rbaloha1
01-16-2009, 06:16 PM
dallas just fired their d-cord

looks like we got some more competition

with very deep pockets

MM and TT better move quicker.

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM
But what if you've targeted your guy, and he's still coaching in the playoffs? you can't move quicker.

Bretsky
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM

with very deep pockets

Yuck; another spot to choose over GB

pbmax
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
No, no Bretsky and Fritz, this is all a part of my master plan to force Wade Phillips to resign/be terminated and be named the D coordinator in Green Bay. I just need a little more time, Jerry is a little more manic than usual, but he's building up to it.

-TO

Getcha popcorn ready

Fritz
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM

with very deep pockets

Don't go all bitter on us, Bretsky.

Have some faith, dude. One fine day - maybe next year, or the year after - I'm going to fly to Milwaukee, drive a rental car up to Green Bay, and sit next to you for a playoff game. Okay?

Brando19
01-16-2009, 06:29 PM
No, no Bretsky and Fritz, this is all a part of my master plan to force Wade Phillips to resign/be terminated and be named the D coordinator in Green Bay. I just need a little more time, Jerry is a little more manic than usual, but he's building up to it.

-TO

Getcha popcorn ready

That would be a dream come true.

Waldo
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM

-TO

Getcha popcorn ready

Jerry's not going to fire Wade until Gruden is on board. I would wager money that it is coming, especially since Jerry just found out that his OC and HC in waiting is on his way to be head coach of the Rams.

Bretsky
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM

with very deep pockets

Don't go all bitter on us, Bretsky.

Have some faith, dude. One fine day - maybe next year, or the year after - I'm going to fly to Milwaukee, drive a rental car up to Green Bay, and sit next to you for a playoff game. Okay?

OK; I'm there

And we can go to the Oval Office after the game :!:

Bretsky
01-16-2009, 06:34 PM

-TO

Getcha popcorn ready

Jerry's not going to fire Wade until Gruden is on board. I would wager money that it is coming, especially since Jerry just found out that his OC and HC in waiting is on his way to be head coach of the Rams.

I could see JJ going after Shannahan or Gruden

Waldo
01-16-2009, 06:37 PM

-TO

Getcha popcorn ready

I could see JJ going after Shannahan or Gruden

Tampa wouldn't fire Gruden and the GM (Allen, who had no connection to John, Bruce was hired after John), after endorsing them after the season, if they didn't already have someone on board. Parcells, Cowher, Holmgren, or Shannahan are the only guys that are/might be on the market with the power to command full control.

Shannahan is the logical choice, though Cowher is a darkhorse.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2009, 12:11 AM
The word in Dallas most of the season was that Phillips was so dissatisfied with the defensive play calling that he had taken it over himself. It's no surprise that he got rid of his DC. The surprise, however, would be if they went out of their own organization to get a replacement. Phillips wants to get somebody competent, but somebody who also thinks like he does.

And Jones ain't firing Phillips. No way.

channtheman
01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
But what if you've targeted your guy, and he's still coaching in the playoffs? you can't move quicker.

I think that there should be some sort of waiting time until the end of the playoffs and the Super Bowl where NO new hirings can occur. All the teams that are still in it are losing time and may lose a lot of the guys they are looking at because they are still playing.

I understand some might think that since they are still playing they don't need any personnel changes but I just think it would make it fair to all the teams.