PDA

View Full Version : "CAPERS TO GET INTERVIEW"

Bretsky
01-17-2009, 11:18 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/37751204.html

digitaldean
01-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Watch out for the Cowboys getting Capers...
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/37763749.html

RashanGary
01-17-2009, 01:06 PM
At this point, anyone he hires wouldn't be considered a snap judgement. If McCarthy loves this guy after the interview, I'd think there is a chance he just makes the move. He's talked to three top coordinators. If this guy has them beat, how much better is he really going to get?

Fritz
01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
We just don't know all the factors. What if MM is committed to a 4-3 but wants a 4-3 more like Nick Saban's?

What if ther were issues of control?

What if Dom Capers blows him away?

What is Spagnola takes the Rams job and MM sees the writing on the wall vis a vis McDermott?

Or what is Spags and McDermott didn't get along in Philly?

Lots of factors.

pbmax
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Will the Packer's let him wear his rug, or will they do like CBS did to Terry Bradshaw and force him to go natural? :lol:

Why yes, I am a little burned out on speculation now that you mention it ....

pbmax
01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Capers is back in Boston according to his agent and ESPN reports that he is the top target for their D coordinator position. Mort also reports that Capers prefers working for Coughlin over the Packers, this despite the fact that Capers agent has not heard from the G-Men.

Sexton had no idea about a contract as he had not spoken with Capers since he got back. He also said they are not in a hurry.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Capers is back in Boston according to his agent and ESPN reports that he is the top target for their D coordinator position. Mort also reports that Capers prefers working for Coughlin over the Packers, this despite the fact that Capers agent has not heard from the G-Men.

Sexton had no idea about a contract as he had not spoken with Capers since he got back. He also said they are not in a hurry.

Seems like there is no love for Green Bay

Maybe we just need to BBB

Bring Back Bob :lol: :lol:

J/K

Joemailman
01-18-2009, 09:47 AM

J/K

Slowik?

Fritz
01-18-2009, 09:52 AM

J/K

Who is the "their" defensive coordinator team referred to above? New England? Since Capers is in Boston? Who's the reference there?

pbmax
01-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Just remember Bretsky, its Mort and he has been wrong before. If Sexton isn't leaking this to Mort (and he doesn't seem to be if you believe JSO's article which quotes him) then its the Giants or Capers telling Mort this.

Mort often goes out on a limb for the wrong person (a preson who has a vested interest in deceiving) so I am not convinced yet.

Waldo
01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Word on PFT is that the Giants linebacker coach is who Spags wants as DC, if Spags doesn't get him the Giants likely will. If Spags does and Capers joins Coughlin, McDermott is fresh out of suitors aside from GB. :D

Fritz
01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I like that scenario, Waldo.

I wonder this: If Mm gets to interview McDermott early this week - and doesn't he get to if the Iggles give permission, whether the Eagles win or lose, cuz there's two weeks before teh SB? - can MM offer him the job if he likes McDermott? Can he publicly say he has, and can McDermott accept? Or do they all keep it under their hats?

Not sure what league protocol is here.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd be cool with MM choosing between McDermott or Haslett

pbmax
01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I like that scenario, Waldo.

I wonder this: If Mm gets to interview McDermott early this week - and doesn't he get to if the Iggles give permission, whether the Eagles win or lose, cuz there's two weeks before teh SB? - can MM offer him the job if he likes McDermott? Can he publicly say he has, and can McDermott accept? Or do they all keep it under their hats?

Not sure what league protocol is here.
I don't know if he can sign on the bottom line before the Eagles release him, but they could agree to terms. The new coach will want to so he can begin to call and assemble a staff. But there may be no public acknowledgment of the deal to help limit distractions.