PDA

View Full Version : Do you or have you ever tried?

TennesseePackerBacker
01-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Do you or have you ever tried browsing another Packer fan message board?

Some time after FavreGate and around the mid-way point when the Jets were 8-3, this place had really reached a breaking point with horrible illogical passion-driven posts that really did nothing more than make us all look like real fanatics. Things have finally started settling down, or maybe most of us have just grown numb and accustomed to it, but this place is getting back to the good old days. Just trying to surf a site like Packerchatters gives me a headache from all of the lack of knowledge floating around, percieved or otherwise. I found this site when I used to lurk JSO(another god awful mess) and havent really looked back since. In the last three years I've searched near and far for any Packer fansite that has the kind of knowledgable base and community that PR has, and I've found none.

Where is the first place I come when looking for breaking Packer news or insightful discussion about my team? It's got to be Packerrats. As cheesy(another bad pun I know) as I feel for posting this on PR, I just felt like I needed to share. Thanks guys, without PackerRats I could very well be just another mis-informed fanatic.

PlantPage55
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
There are few other places to go that actually have knowledgeable fans.

You can NEVER go to the newspaper websites. You will become dumber just reading that shit.

Also, general sports sites like ESPN.com or the like are usually full of uninformed nut jobs that are too stupid to actually understand football, which is probably also why they never found a better message board either.

channtheman
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I actually also found this website while browsing JSOnline's message boards. I never signed up there and actually didn't sign up here until close to the Dallas game last year, but I did read a lot of the posts. I really don't read too many other sports message boards because they are usually filled with uneducated people. Also pretty much all the information on big stories I need I can usually find here. Thanks for being so cool Packerrats.

PS. I've heard about how you guys migrated from JSonline. I might be completely off but does anyone have that story?

EDIT: I just went to Packerchatters to see what it is and realized that another thing I like about Packerrats is that it isn't restricted to one topic in the Packers board. Really the Packers board is anything NFL. On the chatter website you have to go to another board for draft talk, and then another board for other teams. For example, I'm assuming an MVP topic would go in the NFL teams board but then how many people would miss it? We all know how fun it is to look back at old topics and see who was right and wrong.

BallHawk
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I did, but I did not inhale.

BallHawk
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Sorry, didn't read past the title.

Patler
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
...without PackerRats I could very well be just another mis-informed fanatic.

..and instead your are a mis-informed casual observer??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have we taken away your passion for the team???? :lol: :lol:

TennesseePackerBacker
01-19-2009, 03:50 PM
...without PackerRats I could very well be just another mis-informed fanatic.

..and instead your are a mis-informed casual observer??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have we taken away your passion for the team???? :lol: :lol:

:lol: I like to think of myself as a mis-informed knowledgable fanatic, how's that work? Maybe stupidity does quell my passion a bit.

arcilite
01-19-2009, 04:36 PM
i was at packerchatters for a bit but there is too many god damn subforums there

that place is doodooo

Pugger
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Gee, I like both chatters and this one. :D Packernews.net isn't too bad either. Packerforum.com is okay but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. The Bubbler and other newspaper forums are pretty nasty but I check them out just for laughs. :wink:

Old School
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I've been here for a while now. I don't post often, but enjoy reading the discussions on topics I am interested in as food to develope my own /vett my own opinions. This board has some very knowledgeable members. I don't have a problem with posters with whom I disagree as long as their positions/opinions are at least thought out. and have some reason.

Spent time at Chatters and a couple others. I found them lacking in consistent intelligent discussions and breaking/timely news. They tend to be crude and deal in personal attack which doesn't interest me.

The JSO board seems to be populated by a lot of people who exhibit agenda driven ignorance. It's bad enough that the sportswriters come at everything from a personal bias.

--------------------------------------------------
Tolerance is the virtue of those without principles. G K Chesterton

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I actually also found this website while browsing JSOnline's message boards. I never signed up there and actually didn't sign up here until close to the Dallas game last year, but I did read a lot of the posts. I really don't read too many other sports message boards because they are usually filled with uneducated people. Also pretty much all the information on big stories I need I can usually find here. Thanks for being so cool Packerrats.

PS. I've heard about how you guys migrated from JSonline. I might be completely off but does anyone have that story?

EDIT: I just went to Packerchatters to see what it is and realized that another thing I like about Packerrats is that it isn't restricted to one topic in the Packers board. Really the Packers board is anything NFL. On the chatter website you have to go to another board for draft talk, and then another board for other teams. For example, I'm assuming an MVP topic would go in the NFL teams board but then how many people would miss it? We all know how fun it is to look back at old topics and see who was right and wrong.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

Fritz
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM
For a while, it was good...

PS - Zigs, can we name some good posters who dropped off along the way? Uhhh...Bruin, I think, was one?

Patler
01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
PS - Zigs, can we name some good posters who dropped off along the way? Uhhh...Bruin, I think, was one?

I miss Shamrockfan! :( :)

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Cute. Very cute. But you forgot
OSPA
BooHoo
PackerPro
K-town
Tony Oday
FavreChild and last but not least
Murphy

I'm sure there are some I've missed, like Fritzdontblitz.

pbmax
01-19-2009, 09:54 PM

I thought his name was Shamler? :lol:

I miss campbell, not for the fights of this past season, but for the sense of humor.

Waldo
01-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I used to post at the Packersnews boards for a long time, but left when they switched formats. I discovered footballsfuture a few years ago and mostly have posted there (similar to here, very knowledgeable fans that are not very reactionary, plus friendly "trolls" from other teams since all teams are represented). I found this board when searching for cap info via google and incidentally stumbled apon one of my own posts from FF. I also post at packersplanet, mostly made up of people that used to post at Packersnews that never went to the new format.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Gee, I like both chatters and this one. :D Packernews.net isn't too bad either. Packerforum.com is okay but it doesn't get a lot of traffic. The Bubbler and other newspaper forums are pretty nasty but I check them out just for laughs. :wink:Yeah, I go to bubbler to see Tank in all his glory. That guy is like a case of herpes over there.

GBRulz
01-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I go to bubbler to see Tank in all his glory. That guy is like a case of herpes over there.

That's ok, you're like a case of the clap...no, you're beyond that...you're just going for the applause :twisted: :lol:

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm being compared to an STD. I feel like I have finally made it here. :lol:

GBRulz
01-20-2009, 08:32 AM
zactly....Cheers, cpk :P

Pugger
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
I truly pray that Tank duffas, Ace and Truthy over at the bubbler NEVER find there way over here! Those clowns give me a migraine. :bang:

Badgerinmaine
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I used to read the JSO board, but the noise to information ratio was way too high. It's too much emotion and not enough information, most of the time. Every now and again I'll look at it or others, I come here fifty times more often at minimum.

bobblehead
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I truly pray that Tank duffas, Ace and Truthy over at the bubbler NEVER find there way over here! Those clowns give me a migraine. :bang:

Tank has been here and banned, one of the few ever to my understanding...his #$@% gets old.

cpk1994
01-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Tank has been here and banned, one of the few ever to my understanding...his #$@% gets old.He is on like his 5th alias over at the bubbler.