PDA

View Full Version : The real lost thread!!!!!!

red
01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
woohooo

the new season begins tonight

Badgerinmaine
01-21-2009, 10:29 AM
What, are you saying the Bucks are lost? :-)

red
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
of course a bucks fan would have to come out of the woodwork and screw up the whole thing

Zool
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
There's 2 of us in here. Get your politics out of our forum.

red
01-21-2009, 10:42 AM
lol

red
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
ok

i've been doing a lot of researching on lost today

god there's so much shit to this show

two big things. jacob is the mysterious leader of the island you talks to be and tells him what to do. been is the leader of a tribe that is completely whipped out.

in the bible. jacob was the founder of the 12 tripes of isreal,people chosen by god to be set apart and special. he had 12 sons, the youngest of which was named ben. ben was the leader of a tribe that was completely whipped out

sound familiar?

then theres creepy black guy. Matthew Abaddon. we have no clue who he is on the show, or what his intentions are. we do know he's recruted the scientists to find the island.

some biblical scholars believe that abaddon in history is the devil. and abaddon in greek means the destroyer

the black smoke is called cerberus by the writers. cerberus in ancient mythology is a three headed watch dog of hades that prevents people from leaving hell

to me the creepy black guy is trying to find the island to destroy it. jacob on the others are a special group of people (maybe gods) that are trying to protect their home. maybe a mt. olympus type of place. abaddon recruts locke and the science team to try and find the island, or bring it out of hiding so he can find it

you can waste days on lostpedia rwading on this stuff

GrnBay007
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Interesting stuff Red.

I think I will end up buying the DVD's of all the seasons. I only have season 3 when I was trying to get caught up before season 4 started on TV. It sure is a good series.

red
01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
i think aaron and claire are going to somehow end up playing a huge part

i season 1, the the claire flashback episode, claire goes to a furtune teller, who freaks the hell out

she said she was putting the baby up for adoption, and thats when the guy last it. he demanded that no matter what the child could not be raised by anyone other then her. he repeated it over and over

he then later set it up where she would fly to LA and meet the only other people that could take care of him.

he bought her the plain ticket for flight 815

i think that the fortune teller is one of the others, and that aaron being raised by kate for the last three years is the main reason that things are going so bad. i think maybe aaron is suppose to be a special child, like a leader, or one of the others, and the FT was trying to deliver him to the island

red
01-25-2009, 07:26 PM
also, i think locke, christian (jacks dad) walt, and maybe others are some kind of special something, that after death come back in some kind of spirit form on the island

after the plain crashed christian came back and haunted jack, then he shows up in jacobs cabin and says he's the spokesperson for jacob. and he's sitting there with his other child, claire

we've seen walt a few times in spirit form, and the others had him targeted and kidnapped him for some reason.

and charlie has appeared to talk to hurley

locke is dead now, but i think after they return to the island with his body that he will once agian return to some kind of form

Bretsky
01-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Is there nudity in Lost ?
Any lesbian scenes ?

Trying to find some evidence it's as good as 24

red
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
no lesbians

but i can tell you for a fact that this was the exact moment that i got hooked on the show

http://daveandthomas.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/evangeline_lilly_lost.jpg

red
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
YAY, new lost

lets see how confused we can get tonight

GrnBay007
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
YAY, new lost

lets see how confused we can get tonight

I can see I can't do Wed. happy hour after work anymore...talk about confusing! :P

Bretsky
01-28-2009, 08:34 PM
no lesbians

but i can tell you for a fact that this was the exact moment that i got hooked on the show

http://daveandthomas.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/evangeline_lilly_lost.jpg

let me know when the lesbo signs start; then the show is worthy of my radar :lol:

24 is back this year :!:

red
01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
WOW

nice twist

so charles widmore is another one that had to leave the island and thats why he wants to find it again

and the new little bitchie blond chick is hot

maybe her and kate will lez out when kate gets back to the island

red
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
well, we're 25 minutes into this episode and i'm bored off my ass

GrnBay007
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Really? you were bored?

Pretty freaky them finding Jin floating around the ocean lol

red
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Really? you were bored?

Pretty freaky them finding Jin floating around the ocean lol

i think they shot him

he must have been in the other boat that was chasing them

i really think this episode sucks

maybe i'm just not drunk enough

GrnBay007
02-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Jin is alive!!!!!

red
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
oh jeeze, thats rousso, i didn't se that one coming :roll:

GrnBay007
02-04-2009, 09:04 PM
me either

The previews for next week look pretty good.

When that guy was talking to them in the van were they talking about Hurley? ....getting him out of jail?

red
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
me either

The previews for next week look pretty good.

When that guy was talking to them in the van were they talking about Hurley? ....getting him out of jail?

yeah, that was ben's lawyer (the guy that was trying to take aaron from kate).

i guess hurley was still in the mental hospital when the first guys got killed oe something. he said there is no case against him and the judge would drop the case the next day

GrnBay007
02-04-2009, 09:10 PM
So Ben wants to Aaron to get taken away from Kate so she will have no reason not to go with them.

GrnBay007
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Glad Jin is alive.

Hope they don't have so many "flashes" next week. I suppose it does answer some questions though.

red
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Glad Jin is alive.

Hope they don't have so many "flashes" next week. I suppose it does answer some questions though.

i hope this week was just a setup for mega awesome super show next week

Cheesehead Craig
02-05-2009, 09:42 AM
This season already is much better than last season, IMO.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2009, 09:03 AM
You didnt like the politics BS in the RR Red so how about extending the same courtesy to the Bucks fans??

Bretsky
02-07-2009, 09:14 AM
agree

I'm movin it as well

oregonpackfan
02-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Glad Jin is alive.

Gin is indeed alive but he is on the a 25 year timeline from the past. He meets a pregnant French woman. She is the younger French woman who has been living on the island for some 25 years. As you recall, Ben is supposedly the father of her to be born daughter.

Freak Out
02-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Ok.....I can't resist...who is the first too bed that wench Kate?

GrnBay007
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM

LOL

we ain't gonna tell!!! :P

Freak Out
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

LOL

I have to tell you I was pissed when she locked lips with the "confidence man". :lol:

GrnBay007
02-08-2009, 09:32 PM

LOL

I have to tell you I was pissed when she locked lips with the "confidence man". :lol:

Jack?

LOL you sound like my daughter. She was calling her a HO for that. (well, later on she was) ....can't tell you any more. :P

red
02-08-2009, 09:35 PM
You didnt like the politics BS in the RR Red so how about extending the same courtesy to the Bucks fans??

lol

good one

there's no bucks fans lol, thats why i picked that place to hide

but now that this place is cleaned up, it can come back here where it belongs

red
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM

LOL

Jack?

LOL you sound like my daughter. She was calling her a HO for that. (well, later on she was) ....can't tell you any more. :P

sawyer is the confidence man

thats his role in the scams he played

oregonpackfan
02-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Kate's attraction for Con Man Sawyer is an illustration of how so many young women are attracted to the guy with questionable character traits.

red
02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Good, charlotte's dead, bout time. she's always pissed me off

best part about this episode is that the ubber hot kelly rippa is in one of the ads

man, the things i'd do to her

oregonpackfan
02-12-2009, 05:17 PM

best part about this episode is that the ubber hot kelly rippa is in one of the ads

I found it unbelievable that Charlotte just happened to be able to speak fluent Korean. She was the only capable of speaking directly to Jin. :roll:

red
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
i'm finding a lot of it unbelievable this season.

i don't know if its just me, or if the writers are starting to lose it, but this season has just been flat, and nothing has seemed suspenseful to me this season

like in the past i would be like OMG, i can't wait till next week to figure out what happens

just flat, nothing has blown me away yet

:beat:

Cheesehead Craig
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM

I found it unbelievable that Charlotte just happened to be able to speak fluent Korean. She was the only capable of speaking directly to Jin. :roll:
Methinks it was the island talking through her.

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM
BACK TO DA ISLAND!

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
If Ben did something to Penny I am going to be so pissed!! I love Desmond and Penny!! :x

Brando19
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Tonight's episode ruled. I wonder what happened to the other people on the plane? Did it even crash?

Bretsky
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I become a fan of the show when we have a Grail Scene; somebody be sure to PM me when that happens

Charles Woodson
02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Tonight's episode ruled. I wonder what happened to the other people on the plane? Did it even crash?
Seemed like they warped, and wtf they warped back in time... and you think frank knew anything?

Brando19
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I become a fan of the show when we have a Grail Scene; somebody be sure to PM me when that happens

It's Lost...so be on standby.

Brando19
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Seemed like they warped, and wtf they warped back in time... and you think frank knew anything?

I don't know...but where the F is Desmond? And was Jin workin' for Dharma?

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Why was Ben all banged up?

Brando19
02-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Good question.
Why do we watch this show when we never ever get answers? I don't know, but I guess I hope one week will bring one answer.

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM

Good question.
Why do we watch this show when we never ever get answers? I don't know, but I guess I hope one week will bring one answer.

I thought the episode tonight would end with the plane going down. Never expected it to end and leaving us hanging on another FLASH moment.

Eventually........after how many more "flashes" they will all end up together I suppose. ....and then what?

oregonpackfan
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
If Ben did something to Penny I am going to be so pissed!! I love Desmond and Penny!! :x

If Ben met up with Penny, it appeared she got the better of Ben. He showed up at the plane with his face battered and his arm in a sling.

oregonpackfan
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM

I don't know...but where the F is Desmond? And was Jin workin' for Dharma?

I don't know where Desmond is. If you recall from a previous episode, Jim survived the cargo ship explosion and was time warped to the past with the French woman Rousseau. He may have joined up with the Darma simply to survive.

3irty1
02-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Seems like they are taking a new approach this season. They are answering last weeks questions with this weeks episode rather than only provide answers to questions that were posed last season.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
come on people, think!
Jin is working for dharma because the island is stuck back in time... Anyone remember an early scene in the season when faraday was in a dharma uniform? i think that this is the trippy part when faraday tells ginger not to come back when ginger is a lil girl... I think desmond was protecting penny, hence the reason ben got the shit beat outta him

red
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
i'm really looking forward to tonights episode

we find out how locke died and why

i'm glad obama's address was last night and not tonight. i can live without idol, but not lost

GrnBay007
02-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Ready for some LOST! :D

GrnBay007
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
LOL John Locke alive.......John Locke dead.......John Locke alive....

geesh

red
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
john locke=God

i knew he's come back to life once on the island

red
02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
new cast members

woo-hooo

red
02-25-2009, 08:12 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

its the creepy black guy

GrnBay007
02-25-2009, 08:15 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

its the creepy black guy

Where have we seen him other than the mental institute?

red
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
we've seen him a few quick times

never on the island

i think he helped recruit julliete
and i can't remember the others

he just seemed to randomly pop up during peoples back stories

GrnBay007
02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow, Walt back on the scene

red
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
god damnit

not walt, he sucks

GrnBay007
02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Why does Ben always have to look so sneaky and slimy?

red
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
heres what i typed about creepy black guy on the first page

then theres creepy black guy. Matthew Abaddon. we have no clue who he is on the show, or what his intentions are. we do know he's recruted the scientists to find the island.

some biblical scholars believe that abaddon in history is the devil. and abaddon in greek means the destroyer

red
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Why does Ben always have to look so sneaky and slimy?

he's the devil?

always deceitful

red
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM
whooooooooooooooah

creepy black guy's dead

thats not right

Brando19
02-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Ben killed John!!!! WTF?!?!? WHY?!?!?! IS Ben Truly the bad guy?

red
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM

i have a feeling we'll never know until the very last episode

now that episode i liked

red
02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
of course, maybe ben knew john would come back to life once he's back on the island and only did it to get the others to come along

Brando19
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
of course, maybe ben knew john would come back to life once he's back on the island and only did it to get the others to come along
Or maybe they'll go back in time to change the killing? We'll see.

Charles Woodson
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I think the only reason John is still alive is because they are back in time on the island

oregonpackfan
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
whooooooooooooooah

creepy black guy's dead

thats not right

Dang! Why did I read this before the episode is shown on the West Coast? :)

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2009, 08:32 AM

Then why not let him hang himself in the first place? Was he worried that Charles already knew too much and killing John would throw him off the trail?

red
02-26-2009, 10:02 AM
i'm not sure

he needed to get the name of eloise hawkins before john died

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Could be, you just never know, that is why I stopped asking questions, and stopped trying to predict what is going to happen.

MadtownPacker
02-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Or maybe they'll go back in time to change the killing? We'll see.I think if Locke had killed himself it would been a loss of faith so ben had to do the killing for him.

Great epi though.

Brando19
02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Or maybe they'll go back in time to change the killing? We'll see.I think if Locke had killed himself it would been a loss of faith so ben had to do the killing for him.

Great epi though.

Good point. This episode was great. I wish all episodes would have the intensity as this one. The guy that plays Ben does a great job. He's a creepy little son of a gun.

red
02-26-2009, 04:58 PM

Great epi though.

Good point. This episode was great. I wish all episodes would have the intensity as this one. The guy that plays Ben does a great job. He's a creepy little son of a gun.

that guy is great isn't he, he plays the role to perfection

way to think there mad, that's a good point

oregonpackfan
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM

I can't think of anymore of a "Scumbag" "Slimeball" or "Sociopathic personality" than the Ben character. I wouldn't trust him or even turn my back on him.

I read the actor who portrays Ben in rea life has gotten spat on, sworn at, and things thrown at him because he plays the evil character of Ben so well.

MadtownPacker
02-26-2009, 08:18 PM

Great epi though.

that guy is great isn't he, he plays the role to perfection

way to think there mad, that's a good pointI think that has to be it cuz remember John's story has had alot to do with having faith he could go on the walkabout, walk, get shot and not die, get his legs broken out the skin, all kinds of shit but if he kept his head up it will work out.

But whitemore is an untrustworthy SOB.

MadtownPacker
02-26-2009, 08:19 PM

I can't think of anymore of a "Scumbag" "Slimeball" or "Sociopathic personality" than the Ben character. I wouldn't trust him or even turn my back on him.I see ben when I picture harlan, only way more queer acting.

Brando19
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM

I can't think of anymore of a "Scumbag" "Slimeball" or "Sociopathic personality" than the Ben character. I wouldn't trust him or even turn my back on him.I see ben when I picture harlan, only way more queer acting.
:lol: :lol:

If you're right about John's faith and being able to overcome being shot and paralyzed...who's to say he can't overcome being strangled? Maybe he's immortal?

Partial
02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Lost is jumping the shark. I don't care for this season much at all.

Deputy Nutz
02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Lost is jumping the shark. I don't care for this season much at all.

I guess I won't bother watching next week than.

MadtownPacker
02-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Lost is jumping the shark. I don't care for this season much at all.Moron, this season is off to a way better start then last. The show has jumped the shark since jumping the shark happened so what is the big deal?

Charles Woodson
02-28-2009, 04:13 PM

:lol: :lol:

If you're right about John's faith and being able to overcome being shot and paralyzed...who's to say he can't overcome being strangled? Maybe he's immortal?
Jon is dead, you people need to remember that the time on the island is way different then real life... So because the island is behind in time, Jon hasnt died yet

my 2 cents

Partial
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't think they're on the island. I think they're at the Hydra station from the logo that Caesar was looking at on the folders.

I think John is back alive. I also think that begs the question of whether Christian is actually alive and perhaps "died" to get all of those people back on the Island.

I have heard there is a common belief that resurrection cannot occur if one commits suicide, so perhaps that is why Ben did it. Then again, it seems if as soon as he heard Eloise Hawkin, he did it as I think he felt that he knew too much and if he visited her, somehow information could get back to Widmore? Not sure.

I maintain Ben will be a good guy when all is said and done.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Ben deffinetely isnt a good guy... The guy has lied since the beginning of the show...
Although your opioion was interesting about john, how do you explain the part, saw it in the previews for next week, where they see jin

Partial
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Island is in all fucked up time, I agree, but I think that the reason those peeps dissappeared is that they're in a different timeline.

I'm not sure what I think exactly, but the whole thing is gettin' kind of weird.

I predict that Ben is the good guy still. Just a gut feeling.

Charles Woodson
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Island is in all fucked up time, I agree, but I think that the reason those peeps dissappeared is that they're in a different timeline.

Theres a part where Ben sees kate and the oceanic 6 so idk what to think

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 08:00 PM
*L*O*S*T*

:D

Caesar is pretty cute! :P

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
LOL Sawyer working for Dharma???? LOL no way!

red
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
i love this episode so far

looks like they're stuck back in time a few years

red
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
well i think we just got one giant answer from this episode

they went back in time to 1974, and now they're in 1977

when the plan crashes the second time with the ocieanic 6 they are taken back to 1977, to the time when the other survivors are.

they bring john locke back with them, he comes back to life.

he will become the leader of the others like he told richard alpert in the 50's. he will then be the man giving alpert and ben the orders to wipe out dahrma.

locke is jacob

da da duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

locke could not see jacob face to face because this would be a paradox

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I didn't get that.

Damn Wed. happy hour. :P

Nice thing is I can watch this episode again next week after u guys pick it apart.

I don't like sawyer and juliet together. :? ain't right!

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 09:02 PM
OMG 2 WEEKS? NO WAY

red
03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
OMG 2 WEEKS? NO WAY

oh thats bull shit

bull shit!!!!!!!!!!

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah BS! BS! :D

Charles Woodson
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
OMG 2 WEEKS? NO WAY
??

Charles Woodson
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
well i think we just got one giant answer from this episode

they went back in time to 1974, and now they're in 1977

when the plan crashes the second time with the ocieanic 6 they are taken back to 1977, to the time when the other survivors are.

they bring john locke back with them, he comes back to life.

he will become the leader of the others like he told richard alpert in the 50's. he will then be the man giving alpert and ben the orders to wipe out dahrma.

locke is jacob

da da duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

locke could not see jacob face to face because this would be a paradox
trippy,

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
OMG 2 WEEKS? NO WAY
??

Next episode is not for 2 weeks.

Like we can go 2 wks without!!!!

no wait........LOL happy hour with no regrets!! :P

red
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
drunk

GrnBay007
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
drunk

OK NORM!!!! lol

Hey....every other Wed night's not bad. 1/2 price margaritas with some really hot waiters. :P

red
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
also, i think the swan is where jughead was buried

i might have already mentioned this before, but tonight locked it for me

when they first went into the swan they noticed a spot that was magnetic and behind think concrete. syhid thought it was at least 8 feet think. daniel told richard to bury the bomb and tonight sawyer asked if he did

the swan and the maybe the numbers being entered every 108 minutes might have had something to do with the bomb. like maybe releasing energy every 108 minutes or else the whole island would blow up

oregonpackfan
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
I didn't get that.

I don't like sawyer and juliet together. :? ain't right!

Actually,

I think Julliette has been good for Sawyer. He seems more at peace with life and genuinely cares for her.

Now that Kate has reappeared along with Hurley and Jack, will Sawyer's contentment with Julliette change?

Guiness
03-05-2009, 09:58 PM
not reading this thread due to spoilers

Was an avid fan of this season until midway through S3 (what, 2 years ago?) and totally lost track of it after that. I'm afraid to tune in now, I need to pick up the DVDs or something and catch up...

Aaron12odgers
03-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Lost is da bomb!

Wish the writers hadn't killed off Charlie and Michael. I guess Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) has movies to make and Harold Perrineau (Michael) is killed off for another ABC show.

GrnBay007
03-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Good to have a Lost fix! :D If we had to wait 2 weeks we should have gotten 2 episodes! grrr

LOL............what's up with lil BEN?

red
03-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Good to have a Lost fix! :D If we had to wait 2 weeks we should have gotten 2 episodes! grrr

LOL............what's up with lil BEN?

what do you mean?

that was ben right after him and his dad got to the island, and years before he kills off all the dahrma folks

its cool that the plain landed in a totally different time from the main island folks

i'm liking this season a lot so far

its going to be really interesting how the ones that have been on the island for 3 years interact with the ones that just got back

GrnBay007
03-18-2009, 11:38 PM
what do you mean?

that was ben right after him and his dad got to the island, and years before he kills off all the dahrma folks

I know. I guess we'll get to see how the little freak grows up to be such a big, mean freak. :D

"James"... Sawyer showed Jack who's in charge now....lol

oregonpackfan
03-19-2009, 12:17 AM
It was interesting to see the 12 year old Ben bring food to the imprisoned Sayid.

If there was any justification for strangling a child, Sayid should have taken Ben out right then and there! :)

red
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
It was interesting to see the 12 year old Ben bring food to the imprisoned Sayid.

If there was any justification for strangling a child, Sayid should have taken Ben out right then and there! :)

in the preview for next week they show sayid saying he now knows what he has to do, then they show him shooting a gun.

is he maybe going to kill young ben, thus saving the island from all his shit in years to come?

Partial
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Young Ben cannot die. Paradox.

red
03-19-2009, 07:33 PM

sayid wasn't around for all of danny's speeches

maybe he doesn't know about a paradox, and is going to try it anyways

maybe he does it and thats why the island is so f'ed up?

red
03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
and what's with locke?

they showed that he was now alive, and with more wreck survivors.

yet this week they showed that the plane landed on the small island and everyone is fine, and they didn't show locke

is he in 1977, or the present time?

and why didn't sun do back in time? what did she do different?

Aaron12odgers
03-19-2009, 09:23 PM

He won't die since he exist in the present. If he was killed in the 70's, he wouldn't be he's alive today.

Aaron12odgers
03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone else notice that here’s a mysterious woman behind Sun in the scene where Christian tells Sun she has a bit of a journey ahead of her?

Could be Claire.

red
03-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Anyone else notice that here’s a mysterious woman behind Sun in the scene where Christian tells Sun she has a bit of a journey ahead of her?

Could be Claire.

i didn't see that, i'll have to watch it again

it very well good be claire, she has hung out with christian before, and he is her dad

Aaron12odgers
03-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Could be Claire.

i didn't see that, i'll have to watch it again

it very well good be claire, she has hung out with christian before, and he is her dad

Some folks at lostpedia are saying it was a production error since the woman was unnoticeable on standard tv.

IMO, the scene is legit. Christian looked stirred in that scene.

Time will tell.

Dylan McKay
03-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Heck Ya!!! I dig this show. I also really jam about "Life on Mars". Love me some Harvey K! I wonder if there are any females on this forum if so, I call them "No Nuts"!!!!

red
03-25-2009, 09:02 PM
HAAAAAA

I FREAKING TOLD YOU GUYS

he killed ben

looks like theres about to be a war

GrnBay007
03-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I can't believe I missed Lost tonight! :(

red
03-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I can't believe I missed Lost tonight! :(

i hope getting drunk was worth it

oh, and you probably shouldn't read my previous post

GrnBay007
03-25-2009, 11:54 PM
i hope getting drunk was worth it

:P smart ass!!
I worked late and then went to parent/teacher conferences for 3.5 HOURS! :shock:

oh, and you probably shouldn't read my previous post

Yeah, thanks! I READ it ....and THAT was when I realized I missed Lost. All day long I was thinking today was Thur. So give me the highlights. Stinks they aren't showing the previous episode anymore before the new one each week.

Partial
03-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Ben won't die. Someone cannot die in their past and still live in the present. It's a paradox. There is a 0% chance that Ben dies. Sayid clearly lacks education in physics.

Think about it. He killed Ben in the 70s, how does all that stuff post 2000 happen?!? It doesn't. Thus, a paradox exists.

Aaron12odgers
03-26-2009, 05:38 AM
HAAAAAA

I FREAKING TOLD YOU GUYS

he killed ben

looks like theres about to be a war

You could be right, but I don't think Ben is dead. The lsland won't let him die.

My guess is Jack will fix him up...again.

Dylan McKay
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Lost is pretty kick ass. I was like, dude is gonna kill that little freak, at the end the freak got blasted.

Also found out that "Life on Mars" is over after next week. That blows.

red
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Ben won't die. Someone cannot die in their past and still live in the present. It's a paradox. There is a 0% chance that Ben dies. Sayid clearly lacks education in physics.

Think about it. He killed Ben in the 70s, how does all that stuff post 2000 happen?!? It doesn't. Thus, a paradox exists.

desmond might be the key

when danny went and talked to desmond in the past and told him to find his mother, desmond didn't know about it the whole time. he woke up from a dream in the future knowing he had talked to dan.

and we don't know shit about time travel, if we did, we'd probably be doing it. so lost is kind of free to make things up as they go along.

maybe ben dies in the future with jin and christian in the little shack? who knows.

i do know that it would be hard for ben to live without a heart, you know, with sayid shooting him the heart and all

oregonpackfan
03-26-2009, 06:37 PM

If Sayid does kill Ben in the 70's, it will change the timline of the future. It was still shocking, however, to see Sayid fire a handgun point blank at Ben, who appeared to be 12-13 years old.

red
03-26-2009, 07:15 PM
sayid is one cold blooded sob

Aaron12odgers
03-27-2009, 02:46 AM
sayid is one cold blooded sob

Would you, knowing what you know now, kill 12 year old Hitler if you could go back in time?

Ben is responsible for a bunch of deaths, including the "purge" that wiped out the Dharma Initiative. Sayid thinks he is changing the future by killing young Ben, but as Faraday explained, whatever happened happened (Ben got shot but he didn't die).

Like Partial said, Ben can’t die and he won't die. Paradox.

SkinBasket
03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Would you, knowing what you know now, kill 12 year old Hitler if you could go back in time?

I would just give him the hugs and encouragement as a young artist that he needed. Then you wouldn't have to kill him.

I refused to watch lost after I heard they are the fat guy.

GrnBay007
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I can't believe they didn't show last weeks episode!!! :(

....and I was home in time!
:D

red
04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
OH COME ON, enough with the flashbacks

kate and arrons back story is boring as shit

GrnBay007
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Hurley cracks me up

red
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
WOW, that was one giant episode of filler worthlessness

the last 3 minutes were the only ones worth watching

GrnBay007
04-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Welcome back to the land of the living. LOL

Partial
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I enjoyed it. That was one of the better episodes in awhile. Next week we see the inside of the temple. Weird.

red
04-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I enjoyed it. That was one of the better episodes in awhile. Next week we see the inside of the temple. Weird.

maybe

the last 10 seconds was the first time we've seen ben in about a month. we're still left hanging as to when happened to him and sun, when they run into christian. and that was the first time we've seen locke in like a month and a half.

they're just leaving us hanging on the good stuff this year, and feeding us absolute crap that doesn't do anything for moving the damn story along

i give this episode like a c minus. it would have been a D in my book if it wasn't for the last few minutes

Partial
04-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, now we know how Ben becomes an "other" officially, and it looks like next week we see Ben enter the temple and to be judged by the Monster according to the preview. Looks like a damn good episode!!

oregonpackfan
04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Welcome back to the land of the living. LOL

Yeah, that John Locke keeps showing up even after he is dead.

I liked the shocked look on Ben's face when he woke up to find Locke sitting at his bedside. Here was the guy Ben hanged and faked it as Locke's suicide, and Locke is just smiling at him...

Brando19
04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, now we know how Ben becomes an "other" officially, and it looks like next week we see Ben enter the temple and to be judged by the Monster according to the preview. Looks like a damn good episode!!

10 bucks says Ben doesn't enter the temple to be judged until the last 2 minutes of the episode.

TravisWilliams23
04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
WOW, that was one giant episode of filler worthlessness

the last 3 minutes were the only ones worth watching

I agree Red.

I'm a little annoyed the Sayid, a trained killer, couldn't hit the little shit Ben in the heart with a point blank shot. Also, if it was me, I'd pop a cap in his head for good measure! It would have been more believable if the "Island" brought Ben back to life, not Juliet and the Others.

They turned Jack into a real pussy also.

Partial
04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
two sneak peaks for tonight: Episode looks f'in awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZc8QWKqCL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9dR5MVoT4

red
04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
two sneak peaks for tonight: Episode looks f'in awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZc8QWKqCL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9dR5MVoT4

looks awesome

ben and locke are by far the 2 most intriguing people on the show (except for maybe richard alpert), its great when the show focuses on them

think the cloud monster is the thing that comes out of the jungle to "judge" ben. remember when it was killing everyone else except echo? it came face to face with him, looked him in the eyes, and left him alone. was he also judged at that point?

red
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
bingo

already starting out 50 times better then last week

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
lesbian scenes yet ?

red
04-08-2009, 08:17 PM
lesbian scenes yet ?

na, still none

but ben did just flat out shoot some dude with a shotgun, point blank

red
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
so, after seeing john come back to life, i have a new theory

christian, jack and claires dad, was also once a member of the others. maybe a high ranking one or a leader before widmore. he may have been forced off the island like widmore was, and went into a self destructing depresion, just like jack did once he left the island. he dies off the island, and came back to life when the plain crashed. he now seems to be alive and very knowledgeable of things on the island

christian will surprise us with something very big at some point

Bretsky
04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
lesbian scenes yet ?

na, still none

but ben did just flat out shoot some dude with a shotgun, point blank

be sure to let me know and then I'll catch up

When a show is comfy enough to go that route then you know it's hit the big time :!:

Partial
04-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Really good episode of Lost. Christian and Locke are the same thing, whatever they are.

GrnBay007
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Wow! Great episode. Just finished watching the taped version since I missed it last night. I made sure not to read this thread before I watched it.

So I take it Ben did not hurt Penelope? Is that a different actor playing the part of Desmond?

Previews look like next week will be another good one. How many episodes this season?

Partial
04-09-2009, 10:03 AM
No, that was the same actor. Yeah, he let her live since she had a kid. Kind of like not hurting Rousseau I guess.

Kind of weird that he was only judged for letting Alex die, when he has killed so many other people.

Also, it looks like Illana is working for Widmore along with some of the other new survivors? That is what I gathered from that. Perhaps they're setting up the threat from next season, as theres only a few more episodes left this season.

Next week we get the back story of Miles. I am going to hypothesis that he is Marvin Candle's kid. They showed in the season premiere an asian baby, and then Dan asked Miles if he's positive he hasn't been to the island before. Definitely setting that up imo.

GrnBay007
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Kind of weird that he was only judged for letting Alex die, when he has killed so many other people.

Maybe the other killings were viewed as a way to protect the island. Letting Alex die only protected his own butt.

It was funny when Locke said he just wanted an apology....for Ben killing him...lol Crazy stuff.

GrnBay007
04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
One thing I don't understand about that "smoke monster". Mr. Eko was eventually killed by it. Although he led a bad life earlier as a drug lord he did redeem himself and seemed to be nothing but a good person later. Wonder why they had him killed by the smoke monster?

oregonpackfan
04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
That episode demonstrates that Ben is basically a manipulative, cold-hearted killer. Remember the scene where he and Locke are trying to launch a rigger canoe and are confronted by three of the second plane's survivors? Ben simply pulled out a sawed-off shotgun and shot an unarmed man at point blank range.

I found it interesting how the ghost of his daughter came back to threaten and haunt him.

Aaron12odgers
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
One thing I don't understand about that "smoke monster". Mr. Eko was eventually killed by it. Although he led a bad life earlier as a drug lord he did redeem himself and seemed to be nothing but a good person later. Wonder why they had him killed by the smoke monster?

The actor who played Mr. Eko asked the writers to kill him off the show.

Same thing with the actor who played Charlie.

Partial
04-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't think thats right. I've read stuff that speaks to the contrary.

Ecko was a cock, thats why they wrote him out. None of the actors liked working with him. This one is more of a rumor.

Charlie was bummin' hard when they wrote him out, and because his fiance (Kate) is on the show he is still around there despite pseudo being fired. They wrote him out because they needed a heroic, shocking moment like that, and really what else was there to tell of his story? This one is all but confirmed. Charlie was not bitter, but he was pretty upset they cut him from the show.

Aaron12odgers
04-12-2009, 10:45 PM
That episode demonstrates that Ben is basically a manipulative, cold-hearted killer. Remember the scene where he and Locke are trying to launch a rigger canoe and are confronted by three of the second plane's survivors? Ben simply pulled out a sawed-off shotgun and shot an unarmed man at point blank range.

I found it interesting how the ghost of his daughter came back to threaten and haunt him.

Agreed.

Aaron12odgers
04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think thats right. I've read stuff that speaks to the contrary.

Ecko was a cock, thats why they wrote him out. None of the actors liked working with him. This one is more of a rumor.

Charlie was bummin' hard when they wrote him out, and because his fiance (Kate) is on the show he is still around there despite pseudo being fired. They wrote him out because they needed a heroic, shocking moment like that, and really what else was there to tell of his story? This one is all but confirmed. Charlie was not bitter, but he was pretty upset they cut him from the show.

Disagreed.

From what I can gather from lostpedia, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) asked to be written out after his parents died. He wanted to be in London to make a film about them.

Dude was one of lost's hardest working actor. He was totally focused on his role.

As for Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), he didnt feel like his role was leading anywhere, so he asked to be written off.

Charlie was my favorite character. He was charismatic and got along all the other characters.

Partial
04-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'm seeing that now too. DarkUFO(the spoiler guy) has contrary content on his site, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

Partial
04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
On most Lost sites, the episode considered the best episode of the show so far to date in "The Constant", the episode from last season where Desmond was flashing back and forth between past and present, and eventually called Penny to use as his constant.

While I'm not sure that was my favorite (I think the Season 2 or Season 3 finale has to take the cake), all the girls love it because it is just so gosh darn lovey dovey!

Anyway, next week's episode title:

The Variable

Evidently it is the back story of Dan Faraday.

I'm extremely excited. This episode should be great!

Partial
04-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm thinking Bram and Illana are part of the Dharma Initiative.

What lies in the shadow of the statue?

oregonpackfan
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Last night's episode had some profound moments about Miles. It must have been very weird to see himself as a toddler interacting with his parents. He mentioned to Hurley that his Mom "stood behind me in the lunch line." I found that unsettling as I think most mothers would recognize their children even if it was their future child like Miles.

Miles also showed a bit of a conscience when he returned a wad of cash to the middle-aged man whose son had died. Miles had originally told his father he was able to find the feelings of his son, which was a lie. It was against Miles' character traits to seek out the man and return the money.

Deputy Nutz
04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
OPF, He did that because he was pissed at his father for not loving him. I think he did it to spite that father.

oregonpackfan
04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
OPF, He did that because he was pissed at his father for not loving him. I think he did it to spite that father.

Nutz,

I can understand your argument but I don't agree with it. Miles did harbor the resentment that his father didn't love him but he came to realize his father did love him.

Remember the scene at night where Miles is standing outside the window looking at his father holding the toddler Miles in his lap and lovingly point out pictures to him? Miles was moved to the point of tears. He saw that is father did show that he cared for him.

HarveyWallbangers
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Nutz,

I can understand your argument but I don't agree with it. Miles did harbor the resentment that his father didn't love him but he came to realize his father did love him.

Remember the scene at night where Miles is standing outside the window looking at his father holding the toddler Miles in his lap and lovingly point out pictures to him? Miles was moved to the point of tears. He saw that is father did show that he cared for him.

I have to agree with Nutz. At the time that Miles gave back the money, he didn't know that his father loved him. He gave the money back to spite the father. That is why he said that if you felt like your son needed to know you loved him, you should have told him.

GrnBay007
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Just a review tonight? or is there an episode on at 9 ?

Partial
04-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Recap tonight. Dunno why they did that. Next week in the biggie.

GrnBay007
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
That stinks! So this counts as one of the 17 episodes for the season?

Partial
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
No. They'll end up having 18 hours of new lost episodes, not related to these stupid clips shows.

GrnBay007
04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
100th episode next week!!! :D

Partial
04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I read a summary of tonight's episode and my head basically exploded. Hopefully it's clearer on screen.

Partial
04-29-2009, 09:10 PM
So the synposis on DarkUFO's site was wrong. This is the first time they've ever posted something like that that hasn't been true. The Lost producers must be getting more clever.

Very good episode. It's a mind fuck trying to figure out what all this time travel means. In theory, it seems like they would crash again and enter an endless loop.

Partial
04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
So, what I took away from the episode tonight is that Whatever happens, happened, just like the episode title. His Mom knew his fate because in her youth she killed a man claiming to be her son.

The difference this time around? Daniel has his journal that he didn't have originally (since he technically wasn't born yet?), would be my guess, or something to that effect.

My prediction is that Jack and co end up triggering the incident, not preventing it like Faraday was alluding to.

Aaron12odgers
05-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Dharma life has made Sawyer soft. Instead of killing the guy who found out he helped Kate with the Ben thing, or at least knock him unconscious, Sawyer simply tied him up and locked him a closet. Because of that, Sawyer and Juliet are now captured.

What happened to bad-ass Sawyer, con man and all?

Partial
05-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Is he supposed to repeatedly knock him unconscious? He did at the time. Sawyer has always been a regretful person for killing that dude. Clearly, he is a changed man for the better.

He has a life, responsibility and respect now, for the first time.

oregonpackfan
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Do you think Daniel Faraday is indeed dead or will he miraculously survive like young Ben survived a close range shot by skilled assassin Sayid?

Partial
05-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I definitely think he is dead. Thus the remorse of his mother sending him to the island.

SnakeLH2006
05-02-2009, 02:40 AM
Do you think Daniel Faraday is indeed dead or will he miraculously survive like young Ben survived a close range shot by skilled assassin Sayid?

Here's the deal..Faraday said anything "can" happen now he learned as far as the future.

Snake's Take:

He'll be alive at some point as Eko was written off by his real life choosing. Somehow Faraday breaks the mold and will reappear. Sorry, just jumped in this thread as this has been the best LOST season since season #1. Unpredictable good shit.

BTW, just caught Rescue Dawn the other nite (Snake's a big Christian Bale fan.....loved American Psycho...that's me!!!....and really looking forward to the Terminator Salvation aka Terminator 4 as they are doing a trilogy with that shit in the future...FUCK YA!!!!!!...but did you notice in Rescue Dawn..Faraday was a main actor and looked like a puny ass bitch....man for any females...Snake knows a few that think he's hot on Lost...just look at his 85 lb. body and say that then...).

oregonpackfan
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Here's a humorous clip of Dominic Monaghan, who played Charlie, trying to escape his reputation on Lost:

http://www.comcast.net/video/the-soup-get-lost-/1110125624/Comcast/1110569210/

Partial
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
That was a wild episode. Cannot wait for the finale. Only 19 hours of lost left!!!

Aaron12odgers
05-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Locke wants to kill Jacob. I bet we'll have to wait til next season to find out about the outcome.

I think Kate's a bitch. Should've just let kid Ben die. Now the Losties' Dharma lives are fucked. All because Kate wanted to save boy Hitler.

Partial
05-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, as I'm sure we'll find out very soon, they cannot change the future as it will course correct itself. I think we will come to learn that Faraday was wrong.

Jacob was cast as a young guy(20 something) and an old guy for the next episode, so I suspect we'll be seeing him in 70s and the current time.

oregonpackfan
05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
It appears that Dr. Chang now accepts the visitors from the future, including his son Miles. As you recall, the show has him evacuating many people from the island.

I think Chang is going to have a major part in what happens for the next episode and season.

SnakeLH2006
05-09-2009, 01:53 AM
It appears that Dr. Chang now accepts the visitors from the future, including his son Miles. As you recall, the show has him evacuating many people from the island.

I think Chang is going to have a major part in what happens for the next episode and season.

Changs the man. I like that guy. Sure looks like he sacrifices himself at some point for the "good" of the island. And BTW, Faraday is too good of a character to just let die. Snake says let him live!!!

Partial
05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm very surprised the finale plot hasn't been leaked out this year like the last three years. The only episode summary to leak out this year outside of the first episode(it typically has a screening) was an incorrect summary, so the producers must be getting better at keeping things under wraps.

Partial
05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Who's excited for the finale tonight? Two hours of glorious Lost.

Partial
05-13-2009, 05:06 PM

Changs the man. I like that guy. Sure looks like he sacrifices himself at some point for the "good" of the island. And BTW, Faraday is too good of a character to just let die. Snake says let him live!!!

I don't think Chang will sacrifice himself. I thought he was killed in the Purge? He has to live beyond the incident because in the videos for the Dharma stations, he references the incident. It did take his arm, though, as we've seen in the videos. Tonight we find out what the incident is!

GrnBay007
05-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Pretty good so far!

What do you suppose is in that big box/trunk they are carrying?

Partial
05-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, that was a crazy episode. I'm simply not sure what to think at all at this point. Wow. At least we know they didn't cause the accident, and that it happened on its own.

Didn't really understand the whole jacob thing. Wish I had understood the beginning better.

GrnBay007
05-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Great show!!

What the heck is going on with the double Locke? Dang......Widmore involved in that whole deal maybe?

Partial
05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I interpreted it as follows:

The guy saying "Help Me" in the cabin to Locke was not Jacob, but that other guy from the beginning who didn't seem to like Jacob (I need to rewatch this scene). When the ashes broke, he got out somehow, and took on the character of John.

Thus, the fake john had the real john killed? Don't know how that works but sure.

Regardless, I think this guy is affiliated with the monster, because in the temple we saw a carving of the monster facing the statue.

Partial
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x12-glyphs/c-users-thad-pictures-lost-season-5-5x12-5x1200001.jpg

Jacob is clearly represented by the statue thing that he stays in. I don't think the Cabin was ever his. Which begs the question of why did Ben think it was?

Seems to me the Cabin housed that other guy? Especially after the help me. Seems he was trapped by the ashe?

Anyone else think this pic from the temple looks like they're fighting? Or am I grasping at strings that aren't there?

GrnBay007
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM
well, the pic of the statue is reaching out to the "smoke monster" ....looks to be in a friendly way. I don't see fighting.

Partial
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I really don't think it's friendly. That guy clearly has smoke monster esque powers if he's not the smoke monster himself. I just rewatched the beginning and end, and it's crystal clear that that guy is Locke at the end.

SnakeLH2006
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
A couple of things Snake picked up and think MAY be what is happening:

The real Locke is NOT the murderous Locke (Jacob in the finale acted much like the Locke we know), so indeed Locke may be Jacob, or in fact, the Smoke Monster (as Locke disappeared when Ben saw it a few episodes ago) or he may be Jacob's buddy at the very beginning of the finale at the beach when Jacob was eating his fish. Reincarnations indeed.

Either way, it looks like Sawyer will be the rogue badass (thank god) in the last season, as he'll blame Jack for Juliet's death. I always liked Jack (some hate him) but seems like he's got a lot of problems and looks pretty human in dealing with it all. Great character's all over the board, but the finale just invited more questions, then delivering of answers. :bang: Still, gotta love this season 5 (felt 2-4 were pretty lackluster, but glad I stuck through it).

BTW: That crazy Egyptian mythology stuff actually makes sense in a a crazy Lost type of way (glad it's not aliens or something just off the wall), and damn is it interesting stuff!

red
05-14-2009, 05:27 AM
the locke at the end was definatly the guy from the beach. jacob talks to him about finding a loophole in the beginning, and also to locke at the end. but at what point did he become locke?

very cool episode, too bad we have to wait almost a year to find out what was going on

Deputy Nutz
05-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I think the guy next to Jacob in the beginning of the show seems to take on the form of the people that are already dead when they come to the Island. Jack's father took to the cabin, he seemed to point Locke in the right direction to get off the Island to bring everyone back.

This is all just a big guess at this point, but that is my take on it.

Partial
05-14-2009, 09:02 AM
the locke at the end was definatly the guy from the beach. jacob talks to him about finding a loophole in the beginning, and also to locke at the end. but at what point did he become locke?

very cool episode, too bad we have to wait almost a year to find out what was going on

One has to assume it was the Locke the entire time once they were back on the island. Of course, that raises the question of how did he know John would come back dead, etc.

IMO, that same guy was also Christian and was pulling a lot of strings. He was the help me guy from the cabin. How did the ring of ash break that allowed him to get out? That's the question I would like to know.

oregonpackfan
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
I thought it was very eerie how Jacob turned up in the lives of many of the characters before they reached the island:

--he bailed out around 10 year old Kate when she was caught shoplifting a lunch box.

--he comforted young Jack on the day of his parents funeral

--he comforted John Locke who had been pushed out of an eight story window but survived only to be paralyzed below his waist

--he distracted Sayid in what appeared to be a deliberate car crash killing Sayid's wife.

--he rode a taxi with Hurley after Hurley had been released from prison.

Will Sayid survive after being shot in the gut?

Did Juliette really set off the Hydrogen bomb with her trying to ignite it with a rock?

If the bomb did explode will it keep the plane from ever crashing on the island?

I thought a touching scene was some of the original characters finding Rose and Bernard. They were living in the jungle as contented hermits hiding themselves from the rest of the inhibitants.

Rose has always been an endearing character to me. After the island seemed to cure her cancer, she was always a calming emotional rock who held a lot of the characters together.

Overall, I though the season's finale was a true blockbuster--one of the best season finales I have ever seen.

Partial
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
The theme of good and evil was prevalent again with the logo change too. Typically it is black with white lettering. Both times it was shown after Jacob died it was white with black lettering. Very deliberate.

oregonpackfan
05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Other questions I have are:

1. What will become of Ben now that he has killed Jacob?

2. What will Charles Widmark do in regards to Ben? Widmark has been an enemy of Ben. Both men have been trying to kill each other.

twoseven
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
i cannot begin to guess at what eaxctly is going on considering all of the complexities the show presented last night (cabin and ash, potential holy warriors, nuke saving the day? etc.), but a few of my thoughts on Jacob and his opposite in the dark top:

-jacob in white and other guy in a dark top..good and evil, higher powers that hold opposite views on mankind?

-jacob has been getting one group of people to come to the island after another for eons in an attempt to 'prove something', dark top observes no matter who shows up they always resort to self destruction eventually, though jacob is convinced that eventually something will work out.

-the above sounds to me like an evil or negative higher power's inability to have faith that man can be peaceful and good, they will always destroy themselves if you give them enough time. all the while the good entitiy believes in man and that he can redeem himself?

-Jacob showing up in the lives of all the Losties was a complex attempt to assemble the group of people that could come to the island (by altering their fates through his interactions, leading them to all end up on 815 one day) and finally 'prove Jacob right', as opposed to the eventual doom the Dark shirt mentioned had always happened. BTW, in my opinion Jacob touched Locke on the shoulder and brought him back to life..the fall out the widow killed him.

-island seems as close to a Garden of Eden as you can get..wasn't man kicked out of Eden after breaking the rules? might Jacob represent the side that believes man deserves a second chance in Eden? (lest we forget, waaaaay back in season one a pair of skeletons were found by Jack and Co. in a cave on the island..they were nicknamed Adam and Eve by the producers of the show and we were told that Adam and Eve would be part of the show later on) ((speaking of second chances at a better life, that appears to be the resounding theme of all of the characters on the show))

-dark top wants to kill Jacob..Dark top killing Jacob is evil conquering good? or simply a higher power that believes man should stay out of Eden finally foiling the attempts of another higher power to allow mortals into paradise?

-Jacob and dark shirt not able to harm one another, Dark shirt had to assume identity of Locke and trick a mortal Ben into doing it..loophole.

-Jacob 'made Richard this way'. Richard was made immortal by a higher power to serve as an advisor to man to try and maintain a healthy balance on the island?

i'm not up on my bible studies these days, but much of this seems way too theological in nature to just be ignored

GrnBay007
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought it was very eerie how Jacob turned up in the lives of many of the characters before they reached the island:

Did you notice that he physically touched each of them?

red
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
i sure hope jacob isn't dead

we just finally got to see him and learn something about him, and he turns out to be an awesome character. then all of a sudden he's dead

now, who are the other survivors from the plane, the ones with lockes body that calls themselves the "good guys". they seem to be above richard alpert. and jacob mentioned that "they're here" when he was dying. they seem to be people that were on the island once before, maybe they were there with jacob originally?

it'll be interesting to see their back story

i think a war is coming next season

oregonpackfan
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM

Did you notice that he physically touched each of them?

That was a common practice that Jacob did with many of the characters.

But did he touch Sayid? If you recall, Sayid and his wife were about to cross an L.A. Street. Jacob distracted Sayid by talking to him. Sayid's wife stopped in the middle of the crosswalk and a car appeared to deliberately hit her and sped off.

In an earlier episode, Ben had convinced Sayid's wife was the victim of a conspiracy. For a while, Sayid acted as a hitman for Ben for members of the alleged conspiracy.

Do you think Jacob was part of this conspiracy?

gex
11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Whens this start airing again, Jan?
I still have the season finale on my dvr and watch the beginning from time to time..with jacob and the other guy on the beach with that big ass statue.

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 12:43 AM
This will be the last season of Lost too, right?

Partial
11-04-2009, 12:52 AM

Yes.

It starts in January.

SnakeLH2006
11-06-2009, 10:56 PM

Yes.

It starts in January.

Nope....2 more seasons...and don't expect Elizabeth Mitchell to survive that awesome cliffhanger finale....she's locked into the starring role on the new ABC Sci-Fi hit "V".

Partial
11-07-2009, 02:12 AM

Yes.

It starts in January.

Nope....2 more seasons...and don't expect Elizabeth Mitchell to survive that awesome cliffhanger finale....she's locked into the starring role on the new ABC Sci-Fi hit "V".

Nah this is the last season. Juliet is dead but she is in sweveral episodes according to Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeldolf.

gex
02-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Well, not too many questions answered and a whole new mess of characters brought in to kill off.
Wonder what the man in black/Locke/Smoke monster meant when he said he wanted to go home? Fallen angel who got kicked outta heaven you think?
Also, how long has Ben been going to that cabin getting instructions while thinking they were coming from Jacob. I'm under the impression that was never Jacobs cabin but Smokeys prison the whole time.(well maybe a long time ago it might of been Jacobs)

red
02-04-2010, 11:20 AM
well, we got one long standing mystery from season 1 solved, well 2 actually

that one guy is the smoke monster

and richard alpert was the missing slave from the black rock

red
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
well, we're in the last season and right now the writers are just piling on the questions like crazy and still not answering much

i have a bad feeling were going to be left with a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the series

i'll blow a freaking nut if the show ends with a black screen with journey playing in the background

gex
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
well, we're in the last season and right now the writers are just piling on the questions like crazy and still not answering much

i have a bad feeling were going to be left with a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the series

i'll blow a freaking nut if the show ends with a black screen with journey playing in the background

lol :lol:

Brando19
03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Well...here's my theory with 10 episodes left.

The Smoke Monster/John Locke is Satan. He's the Devil himself. The island is hell. Locke said he has been on that island (hell) for a very long time and he wants off the island. He has followers on the island and he promises them anything they want in return for their service (soul). He cannot be killed. I believe Jacob may have been an angel that was watching over Satan on the island, but he was overthrown. The temple was a safe place on the island, as well.

I don't know. That's my take on the whacky show. What's everyone else think?

Brando19
03-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Anyone here still watching this show?

ThunderDan
03-10-2010, 08:16 PM

Last night's episode may have been the best ever. The "redemption" of Ben.

Brando19
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM

I believe there's gonna be hell to pay for Ben double crossing "Locke" and not joining him and his followers.

ThunderDan
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM

I believe there's gonna be hell to pay for Ben double crossing "Locke" and not joining him and his followers.

I think Ben may be one the Canidates only because Locke told him he could be in charge of the Island.

gex
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
WE VANT ANSWERS NOW!!

gex
04-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Just a few episodes left and they have answered a few questions, but so many more to go.
They could prolly stop with the side story filler shit and just stick to the island and all its mysteries for the last 4 shows......but they wont

red
04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Just a few episodes left and they have answered a few questions, but so many more to go.
They could prolly stop with the side story filler shit and just stick to the island and all its mysteries for the last 4 shows......but they wont

no doubt. the side stories are my least favorite part of the show

twoseven
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
got a feeling you're going to see the finale and those side stories will tie massivley into things, to the point that you'll have to see them again. have a sneaking suspicion they are not going to give all the answers. they almost seem relegated into just letting us know the guy in black needs to be stopped, one of the candidates will be there to pick up the slack once its over, and they need to get that alterante reality tied up..which desmond is doing as we speak. i am getting ready to be disapointed in how they finish it off after all they have introduced over all the seasons.

gex
05-13-2010, 01:03 PM
So is Smokey Jacob's brother or is it something from the lighted tunnel?
I'm pretty sure its Jacob's brother but was doing some reading on the forums and it got me wondering?

red
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
good question gex

i think its something from the lighted tunnel that jumped into the dead brother (could it be the smoke monster itself that can take over others bodies?), the same thing that jumps into jacks dad later and then locke

i'm thinking he convinced jacob that he was still alive and manipulated him for many years to come

it was very interesting to see that the brother wasn't originally a bad guy at all, but a good person who was curious and emotional

i gotta say, this weeks episode was one of my favorites

Brando19
05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm so pissed off right now. I just finished the finale..and I'm not going to ruin it for everyone...but what the hell just happened? Six years of questions leads to more f****** questions!

red
05-23-2010, 10:50 PM
i loved it, but it did lead to a lot more questions

but would you really want lost to answer everything?

Brando19
05-23-2010, 11:01 PM
i loved it, but it did lead to a lot more questions

but would you really want lost to answer everything?

It didn't answer alot........SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED FINALE!..........................

Red...what did you make of it? When the light went out...Locke and Jack could be killed by one another...or anyone else for that matter. That was ok...but I thought Locke got killed off too quick. What happened to the island in the end? Did it sink? How did Hugo and Ben die? It never showed. Why did Ben not go into the church? Was he going to hell? Everyone in the church in the end...were they leaving to go to heaven? Were they dead since the beginning of Season one when the plane crashed? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

TravisWilliams23
05-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Agree there are too many unanswered questions.

Walt seemed to be a very important character in season 1.
Why no closure on him?

Throughout most of the show, Sayid had the hots for Nadia.
How comes he ends up with Shannon?

Bad guy - man in black - Locke got killed way too easily.

How does the Dharma initiative tie into all of this?

I could go on and on but what's the use.

I enjoyed the 6 year run but the ending sucked big time. IMO :D

Deputy Nutz
05-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Best Series finally ever.

I understand that some of the questions on this show were not answered, but I don't think they needed to be.

The bottom line, Jack saved the Island, so the Island was safe, and all the lost connections, the connections and characters that made the show so damn good were back together again.

It all made sense in the end

red
05-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Agree there are too many unanswered questions.

Walt seemed to be a very important character in season 1.
Why no closure on him?

because walt was easily the worst character on the show. that's the big mystery IMO from the final. why are some there and others are missing. why are people like abby and juliette there (who were not on the plane), yet others like echo, walt and his dad were not there.

Throughout most of the show, Sayid had the hots for Nadia.
How comes he ends up with Shannon?

sayid moved on from nadia on the island by falling in love with shannon in the first or second season. it made perfect sense to me

Bad guy - man in black - Locke got killed way too easily.

nah, him and jack had both become mortal, MIB was about to kill jack when kate saved the day. at least MIB was able to put up a fight, jacob died way too easy IMO

How does the Dharma initiative tie into all of this? they were there trying to figure out why the island was there and what its power was.

I could go on and on but what's the use.

I enjoyed the 6 year run but the ending sucked big time. IMO :D

at first, when jack died, i thought it was all some weird dream and that they all died in the crash. but then i slept on it. what happened on the island was real. what happened in that alternate dimension was some sort of afterlife.

another thing i picked up was that hurley and ben ran the island for quite awhile after jack died. thats was my big tip that they didn't die in the crash.

i don't know everything. i did love the ending though. we're left with a lot of questions that are going to stay with us for a long time.

the show is allowing us to think about and draw our own conclusions

red
05-24-2010, 08:34 AM
the one thing that really pissed me off was the massive amount of commercials. abc milked every last dime out of this episode

the show lasted two and a half hours. however the show was only 1:4 long, that leave 45 minutes worth of commercials. 5 minutes of commercials after every 10 minutes of show seemed way too much and to me, really killed the flow of the show

GrnBay007
05-25-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm really going to miss the show!!!!

I was late following the show....one of those that rented the first seasons to get caught up. Glad I did and it didn't take long to get hooked.

red
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm really going to miss the show!!!!

I was late following the show....one of those that rented the first seasons to get caught up. Glad I did and it didn't take long to get hooked.

i was the exact same way

i rented season one at the video store because i couldn't find anything else to watch.

i always thought it was a "more" scripted version of survivor

i was hooked about 10 minutes into the first episode

Upnorth
06-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Aside from football and hockey the only show I watched was LOST, and both my wife and I were sadly addicted.
I would have liked more answers heading into the finale, but the finale was almost perfect.
I bought all the previous seasons, so now that we know the big picture it will be fun to go back and watch from the start again.

As an aside, did anyone else notice in the 2 hour recap that every season except season 2 was mentioned? I think they did not want to bring up most of the characters from the tail section.