They still haven't recongized Favre :lol:

sheepshead
01-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

Bear (oops) with me here, because as this stuff comes out, I have a point to make.

mraynrand
01-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

Bare with me here, because as this stuff comes out, I have a point to make.

That's what she said...

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1560/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1560R-2050525.jpg

sheepshead
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Barack Obama is preparing to prohibit the use of waterboarding and harsh interrogation techniques by ordering the CIA to follow military rules for questioning prisoners, according to two U.S. officials familiar with drafts of the plans. Still under debate is whether to include a loophole that would allow exceptions in extraordinary cases.

The proposal Obama is considering would require all CIA interrogators to follow conduct outlined in the U.S. Army Field Manual, the officials said. The plans would also have the effect of shutting down secret "black site" prisons around the world where the CIA has questioned terror suspects — with all future interrogations taking place inside American military facilities.

However, Obama's changes may not be absolute. His advisers are considering adding a classified loophole to the rules that could allow the CIA to use some interrogation methods not specifically authorized by the Pentagon, the officials said, although the intent is not to use that as an opening for possible use of waterboarding.

I'll get to my point, but ol' Barry just keeps feeding me great stuff.

sheepshead
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorials/hc-krauthammer0120.artjan20,0,3915245.column

swede
01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Barack Obama is preparing to prohibit the use of waterboarding and harsh interrogation techniques by ordering the CIA to follow military rules for questioning prisoners, according to two U.S. officials familiar with drafts of the plans. Still under debate is whether to include a loophole that would allow exceptions in extraordinary cases.

The proposal Obama is considering would require all CIA interrogators to follow conduct outlined in the U.S. Army Field Manual, the officials said. The plans would also have the effect of shutting down secret "black site" prisons around the world where the CIA has questioned terror suspects — with all future interrogations taking place inside American military facilities.

However, Obama's changes may not be absolute. His advisers are considering adding a classified loophole to the rules that could allow the CIA to use some interrogation methods not specifically authorized by the Pentagon, the officials said, although the intent is not to use that as an opening for possible use of waterboarding.

I'll get to my point, but ol' Barry just keeps feeding me great stuff.

Remember the commercial that showed a young businessman in a meeting with his boss and a few other employees?

When asked for ideas on how to save money the young man gave his boss an excellent response which was greeted by stony, disapproving silence.

After a moment, the boss said, "I've got it! Let's..." and he stole the young man's idea, repeating it to a word. The other employees promptly applaud.

That's how it's going to be with Bush and Obama. Every policy of Bush's continued by Obama--and there will be many--will be fresh and new and daring and MSM will gush at the audacity and wisdom of the one. Never mind the fact that the policies were viewed as bad, failed or failing under Bush.

Waterboarding? If Obama says it's necessary it's necessary. Bush and Cheney did it for the fun of it apparently.

Listening in? If Obama does it it is to keep us safe. Bush and Cheny were doing it because they were deliberately invading the privacy of ordinary Americans.

sheepshead
01-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Another good point. I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday. He left DC for a few days when the circus came to town. He's a marine and with one of the large agencies there that keep us safe. He helps me with the nuances of the Patriot act and has seen waterboarding. He says while you get the feeling you are drowning, they sit you right up when you're done, you start chirping and then you get a turkey sandwich and coffee. No harm, no foul.

Opposition to warrentless wiretaps=bullshit
Opposition to waterboarding = bullshit

Mr. Obama has already seen the necessity. Probably after his first security briefing when he went...oh shit.

mraynrand
01-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Another good point. I was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday. He left DC for a few days when the circus came to town. He's a marine and with one of the large agencies there that keep us safe. He helps me with the nuances of the Patriot act and has seen waterboarding. He says while you get the feeling you are drowning, they sit you right up when you're done, you start chirping and then you get a turkey sandwich and coffee. No harm, no foul.

Opposition to warrentless wiretaps=bullshit
Opposition to waterboarding = bullshit

Mr. Obama has already seen the necessity. Probably after his first security briefing when he went...oh shit.

A bad turkey sandwich can be considered torture.

"I'll make a wish that can't backfire:I wish for a turkey sandwich on rye bread with lettuce and mustard AND I don't want any zombie turkey, I don't want to turn into a turkey myself and I don't any other weird surprises, you got it?...Mmm, not bad. Nice mustard, good bread, turkey's a little dry...the turkey's a little dry!! Oh you cursed thing! What demon from the depths of hell created thee??"

http://www.fantasykat.com/ch/Images/hil/homer1.jpg

sheepshead
01-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Hmmmmmm...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5575883.ece