PDA

View Full Version : All-Joe Team

HarveyWallbangers
01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
ARod, Aaron Kampman, and Will Blackmon made the list ("Honoring those who won little acclaim").

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-01-20-all-joe-team_N.htm?csp=34

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2009, 09:15 AM
That's got to be a tough article to write. How do you uncover the hidden gems on 32 different teams?

Not sure Kampman gets to be a "Joe" anymore.

I would nominate Darren Colledge as a Joe.

texaspackerbacker
01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, Kampman was a disappointment last season to me, after building a reputation the year before.

Jenkins would have been the ideal "Joe" if he had stayed healthy and played like he did early.

Colledge maybe, but only because he played so bad in '07 that he artificially lowered expectations. I really don't see anybody else other than Rodgers. Everybody else either was expected to be outstanding (Jennings), or played a little worse in '08 than in '07 (Lee, Spitz, Jones, Hawk, Bigby, etc. etc.--even Crosby).

Blackmon, yes--as a kick returner, and maybe Tramon Williams would be possibilities too.

Harlan Huckleby
01-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, Kampman was a disappointment last season to me, after building a reputation the year before. .

Its hard to say whether Kampman was down, or he had less opportunities because the defense sucked.

I meant Kampman is not a joe because he's been named to the pro bowl in the past.

Patler
01-21-2009, 10:35 AM
A lifetime "Joe" award should go to Mark Tauscher, perhaps the "Joest" Joe on the Packers for years. Clifton had been locked out of Pro Bowls, but was recognized at least. Tauscher has been largely ignored.