PDA

View Full Version : Dom Capers Press Conference 9 am

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 07:43 AM
This morning. Get the lowdown on Dom's plans.

sheepshead
01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
If he would have done it at 12 I would have a reason to turn on the TV.

mission
01-20-2009, 08:03 AM
If he would have done it at 12 I would have a reason to turn on the TV.

You're a ridiculous dumbass (or joking(or both)).

ND72
01-20-2009, 08:13 AM
President or Capers...President or Capers.

I'll stick with the Presidental talk.

Patler
01-20-2009, 08:35 AM
President or Capers...President or Capers.

I'll stick with the Presidental talk.

Some fans have no loyalty! :D

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Boy they really pack them in for these pressers don't they.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:02 AM
FIrst time in GB since Ice Bowl II. Damn.

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:10 AM
He gave us history lesson.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:13 AM
He said he will tailor the scheme to the personell, not the other way around.

LL2
01-20-2009, 09:23 AM

What else he say...he's no Vanilla Bob is he?

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:23 AM
just thinking about next year opponents we play 5 teams that play 3-4 defense. Now with us switching to 3-4 our offense should be able to play better vs 3-4 since we would practice vs it every week.

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM

What else he say...he's no Vanilla Bob is he?He said we can't play one type of coverage. We play press man, coverage, and hidden coverages.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:26 AM

What else he say...he's no Vanilla Bob is he?

He said he will find a way to utilize Kampman and Barnett. This won't be a cookie cutter 3-4 and it would be a mistake to assume that certain players won't work in this scheme.

He talked about the things he learned in Pittsburgh and NO. Talked a little bit about zone blitzing.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM
It does look like 'ol Dom has been using "Just For Men" Hair color.

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM

What else he say...he's no Vanilla Bob is he?He said we can't play one type of coverage. We play press man, coverage, and hidden coverages.
What, is Collins going to be hiding under a trap door and will suddenly pop out when least expected?

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
It does look like 'ol Dom has been using "Just For Men" Hair color.looks like he left it in too long

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:30 AM
He looks happy to be here. I really like this hire. I think MM picked the best DC possible. He talks with the teacher mentality.

cpk1994
01-20-2009, 09:31 AM
He looks happy to be here. I really like this hire. I think MM picked the best DC possible. He talks with the teacher mentality.Agreed. This PC really makes me feel even better about it. He is really on top of things.

pbmax
01-20-2009, 09:32 AM
That's it, I'm ready. Let's fire this thing up!

ND72
01-20-2009, 09:33 AM

What, is Collins going to be hiding under a trap door and will suddenly pop out when least expected?

Think of the movie Red Dawn...

Pugger
01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I was impressed too. Boy, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he is looking at film and evaluating our guys this week!

Zool
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM

It will be known as the Wolverine package.

pbmax
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM

Camouflage jerseys. The color of DD Grassmaster, snow, mud and beer cups. :lol:

pack4to84
01-20-2009, 09:36 AM
what are the mini camps schedule?

pbmax
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Neat the end when he was talking about Nose Tackles, was the question about Pickett or just NT in general? Because he got into a list of big NTs as an example, but it wasn't clear if he was comparing Pickett or just giving an example of one way to go with the position.

red
01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
this is a move i liked

i've been thinking, and maybe saying for awhile that i don't want a guy that learned a system from a guy you learned the system from another guy who watched the system on tv run by the roommate of his brother. i don't want 5th generation guys. i wanted the guru's that came up with the think

capers helped come up with and install maybe the best defense over the last 20 years

i'd say he's the guru of that type of 3-4

texaspackerbacker
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm guardedly optimistic. He talks a good game, and he's flexible. I like the part about tailoring the scheme to the personnel.

RashanGary
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Very impressive. He seemed to have a good answer for everything. I liked his approach of building a defense with concepts that are easy to understand for the defense, but hard to scheme against for the offense. It showed me that he understands how important it is to not overcomplicate the scheme, but also balances it against the importance of not letting the opposition know what you are going to do next. He also talked about changing the approach for each offense, but always brought it back to making sure it was understood by the defense. That seems like a tough thing to do, but listening to him talk, it sounds like he knows how to be unpredictable yet understandable. Impressive indeed.

Up until this point, everything I've read and all of the collective research people put in here, have lead me to be really happy with this hire. Listening to him today put it over the top.

We have a very promising 25 year old QB
We have a very promising young offensive coach
We have a very promising talent evaluator as GM
and now we have a very promising defensive coach

Call me crazy, but I have a whole hell of a lot of confidence in this Packer regime. Great things may be on the horizon.

Packers4Ever
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
It does look like 'ol Dom has been using "Just For Men" Hair color.

You didn't try checking the color number ?? :no: (JK)

Jimx29
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
It does look like 'ol Dom has been using "Just For Men" Hair color.He's no Billy Mays

ND72
01-20-2009, 04:54 PM

:lol: awesome. If nothing else, I'm totally going to plan out a "Wolverine" package now on my varsity team next season. :lol:

Zool
01-20-2009, 09:11 PM

:lol: awesome. If nothing else, I'm totally going to plan out a "Wolverine" package now on my varsity team next season. :lol:

Where do you coach?

Joemailman
01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Interesting quote from Capers' press conference:

You’ve got to be able to mix your coverage,” Capers said Tuesday morning at his introductory press conference with the Packers. “I just don't think there’s anybody good enough in this day and age to just sit in one thing, with the multiplicity of the offenses that you see. So, I think you have to be able to change up, and it’s got to be a combination of pressure, coverage and disguise, and not letting people know exactly what you’re doing. Because I don’t care who you are, how good you are, if they know exactly what you’re doing, you’re going to have problems stopping them.”

This alone is a huge departure from Sanders.

Cheesehead Craig
01-20-2009, 10:41 PM

Make it an all out blitz. Send 8 guys. That's kinda like the Wolverines.

bobblehead
01-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Ah, I love the offseason....where the packers can't lose.

channtheman
01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Ah, I love the offseason....where the packers can't lose.

The offseason is truly what every football fan lives for. All the feel good stories are flying high and optimism is through the roof. The Raiders, Lions, and the like all have a chance in the offseason.