PDA

View Full Version : Who wins the NFC North in 2009?

RashanGary
01-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm predicting Packers. I look forward to seeing the odds going into next season.

The Vikings finished #1
The Bears finished #2
The Packers finished #3

If the odds are Vikings top, Bears 2nd and Packers at 7:1 or something like that, I would consider throwing a small bet on the Packers winning the division. $50 could easily turn into $350. It'll be interesting to see how the DC situation pans out and how many of the Vikings older glue guys are lost to UFA.

Bretsky
01-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Too early for a homer poll like this :lol:

I'm sure it'll be like 75 votes to 3 or something like that

The Leaper
01-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm taking the Vikings...at this point. I reserve the right to change my decision after the draft and FA though.

pack4to84
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Too early for a homer poll like this :lol:

I'm sure it'll be like 75 votes to 3 or something like thatWe don't know what is going to happen in FA/draft. Too many variables right now. For all we know 54 for bears retires, AP hangs it up, Lions get P.Manning, and the Packers get Albert.

MTPackerfan
01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I didn't see the Lions in there????

sheepshead
01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Lyrics to Gridiron Heroes
The Victory Song of the Detroit Lions

(Verse)
Hail the colors Blue and Silver let them wave.
Sing their song and cheer the Gridiron Heroes brave,
Fighting for fame, winning the game,
Dashing to victory as they go.

(Chorus)
Forward down the field,
A charging team that will not yield.
And when the Blue and Silver wave,
Stand and cheer the brave.
Rah, Rah, Rah.
Go hard, win the game.
With honor you will keep your fame.
Down the field and gain,
A Lion victory!

cpk1994
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm predicting Packers. I look forward to seeing the odds going into next season.

The Vikings finished #1
The Bears finished #2
The Packers finished #3

If the odds are Vikings top, Bears 2nd and Packers at 7:1 or something like that, I would consider throwing a small bet on the Packers winning the division. $50 could easily turn into $350. It'll be interesting to see how the DC situation pans out and how many of the Vikings older glue guys are lost to UFA.I disagree about the Vikings, they still have one small problem and that is the fate of the lard ass twins.

oregonpackfan
01-17-2009, 12:49 PM

Shall we call on analyst Matt Millan for his opinion? :)

digitaldean
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
If we block Ras's and MN Golf's IP address, we can make it unanimous for the Pack! :wink:

pbmax
01-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Viking's will sign Favre after he retires/gets released by the Jets. Rastak heads to Tibet for reflection and meditation among the monks as he cannot decide how to respond emotionally.

Packers sign Dave Wannestache as their D coordinator, the man who could not stop Favre as the Bears coach. Packers lose both games to the Vikings, killing Harvey's Wallbangers in the process. Go undefeated the rest of the season, win Super Bowl. Dedicate win to Harvey, their biggest fan among message board posters.

Rastak settle in Nepal after Vikings go 6-10 and fire Childress 11 games in. Having lost Leslie Frazier to the Rams, Vikes hire Darren Bevell as interim head-coach. :satan:

Rastak
01-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Viking's will sign Favre after he retires/gets released by the Jets. Rastak heads to Tibet for reflection and meditation among the monks as he cannot decide how to respond emotionally.

Packers sign Dave Wannestache as their D coordinator, the man who could not stop Favre as the Bears coach. Packers lose both games to the Vikings, killing Harvey's Wallbangers in the process. Go undefeated the rest of the season, win Super Bowl. Dedicate win to Harvey, their biggest fan among message board posters.

Rastak settle in Nepal after Vikings go 6-10 and fire Childress 11 games in. Having lost Leslie Frazier to the Rams, Vikes hire Darren Bevell as interim head-coach. :satan:

You got a mean streak PB!

I know a dude from Nepal so maybe I can stay with his family while I gather a few Sherpas and train for an Everest assault. That would likely finish me off for good.

DonHutson
01-17-2009, 03:41 PM

Dolphins, Falcons in the playoffs. Cards on the verge of the Super Bowl. Frankly, nothing would surprise me anymore.

texaspackerbacker
01-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Yeah, no love for the team with a new coach, the number one pick in the draft and three of the first 33 or something like that, and probably the best wide receiver in the NFL?

Seriously, nobody in the division comes close to the Packers in overall talent. Unless we get ANOTHER injury-ruined season or a new DC comes in and screws up everything, it's got to be the Packers.

Joemailman
01-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Recent history suggests a Packer rebound Last 5 Packer won/loss records are 10-6, 4-12, 8-8, 13-3 and 6-10. I think it's the Packers unless the Vikings get a legitimate QB.

bobblehead
01-17-2009, 07:28 PM

Yeah, no love for the team with a new coach, the number one pick in the draft and three of the first 33 or something like that, and probably the best wide receiver in the NFL?

Seriously, nobody in the division comes close to the Packers in overall talent. Unless we get ANOTHER injury-ruined season or a new DC comes in and screws up everything, it's got to be the Packers.

I was optimistic almost like this until I read McGinns article and he brought up a really good point. He said MM fired 3 of 4 coordinators this season, then he went on to note the firings off of Holmgren, Reid, Belicheks staffs. It was very telling, and very damning of MM. He also pointed out that the best talents don't work for guys who are going to scapegoat them....which MM did.

Badgerinmaine
01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Packers comeback, baby.