listen live online.

http://www.620wtmj.com/

thanks, appreciate it.

mission
01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
good look, im locked :idea:

red
01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
how bout some updates if any good info comes up?

i'm watching house now, can't be bothered

pbmax
01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Except that Mr. Michaels is describing the classic two-gap 3-4 that McCarthy hinted would not be the version they would run. In this version, Jenkins and Kampman in particular might be in trouble.

Partial
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Lance Allen is dumb. Best system is the 3-4 for Vilma? Funny, how he was a pro bowler and dominant ILB in the 4-3 they ran, and once the 3-4 arrived, he kind of fell apart.

pbmax
01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Lance Allen is dumb. Best system is the 3-4 for Vilma? Funny, how he was a pro bowler and dominant ILB in the 4-3 they ran, and once the 3-4 arrived, he kind of fell apart.
Yes, he apparently confused his story. The arrival of the 3-4 marked the beginning of the end of Vilma's impressive run.

Cleft Crusty
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
That's the official story about Vilma; he did go from 118 to 187 tackles in the 4-3 and then back to 116 in the 3-4 under Mangini and then was injured the next year. So he had a little over a year in the 3-4 and I'm thinking some of the drop off was due to the guy in front of him. But I didn't watch much of the Jets in 2006.

Waldo
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Since when does tackles = quality.

Was Vilma an efffective ILB or not? How many tackles he had is immaterial. If Barnett's tackles decrease but he does a darn good job when the ball comes near him, did the scheme hurt his play, or just his stats? Dropping from star quality stats to pedestrian stats is not an indication of ineffectiveness if the player is doing a great job with what they are asked to do.

Cleft Crusty
01-19-2009, 09:23 PM

Was Vilma an efffective ILB or not? How many tackles he had is immaterial. If Barnett's tackles decrease but he does a darn good job when the ball comes near him, did the scheme hurt his play, or just his stats? Dropping from star quality stats to pedestrian stats is not an indication of ineffectiveness if the player is doing a great job with what they are asked to do.

I didn't really complete my thought - my sixteen different prescription meds fog my brain after 10 PM - but I agree with you. Unless you see a guy play, especially in football, the stats don't mean all that much. But they can give you a general idea - and it seems to me that the official story isn't really well supported based on stats.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Why is Jenkins in trouble? the guy was a run stuffing defensive end to begin with, He was already a hybrid end/tackle. I might be wrong by I think Jenkins goes around 290 anyways, what more do you want from an end in a 3-4?

Listening to the panic with some of these people is hilarious.

Guiness
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM

I didn't really complete my thought - my sixteen different prescription meds fog my brain after 10 PM - but I agree with you. Unless you see a guy play, especially in football, the stats don't mean all that much. But they can give you a general idea - and it seems to me that the official story isn't really well supported based on stats.

He likes you Waldo! He'll kill you last...

pbmax
01-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Why is Jenkins in trouble? the guy was a run stuffing defensive end to begin with, He was already a hybrid end/tackle. I might be wrong by I think Jenkins goes around 290 anyways, what more do you want from an end in a 3-4?

The point of the post was that Michael's site has it wrong. McCarthy all but said at the PC they will NOT play the alignment showing at TMJ's website. (See link above)

But if you are going to two gap like the illustration says he will on the TMJ site, then you either better be a monster or too big to move at DE in that old AFC 3-4 (Think Luv Ya Blue Oilers, not Cowher Steelers). Jenkins strong suit, even at tackle has been his quickness. His effectiveness at run stuffing at end in Sanders system is due in part to two factors: he wasn't charging up the field on every play like KGB and two, he was split much wider than he is in that 3-4 illustration.

That aside, I think McCarthy made it clear he expects Jenkins and Kampman to be able to compete in the alignment he and Capers envision. I suspect that is correct, but time will tell.

Joemailman
01-19-2009, 09:54 PM

I agree. Jenkins seems to be a natural fit for a 3-4 DE. He's actually listed at 6-2, 305. I'm confused as to why he would seem to be in trouble here.

pbmax
01-19-2009, 09:58 PM

As I recall, after a time the team didn't see him as effective, as they tried to shop him after it was clear that he was unhappy. Now as to the source of the unhappiness, whether it was the DT in front of him or the scheme, I haven't any idea.

pbmax
01-19-2009, 10:02 PM

I agree. Jenkins seems to be a natural fit for a 3-4 DE. He's actually listed at 6-2, 305. I'm confused as to why he would seem to be in trouble here.
First of all, listed weights are dicey if its the team's publication. Second, Jenkins game at DT is all quickness and getting the corner on a guard. Depending on the alignment, he may be asked to play differently at DE in this scheme. We won't know until camp and preseason.

Cleft Crusty
01-19-2009, 10:06 PM

He likes you Waldo! He'll kill you last...

I lied.
http://www.badmovieplanet.com/inferno/archives/infernocam/commando1.jpg

Cleft Crusty
01-19-2009, 10:07 PM

Perhaps he got someone pregnant.

Harlan Huckleby
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I think Jenkins is better suited to play tackle. The only reason he was moved to end is that the Packers were desperate.

I'm not going to say that he can't play end in a 3-4.

I wonder if Thompson might develop into a starter.