PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit

Brando19
01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't even have a Wii...I've never even played one...but my wife wants a Wii for the Wii fit and all my friends at work seem to have a Wii. Does anyone here have a Wii and if so, do you have Wii Fit? Does it work? Is it worth it?

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
We have a Wii. We love the Wii. We want WiiFit. Can't find it yet. I have off tomorrow for Inauguration. Maybe I go see if they're in stock yet.

Brando19
01-19-2009, 08:38 PM
We have a Wii. We love the Wii. We want WiiFit. Can't find it yet. I have off tomorrow for Inauguration. Maybe I go see if they're in stock yet.

Awesome...my wife wants to lose weight. I'm curious as to how it measures you're body mass and I'd like to play sports games on Wii as well...I wonder how Madden works?
You get off for Inauguration? Lucky.

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
I had to work today to get it. Some want to come into town to see it and most want to avoid downtown at all costs and watch at home like warm, normal people with a good view.

MadtownPacker
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I heard it was a ripoff. The Wii Fit that is.

Brando19
01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
I had to work today to get it. Some want to come into town to see it and most want to avoid downtown at all costs and watch at home like warm, normal people with a good view.

Oh so you live in/near DC? I'm coming to DC February 28-March 2. I'm coming with my wife and her parents b/c my father in law has some conventions those days. It's the second time I've been there and I'm going to try to see some things I didn't get a chance to the first time, like the theatre in which Lincoln was shot. I'm also attending a Wizards/Hawks game.

Brando19
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM

A ripoff? That sucks. It is pretty expensive.

mraynrand
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I didn't get a chance to the first time, like the theatre in which Lincoln was shot.

Don't stay for the show. Our American Cousin got pretty bad reviews. Sic semper tyrannis!

MJZiggy
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Oh so you live in/near DC? I'm coming to DC February 28-March 2. I'm coming with my wife and her parents b/c my father in law has some conventions those days. It's the second time I've been there and I'm going to try to see some things I didn't get a chance to the first time, like the theatre in which Lincoln was shot. I'm also attending a Wizards/Hawks game.

Ford's Theatre was pretty cool. They do a whole presentation in the theater and then you go across the street and tour the house where he died.

There's pretty much to do in that area...

Zool
01-19-2009, 11:51 PM

A ripoff? That sucks. It is pretty expensive.

Its only a ripoff if you're lazy. I have 2 friends with them and while they are no substitute for a full-on gym, its very easy to start up and its entertaining. It works your core pretty well. I didnt get too far into it but I would recommend it.

texaspackerbacker
01-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a Wii, and have tried the Wii fit on my daughter's system. My impression was that the Wii fit was nothing you couldn't do just as easily without it--aerobics, treadmill, jogging, etc.

The Wii itself, on the other hand, is great fun--tennis, golf, bowling, baseball, and even boxing are fun and fairly realistic in the movements, etc. The basic Wii Sports is a lot more fun and realistic IMO than things like Tiger Woods Golf, etc.--which I got so disgusted with that I gave it to my son-in-law.

Wii MarioKart racing is also great fun.

I spend even more time playing Wii than I do in this forum, and you know that's a lot.

Partial
01-20-2009, 12:12 AM

Awesome...my wife wants to lose weight. I'm curious as to how it measures you're body mass and I'd like to play sports games on Wii as well...I wonder how Madden works?
You get off for Inauguration? Lucky.

You can really easily modify the Wii to play pirated games.

a guy in my office started eating better and playing Wii fit and he lost about 40 pounds.

SkinBasket
01-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Most of the word I've heard is that it quickly becomes another piece of plastic in the closet after the first dozen charming hours. If you're not going to keep up a regular exercise routine without it, chances are you're not going to keep one up with it.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

You get off for Inauguration? Lucky.I have Madden and it can be frustrating at times. Just about everything you do is realisitc motion. Snapping the ball, throwing the ball. Kicking is the worst. Prepare for a lot of your head banging against the wall with that. Also, I haven't treid it yet but the All Play feature that allows for 5 people to play at once sounds interesting.

GBRulz
01-20-2009, 08:28 AM
I see a lot of them for sale on craigslist, so I'm thinking that people buy them, play them for a few days then they start collecting dust. I know that was the case when I used to have a Wii.

MadScientist
01-20-2009, 01:10 PM
I see a lot of them for sale on craigslist, so I'm thinking that people buy them, play them for a few days then they start collecting dust. I know that was the case when I used to have a Wii.
Look at the prices/conditions of the ones on CL. Most are new and over retail price, purchased by people trying to profit on the demand/scarcity of the Wii Fit.

I have a Wii, but not the Fit. I'm considering the Fit just to keep me and the kids moving when conditions are not suitable for going outside.

mraynrand
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Why use the Wii Fit when there is 'Hip hop abs?'

http://i5.tinypic.com/6xgn61k.jpg

red
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
the wii sucks

soccer moms find it fun. but anyone who's ever played a video game before seems to think the games are lame

there is honestly not a single game that looks fun to me thats out for the wii

MadtownPacker
01-20-2009, 09:20 PM
the wii sucks

soccer moms find it fun. but anyone who's ever played a video game before seems to think the games are lame

there is honestly not a single game that looks fun to me thats out for the wiiThis just show what a stupid maricon you really are.

It's like this asshole. The Wii does suck for games you can get on the 360 and PS3. The Wii does kick ass on proprietary games like Super Mario and Wii sports games. If you where ever a SM fan you cant help but like the new one. If not blaze one to the dome and you will change your mind.

RashanGary
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Go look at the girls doing the wii fit on youtube, then go out and get your girlfriend a wii fit :)