PDA

View Full Version : Leather

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I have a leather sofa and a leather bag that need moisturizing. I keep hearing different stories from different places, but am wondering what you guys do for leather care.

mraynrand
01-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I have a 'leather bag' that needs 'moisturizing' as well. but nobody seems to want to help me with my problem.

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 02:11 PM
That's just asking for a good neutering...

mraynrand
01-18-2009, 02:14 PM
That's just asking for a good neutering...

That's why I need the moisturizer in the first place. But thanks for caring.

BallHawk
01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/chris.jpg
"You're with me, Ziggy."

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM
I have a leather sofa and a leather bag that need moisturizing. I keep hearing different stories from different places, but am wondering what you guys do for leather care.

As a guy, this is an ez answer

Nothing

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Only if you're going to tell me whether to use vaseline or leather conditioner (I've heard arguments for both) on that couch. I know you have experience in that area...

Brando19
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Nothing

:lol: Stole my damn answer. I have a leather couch...I don't do a damn thing to it.

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Then go ask your wife.

Iron Mike
01-18-2009, 03:02 PM

Take as many naps on it as possible--the natural oils from your skin and hair will moisturize the sofa as you sleep.

Fixed. :P

Brando19
01-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Then go ask your wife.

She said she uses baby wipes to clean it and a soft cloth with a few drops of baby oil to keep it moisturized , but leather wipes at walmart or leather cleaner with a soft cloth will also get the job done.

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks, I hadn't thought of baby wipes. Dang but those things are handy.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 04:56 PM

my wife said baby wipes as well

maybe she is a clone of Brando's wife :lol:

Brando19
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM

my wife said baby wipes as well

maybe she is a clone of Brando's wife :lol:

:lol: Uh oh...that could mean trouble for the world.

GBRulz
01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
When I bought my leather furniture years ago, the Natuzzi dealer said to use a mild soap like Dove, to clean the leather. Use as little water as possible and then apply a leather conditioner to it afterwards.

I have yet to clean my furniture, other than using the brush attachment on the vacuum to get the dust off! I think a lot depends on the quality & texture of leather that you have to begin with but my set is seven years old and it still feels and looks like new. Even with dogs jumping all over it!!

Forgot to mention, I did buy leather cleaning wipes at one time and they were the most useless things ever.

SkinBasket
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
It's a fucking couch. You don't moisturize a couch. Leather takes in oils. Rub your naked body on it if you're really worried.

http://www.actonetwork.com/images/tyler-durden.jpg

oregonpackfan
01-18-2009, 08:22 PM
When I bought my leather furniture years ago, the Natuzzi dealer said to use a mild soap like Dove, to clean the leather. Use as little water as possible and then apply a leather conditioner to it afterwards.

I have yet to clean my furniture, other than using the brush attachment on the vacuum to get the dust off! I think a lot depends on the quality & texture of leather that you have to begin with but my set is seven years old and it still feels and looks like new. Even with dogs jumping all over it!!

Forgot to mention, I did buy leather cleaning wipes at one time and they were the most useless things ever.

Didn't you have to clean your furniture after some of the PackerRats sat on it? :)

bobblehead
01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Be honest...what leather items are you REALLY concerned about cleaning and keeping nice. :oops:

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 06:28 AM
My sofa and my laptop briefcase.

bobblehead
01-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Yer no fun :(

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
...Never mind.

Iron Mike
01-23-2009, 07:10 AM
http://www.outfitterssupply.com/images/WLF112.jpg