PDA

View Full Version : Mind Blowing...

ND72
01-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Kurt Warner will officially play in more super bowls than our Lord & Savior Brett Favre.

cpk1994
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Kurt Warner will officially play in more super bowls than our Lord & Savior Brett Favre.NOw you have done it. The cult will be all over your ass now. :lol:

pbmax
01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Kurt Warner will officially play in more super bowls than our Lord & Savior Brett Favre.NOw you have done it. The cult will be all over your ass now. :lol:
Just stop. For the love of Mike, just stop. Please. Its not funny and hasn't been in a long time.

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM

Pot stirrer

You can never help your cult like references which is ironic since you are a leader of one as well :wink:

cpk1994
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Just stop. For the love of Mike, just stop. Please. Its not funny and hasn't been in a long time.Lighten up, Francis. :lol:

cpk1994
01-18-2009, 05:42 PM

Pot stirrer

You can never help your cult like references which is ironic since you are a leader of one as well :wink:Not sure how, as I am on my own for the most part. :wink:

Bretsky
01-18-2009, 05:44 PM

Pot stirrer

You can never help your cult like references which is ironic since you are a leader of one as well :wink:Not sure how, as I am on my own for the most part. :wink:

Na, your cult has some solid members as well

And pb was right IMO

Except I didn't think it was ever funny

LL2
01-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Warner will also have more SB rings too....maybe Wolf should've kept Warner and let Favre go back in the mid 90's

oregonpackfan
01-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Kurt Warner will officially play in more super bowls than our Lord & Savior Brett Favre.

Yep, and to think the Packers once cut Kurt Warner! :shock:

Waldo
01-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Warner will also have more SB rings too....maybe Wolf should've kept Warner and let Favre go back in the mid 90's

Just think of how much better the cap situ would have been under Sherman if we would have traded Brett and kept Hass.

All those good players we had to cut because of the cap.....

red
01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
it'll be interesting to see what the cards look like next year. they're going to lose some players

and do they try and force lienart into the lineup again like they have the last 2 seasons, or do they hang on to warner?

Gunakor
01-18-2009, 06:37 PM
it'll be interesting to see what the cards look like next year. they're going to lose some players

and do they try and force lienart into the lineup again like they have the last 2 seasons, or do they hang on to warner?

I think that question has been answered on the field. Unless Warner hangs 'em up this offseason, I think he's earned the right through solid QB play to remain the starter.

rbaloha1
01-18-2009, 06:39 PM

The cards are on record stating they want Warner to return.

packers11
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
He will also be 1-2 in Super Bowl appearances... (You can quote me after the Super Bowl for being correct) :lol:

packinpatland
01-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Where is 'Friendship WS'? ............and why have they not tarred and feathered you?

ND72
01-18-2009, 09:16 PM

Where is 'Friendship WS'? ............and why have they not tarred and feathered you?

Friendship is 30 minutes north of Wisconsin Dells....and they haven't tarred and feathered me because they all know the truth.

MJZiggy
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
What is the point of tarring and feathering anyway? And what did the bird ever do?

bobblehead
01-18-2009, 09:21 PM

How is this official, BF could return next season and play in the super bowl.

ND72
01-18-2009, 09:24 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brando19
01-18-2009, 09:25 PM

And who's to say Warner doesn't fall and break his leg while boarding the plan to Tampa and can't make it to the SB.

swede
01-18-2009, 09:32 PM

Friendship is 30 minutes north of Wisconsin Dells....and they haven't tarred and feathered me because they all know the truth.

My kid played in a Gus Macker 3 on 3 b-ball tournament in Friendship a while back.

Nice town. We took third, won the sportsmanship trophy, (probably for keeping our cool after a flying elbow gave my kid a Tony Conigliaro-esque black eye), and stayed at an AWESOME golf resort just north of Friendship.

Nice part of the state.

ND72
01-18-2009, 09:34 PM

My kid played in a Gus Macker 3 on 3 b-ball tournament in Friendship a while back.

Nice town. We took third, won the sportsmanship trophy, (probably for keeping our cool after a flying elbow gave my kid a Tony Conigliaro-esque black eye), and stayed at an AWESOME golf resort just north of Friendship.

Nice part of the state.

we are known for our basketball. :D

bobblehead
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
He will also be 1-2 in Super Bowl appearances... (You can quote me after the Super Bowl for being correct) :lol:

Yea, but you probably said they would lose to the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles too :shock: :shock:

Partial
01-19-2009, 01:42 AM
One of the most underrated QBs ever. Can't believe at the end of Eli's rook year they benched Warner for him.

channtheman
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
One of the most underrated QBs ever. Can't believe at the end of Eli's rook year they benched Warner for him.

And I think that the Giants actually had a winning record at 5-3 that year.

SkinBasket
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
He's no Vince Young.

Patler
01-19-2009, 12:42 PM
He's no Vince Young.

...and for that the Cardinals are thankful!

BallHawk
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

God, I forget he even ever played for the Giants.

He's certainly turned his career around since then, that's for sure.

It's interesting to think where the Cards would be if Matt Leinart was their QB.

Gunakor
01-19-2009, 01:38 PM

God, I forget he even ever played for the Giants.

He's certainly turned his career around since then, that's for sure.

It's interesting to think where the Cards would be if Matt Leinart was their QB.

Probably still a playoff team, but not a SB team. And even that could change in a year or two. Leinart is a good QB, and IMO was hindered by the fact that AZ kept shuffling QB's for the better part of 2007. Honestly, I think if they'd have made the decision to go with Leinart full time as they have with Warner, things wouldn't have turned out much differently in the end.

chain_gang
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Warner was that good in NY he was a liability actually. Warner is a Dome QB, he can't handle the elements, In 2004 the Giants started 4-1, but when the weather changed, Warner's number dropped dramatically, and quickly fell to 5-3, in 10 appearances that year he fumbled 12 times and was sacked 39. Don't get me wrong Warner is a Great QB, when he has all pro receivers, but when he doesn't he is simply average. Check out the Wr's in his St. Louis yrs. and now in his AZ yrs. Good QB overall, but Great Wr's make Kurt Warner. That said he's in the perfect situation in AZ, and the late game drive was a classic. Props to him.

MOBB DEEP
01-19-2009, 08:23 PM

to hades with favre and that whole 90's era...that mess is like ancient history....GO CELTS and fast willie p!

Sparkey
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM

Nice part of the state.

Are you speaking of Northern Bay ? I played that course this past summer. A tale of two nines for me. Shot a 42 on the front and a 53 on the back. :roll:

Merlin
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Warner was that good in NY he was a liability actually. Warner is a Dome QB, he can't handle the elements, In 2004 the Giants started 4-1, but when the weather changed, Warner's number dropped dramatically, and quickly fell to 5-3, in 10 appearances that year he fumbled 12 times and was sacked 39. Don't get me wrong Warner is a Great QB, when he has all pro receivers, but when he doesn't he is simply average. Check out the Wr's in his St. Louis yrs. and now in his AZ yrs. Good QB overall, but Great Wr's make Kurt Warner. That said he's in the perfect situation in AZ, and the late game drive was a classic. Props to him.

Warner is also a very below average QB under pressure. If you look at when he fumbles, throws ints, and looks Grossmanesque, watch him with any kind of pressure on him, then take away his Pro Bowl WR's and you have TJ Rubley. He is one of the most over-rated QB's in the history of the game.

Packnut
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Ahh more stupidity. I guess the fact that Warner's level of play ALWAYS correlated to the talent he had at WR is a tad to complicated for some here. :cry:

Warner had 2 of the best WR combo's of all time and when the WR play suffered so did Warner's play. It really is'nt rocket science. QB's play much better when they have SOMEONE to throw the ball to. Yeah, I know, heavy concept right?

Let's see Bruce/Holt and Fitz/Boldin and Favre had ? Well, he did pretty good with the limited time he had with Jennings/Driver. Did well with Walker/Driver also. Gee, for the life of me though, I can't remember all those other great combo's Brett had. Must be my failing memory.

Packnut
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Warner is also a very below average QB under pressure. If you look at when he fumbles, throws ints, and looks Grossmanesque, watch him with any kind of pressure on him, then take away his Pro Bowl WR's and you have TJ Rubley. He is one of the most over-rated QB's in the history of the game.

Gee, what a radical point of view, although I fear it will be to complicated for a few here to understand. :wink:

red
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM

warner also suffered a very serious injury that almost ended his career

he pretty much destroyed his thumb on his throwing hand. i head a lot at the time that he'll never be able to grip a ball right again and would never be the same again

you wonder just what his carrer would look like if he had gotten an earlier start in the nfl, and never injured is thumb. he was a 27 year old rookie

Patler
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Ahh more stupidity. I guess the fact that Warner's level of play ALWAYS correlated to the talent he had at WR is a tad to complicated for some here. :cry:

Warner had 2 of the best WR combo's of all time and when the WR play suffered so did Warner's play. It really is'nt rocket science. QB's play much better when they have SOMEONE to throw the ball to. Yeah, I know, heavy concept right?

Let's see Bruce/Holt and Fitz/Boldin and Favre had ? Well, he did pretty good with the limited time he had with Jennings/Driver. Did well with Walker/Driver also. Gee, for the life of me though, I can't remember all those other great combo's Brett had. Must be my failing memory.

It wasn't that Favre did not have good receivers, the problem was their careers were cut short. Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Walker were all decent receivers who for one reason or another did not last long with Favre. Favre also had very good receivers at running back and TE in Jackie Harris, Chmura, Jackson, Bennett, Levens and Green.

I know, I know you might respond by saying some of these guys sucked and were made by Favre, but I disagree. Favre made some guys better than they might have been (Schroeder comes to mind), but the ones I listed had some talent that made them assets to Favre. It's too bad their careers were not longer. We could have seen Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Chmura, Bennett and Levens all at one time.

Some years were worse than others due to injuries, but Favre had weapons to use for many of his seasons. He did not have the advantage of a long term relationship with any receiver, unfortunately.

Favre to Sharpe could have been something to watch for a long, long time.

vince
01-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Favre to Sharpe could have been something to watch for a long, long time.
Dennis Hopper agrees.
like a freight train with stick-em (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_8uql9-1IA)