sheepshead
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Holy Horse poop

bigcoz75
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Great, more coaching openings to compete with. :shock:

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Wonder how that affects some of the coaching hires going on right now.

Methinks Tampa goes with an offensive minded coach.

sheepshead
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Plus, Gruden gets on a few lists.

MTPackerfan
01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
maybe Tampa Bay has a good DC candidate we could hire? 8-)
No wonder MM was waiting, he probably knew. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-16-2009, 05:08 PM
So long chucky.

ND72
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM

they just fired an offensive minded coach...

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 05:09 PM
maybe Tampa Bay has a good DC candidate we could hire? 8-)
No wonder MM was waiting, he probably knew. :wink:

Monte Kiffin joined his son at Tennesse.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2009, 05:12 PM

they just fired an offensive minded coach...
No, he was just offensive. :lol:

mraynrand
01-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey, Gruden could coach the Raiders!

Fritz
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
That seems idiotic to me. The guy had most of his teams playing competetively and he got to the SB. I hear he's abrasive but I think he's a good coach.

Hmm...does Teddy pull a fast one and fire MM and hire Gruden? Not saying I think he should, but it would be interesting if he did.

oregonpackfan
01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
This is a big surprise to me. Rumor has it that Gruden's fate was decided when the Bucs lost to the Raiders which eliminated them from the playoffs.

red
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
i hope gruden takes the year off so we can hire him next year after we fire m3 and the rest of the staff that wasn't let go this year

in all honesty, he's the type of coach i would love to have. he has a set of balls and everyone knows it

m3 just has a nice set of boobs

Tyrone Bigguns
01-16-2009, 05:48 PM
That seems idiotic to me. The guy had most of his teams playing competetively and he got to the SB. I hear he's abrasive but I think he's a good coach.

Hmm...does Teddy pull a fast one and fire MM and hire Gruden? Not saying I think he should, but it would be interesting if he did.

He did well with the raiders, but didn't build the team. He took over.

Same thing in TB. He hasn't done jack since his SB win with Dungy and McKay's players.

MTPackerfan
01-16-2009, 05:52 PM
What position did he coach when he was here in the early 90's?

red
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
What position did he coach when he was here in the early 90's?

wr's

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Gruden to the Jets to appease BF?

Freak Out
01-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Looks like they fired the GM as well.

Badgerinmaine
01-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Holy mackerel...and they didn't even miss the playoffs by all that much this year. Wow. Then again, this is the team that fired Tony Dungy.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Same thing in TB. He hasn't done jack since his SB win with Dungy and McKay's players.

Well, we've got Teddy here to build the team. Gruden would just have to "coach 'em up."

Reminds me, a native Detroiter, of a move the Tigers pulled back in the 70's. They'd just hired a new guy, Les Moss, a career minor league coach, who managed the team for a couple of months, had a young, very young team, playing over .500 ball. But Sparky Anderson got fired from Cinci, and Detroit promptly fired Les Moss and hired Sparky.

Hmm. I do like MM, but this would be intriguing.

Bretsky
01-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Well, we've got Teddy here to build the team. Gruden would just have to "coach 'em up."

Reminds me, a native Detroiter, of a move the Tigers pulled back in the 70's. They'd just hired a new guy, Les Moss, a career minor league coach, who managed the team for a couple of months, had a young, very young team, playing over .500 ball. But Sparky Anderson got fired from Cinci, and Detroit promptly fired Les Moss and hired Sparky.

I'd take Chucky any day

Joemailman
01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I always thought he was overrated. Take away the Super Bowl he won with Dungy's team and he's barely a .500 coach. And he hasn't won a playoff game since the Super Bowl.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Bretsky, who's Chucky? Gruden? Does he look like that Chucky doll from the movies?

Rastak
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Bretsky, who's Chucky? Gruden? Does he look like that Chucky doll from the movies?

I can answer that....yes on both counts.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
So Ras, do you want the Vikings to fire Chilly and hire Gruden?

pbmax
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Fritz, you had to have heard that one before, even the TV guys use it. Plus every second sign in his stadium. :shock:

Not a fan of Chucky or Gruden. Mr. Pouty Face always seemed like a show off to me. Doesn't mean he can't coach, but the tough guy routine annoys me no end.

Rastak
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
So Ras, do you want the Vikings to fire Chilly and hire Gruden?

Nope. :cry:

edit:
oops, I thought you meant will they!

Do I want it? Hmmmm, not a big Gruden guy so maybe no. Les Frazier I wouldn't mind, or coach Shannanigan.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Fritz, you had to have heard that one before, even the TV guys use it. Plus every second sign in his stadium. :shock:

Not a fan of Chucky or Gruden. Mr. Pouty Face always seemed like a show off to me. Doesn't mean he can't coach, but the tough guy routine annoys me no end.

No, PB, I really haven't.

He reminds me of Billy Martin, the old baseball guy (Yanks shortstop way back when, then coach of many, many teams).

You hired Billy for the short term. He'd light a fire under everyone's asses. You were almost guaranteed short term success - the Tigers in '72, for example - but after two seasons, his act was old.

Joemailman
01-16-2009, 07:19 PM

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/daughterofolaf/GrudenVsChucky3.jpg

Merlin
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM
There was a rumor that the Jet's would seriously consider hiring Gruden if he became available. I see Gruden being the head coach on some team in 2009. I don't think it will be the Packers because McCarthy has one more season to prove his salt because I think his philosophy is sound, he just doesn't have the coaching staff to pull it off.

Brando19
01-16-2009, 07:23 PM

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/daughterofolaf/GrudenVsChucky3.jpg

"Hi! I'm Jon Gruden. Wanna play?"

LEWCWA
01-16-2009, 07:32 PM

Why does someone always have to comment whether the packers will go after any and all players and/or coaches. This is just not even in the realm of possibility! Why bother?

mraynrand
01-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Why does someone always have to comment whether the packers will go after any and all players and/or coaches. This is just not even in the realm of possibility! Why bother?\

We are fucking bored and out of the playoffs.

mraynrand
01-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I think I prefer Chucky over Stubby. Stubby is clearly a good offensive guy - at least good at developing QBs, but perhaps he's not really HC material. Maybe fire Stubby as coach, rehire him as OC under Gruden, and then they can fire him again next year if it doesn't work out. They've done it before.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Why does someone always have to comment whether the packers will go after any and all players and/or coaches. This is just not even in the realm of possibility! Why bother?

Just talk, Lew. Just talk.

gbgary
01-16-2009, 08:07 PM
i hope gruden takes the year off so we can hire him next year after we fire m3 and the rest of the staff that wasn't let go this year

i'm right there with ya on this one. :shock:

except for Edgar of course. :D

rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 08:08 PM
There was a rumor that the Jet's would seriously consider hiring Gruden if he became available. I see Gruden being the head coach on some team in 2009. I don't think it will be the Packers because McCarthy has one more season to prove his salt because I think his philosophy is sound, he just doesn't have the coaching staff to pull it off.

Again -- Gruden to the Jets to make Favre happy?

Bossman641
01-16-2009, 09:49 PM

I would hope the Jets aren't making their coaching decisions based on the wishes of a 39 year old QB who may or may not have 1 good year left. I do think it would make sense for the Jets to hire Gruden; but only because he's a good coach, not to appease Favre.

Rastak
01-16-2009, 09:56 PM

I would hope the Jets aren't making their coaching decisions based on the wishes of a 39 year old QB who may or may not have 1 good year left. I do think it would make sense for the Jets to hire Gruden; but only because he's a good coach, not to appease Favre.

What Bossman said.

channtheman
01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
I always thought he was overrated. Take away the Super Bowl he won with Dungy's team and he's barely a .500 coach. And he hasn't won a playoff game since the Super Bowl.

I would think a lot of coaches would rather be "overrated" and have a Super Bowl win then not be overrated and have never been there. :wink:

rbaloha1
01-17-2009, 02:06 AM

What Bossman said.

Jets need to sell seat licenses for new stadium. BF sells seat licenses as opposed to Kellen Clemens.

BF was not signed for the intention as one and done deal.

Cleft Crusty
01-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Jets need to sell seat licenses for new stadium. BF sells seat licenses as opposed to Kellen Clemens.

This is true. At this point in his career, Favre would be good at selling PSLs - or hot dogs, pretzels, or beer. What you don't want is to put him under center in December.

Fritz
01-17-2009, 08:26 AM

This is true. At this point in his career, Favre would be good at selling PSLs - or hot dogs, pretzels, or beer. What you don't want is to put him under center in December.

Does this apply if the center has a seat license, hot dog, or pretzel up his rear end?

GBRulz
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM

I'm with you on that one. Plus, the Packers are in dire need of eye candy these days :wink:

mraynrand
01-17-2009, 12:29 PM

I'm with you on that one. Plus, the Packers are in dire need of eye candy these days :wink:

Come on! Who could possibly be more attractive that Stubby?
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p2/20080406/19/2295919590.jpg
http://www.barplan.com/blog/home/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fire_ted_thompson_mike_mccarthy_packers_joke.jpg
http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2008/06/12/135402/McCarthyFarmall.jpg

cpk1994
01-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Come on! Who could possibly be more attractive that Stubby?
http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p2/20080406/19/2295919590.jpg
http://www.barplan.com/blog/home/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fire_ted_thompson_mike_mccarthy_packers_joke.jpg
http://www.prweb.com/prfiles/2008/06/12/135402/McCarthyFarmall.jpgAt least he isn't pear shaped.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-18-2009, 05:13 PM

I actually remember that.

Gruden: I'm not against firing MM, but for Gruden? No way.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 05:22 PM
YO TY

You going to finally give that Cardinals Defense Some Love

They were good enough to help get them to the Big Show :wink: :!:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-18-2009, 05:24 PM
YO TY

I give them some props. They are playing well...right now.

But, realistically, it was the iggle's d that sucked in the first half. Can't believe they couldn't put a hand on Warner. Also, how in the hell were they missing the jam on the line on their receivers. Fitz was running free. Ridiculous.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
YO TY

But, realistically, it was the iggle's d that sucked in the first half. Can't believe they couldn't put a hand on Warner. Also, how in the hell were they missing the jam on the line on their receivers. Fitz was running free. Ridiculous.

Terrible to not jam Fitz; the Cards D was OK in half one

But McNabb was off for parts of that game; he was just a bit off

Tyrone Bigguns
01-18-2009, 05:30 PM
YO TY

Agreed about Donovan. I think that was more of a factor in the first half than the Card's D. You cannot get in the red zone and come away with field goals..or missed field goals.

This presents a scenario where this could be one of the biggest blowouts in SB history.

I'm sorry, but i just don't buy into Warner. The steelers/ravens could kill them.

Guiness
01-18-2009, 05:53 PM

Agreed about Donovan. I think that was more of a factor in the first half than the Card's D. You cannot get in the red zone and come away with field goals..or missed field goals.

This presents a scenario where this could be one of the biggest blowouts in SB history.

I'm sorry, but i just don't buy into Warner. The steelers/ravens could kill them.

Agreed, but the Iggies D played lights out the last two weeks.

What happened? And I'm not so keen on laying money it won't happen again in 2 wks.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-18-2009, 05:54 PM

What happened? And I'm not so keen on laying money it won't happen again in 2 wks.

I'll take the bet.

Iggles: Poor execution...and their LBs didnt' play well. Their LBs are really the weakness of their d.

Guiness
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM

I'll take the bet.

Iggles: Poor execution...and their LBs didnt' play well. Their LBs are really the weakness of their d.

I thought they were playing over their heads the past two weeks, and would've expected it to come crashing down, but last year is still fresh in my mind.

Guiness
01-18-2009, 10:31 PM
On Chucky - I have no opinion. And ya, he hasn't exactly amazed in TB since his SB run.

You have to give it to him for getting his team to the SB, but you have to think that Raiders did a collective 'oh shit' when they saw he was going to be there. No question in my mind that he was in the Raider's kitchen rattling around the pots and pans.