PDA

View Full Version : Julius Peppers as 3-4 OLB - Superstar or a bono wannabe

Partial
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Is this guy going to be a stud in the 3-4 or what? I say hells yes and I bring him in if I'm teets and running the show.

This guy would probably be the best OLB in the NFL immediately. He's such a freak athletically, has the range to cover, and I predict 20ish sacks easily if he's standing up and rushing off the edge.

Partial
01-19-2009, 09:02 PM
You're all bastards, especially you, you big jerk!

ND72
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I would bring in Suggs before Peppers if we had a choice.

Waldo
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM

Me too.

bobblehead
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM

Me too.

Third. Pay uber money for a guy who has done it at that position or pay uber money for a guy we hope can do it a little better at that position. Seems like an easy choice to me.

Bossman641
01-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Me too.

make it three

*edit - me four

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I like the flexibility in Peppers he can play standing up or in a 3 point stance, where with Suggs he is still on the light side of consistently contributing as a down defensive end.

Suggs will probably come cheaper although not by much and the Ravens have three linebackers all becoming free agents.

steve823
01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Suggs >>>>> Peppers

Joemailman
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
The great think about a guy like Peppers would be that the offense wouldn't know if the Packers are in a 4-3 or 3-4 until they see where Peppers lines up, which can change right up until just before the ball is snapped. It's possible Kampman could give you the same advantage, but we'll have to see about that.

Partial
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Peppers has averaged just over 10 sacks per season over his 7 year career. He lines up across from a tackle, and has been double teamed most of his career.

Suggs averages just below 9 sacks per season.

Peppers is bigger, though, and longer, and has the ability to play on the los with his hand in the dirt if necessary. He offers WAY more flexibility, and is only three years older.

Peppers is more athletic and versatile imo and if you're going to pay 8 mil for Suggs, 9 mil for Pepp would be a much better investment (not actual numbers, just saying he's worth more)

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2009, 09:49 PM
How old are they? People are writing off Peppers because he had a bad year in 2007, but the guy has been mostly dominant the other years he's been in the league. To me, Peppers is a better player than Suggs.

Deputy Nutz
01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Suggs might need reconstructive surgery on his shoulder

Partial
01-19-2009, 10:21 PM
How old are they? People are writing off Peppers because he had a bad year in 2007, but the guy has been mostly dominant the other years he's been in the league. To me, Peppers is a better player than Suggs.

I agree. Peppers is in his 7th year and is 29. Suggs is in his 6th year, and must have came out really young because he is 26.

Waldo
01-19-2009, 10:34 PM

No, I think that people are writing Peppers off because he has never played the position that he would be brought in to play, and he is not the prototypical size of the position he would be brought in to play.

Suggs is a 3-4 OLB. Peppers is a 4-3 DE.

Partial
01-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Since when is bigger not better in football? Give me a guy with equivalent speed that is thicker and longer any day of the week!

HarveyWallbangers
01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
No, I think that people are writing Peppers off because he has never played the position that he would be brought in to play, and he is not the prototypical size of the position he would be brought in to play.

My quote was for some of the quotes I've read in other threads.

Not so sure about Peppers, he is older and has been hurt. He seemed to be in a contract drive this year.

Peppers is a great athlete and shows a lot of ability, but I question his drive and consistent intensity to make plays, and not take some off.

Peppers probably too with the amount of $$ he wants and his habit of taking plays off.