PDA

View Full Version : Packers To Celebrate 10th Anniversary Of Super Bowl XXXI

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Packers To Celebrate 10th Anniversary Of Super Bowl XXXI In 2006

posted 07/07/2006

SEASON TO FEATURE ANNIVERSARY LOGO, VARIETY OF TRIBUTES

The Green Bay Packers today announced plans to celebrate the 10th anniversary season of the Super Bowl XXXI Championship during the upcoming season.

An anniversary logo was created to mark the occasion and it will be a prominent feature on many team items.

"Winning the Super Bowl after the 1996 season was a tremendous accomplishment for the team and an awesome experience for our fans, and with this season marking the 10th anniversary, the organization wanted to honor that team's championship," said Packers Chairman/CEO Bob Harlan. "I think the fans will enjoy some of the things we have planned which will conjure up some great memories and allow us all to relive exciting moments."

Among the items that will feature the anniversary logo are the team's Gameday Program, the media guide and the Packers Yearbook.

Packers ticket holders will enjoy the logo on their tickets as well as exciting pictures from the Super Bowl.

On game days inside Lambeau Field, the TundraVision video boards will play vignettes featuring key moments from the Super Bowl.

The Packers Pro Shop will offer selected items that feature the anniversary logo, as well as merchandise that has logos from all three Super Bowls - I, II and XXXI - won by the team.

The retail outlet also will offer a commemorative pin program from Activa that will feature many of the Super Bowl team's key players, including Brett Favre, Reggie White, LeRoy Butler, Edgar Bennett and William Henderson. The pin program follows up last year's popular medallion set.

And for video fans, the popular highlight film from the Super Bowl season has been re-issued on DVD and already is available through the Packers Pro Shop.

On the Internet, the team's Web site, www.packers.com, will feature articles throughout the year that will look back at many of the season's exciting moments and catch up with players that helped win the championship.

Players from the 1996 team also will be involved in some of the team's activities, with details to be announced at a later date.

Fosco33
07-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Funny how they didn't include Howard - the MVP of the game - on that pin....

MadtownPacker
07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Well what better way to celebrate then by winning another one this season. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Well what better way to celebrate then by winning another one this season. :mrgreen:

Ya think Mad.

I hoping that we get there sometime before Favre retires around 40 year's of age. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
You play on carpet.
We play on grass.

You thirst for your first championship.
We've won twelve.

You're big city crime.
We're small town values.

You hate your rich, dumb owner.
We ARE the owner.

You're an expansion team.
We were founded in 1919.

Your franchise is on the next train out of town.
Ours will be here forever.

We're the Green Bay Packers.
You're just... another team.

GO PACKERS ! You'll always be OUR Team

Tony Oday
07-07-2006, 02:55 PM
all the rest of you are slackers!!!!!!!
I love my Green Bay Packers!!!!

AtlPackFan
07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
You play on carpet.
We play on grass.

We've won twelve.

You're big city crime.
We're small town values.

We ARE the owner.

We were founded in 1919.

Wow...I like this. Is it an original Buck! Can I borrow it...I'd like to forward it on to my fellow co-workers who are all Falcon fans.

KYPack
07-08-2006, 10:36 AM
You play on carpet.
We play on grass.

To quote the late, great Tug McGraw;

Goofy Interviewer - "Tug, what do you like better, grass or Astro-Turf"?

Tug - " I don't know, I never smoked Astro Turf"!

GBRulz
07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
Maybe I'm the odd one out (no comments, please) but I find it more of a depressing thing than something to celebrate.

I can't believe it's been 10 fricken years already. I remember it as if it were yesterday. Guess I wasn't drunk enough

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe I'm the odd one out (no comments, please) but I find it more of a depressing thing than something to celebrate.

I can't believe it's been 10 fricken years already. I remember it as if it were yesterday. Guess I wasn't drunk enough

I think it was because it was a memory that remains inside of YOU GBMichele.

Oh LORD what we would give of OURSELVES to see Favre there again with just that REAL chance.

GO PACKERS ! Make it happen TT.

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 02:36 PM
You play on carpet.
We play on grass.

We've won twelve.

You're big city crime.
We're small town values.

We ARE the owner.

We were founded in 1919.

Wow...I like this. Is it an original Buck! Can I borrow it...I'd like to forward it on to my fellow co-workers who are all Falcon fans.

Ahhhhh no ,well let me think,but maybe ,let me see ,I do not know ahhhh well. Well Packer fan of course you can.

It's what it is for YOU man.

I just discovered it yesterday, AtlPackFan. Use it as you desire.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
07-08-2006, 02:40 PM
You play on carpet.
We play on grass.

To quote the late, great Tug McGraw;

Goofy Interviewer - "Tug, what do you like better, grass or Astro-Turf"?

Tug - " I don't know, I never smoked Astro Turf"!

Ahhh hahahahaha - EXCELLENT !

KY I'm really looking forward to this season whatrever may come of it.

We are Packer Fans and it doesn't get any better than that. We are so fortunate to have this site to grow together in.

GO PACKERS !

Bretsky
07-08-2006, 06:16 PM

It was the first Super Bowl I witnessed so I have fond memories, but if you would have asked me 10 years ago I'd surely have thought we'd have another one or two by now

GBRulz
07-08-2006, 10:42 PM

It was the first Super Bowl I witnessed so I have fond memories, but if you would have asked me 10 years ago I'd surely have thought we'd have another one or two by now

I agree totally, B..

XXXII should have been a given, but our D decided not to show up that day, among other things....

And of course, we'll always wonder what our life would be like without "4th and 26th" in our vocabulary.

packerpete
07-09-2006, 01:39 AM
This 10 year celebration thing seems like a loser concept.

Sounds like the Packers of the 70's and 80's to me, always looking back because the road ahead was pothole filled with no hope for anything.

Lame, Lame, Lame. I really do not like the marketing crap this smacks of, I will NOT be partaking of any of the 10 year reminescent kool aid meetings.

As an aside, has anyone ever heard of any other SB winning franchises doing something of this sort? I have not, and I hope it doesnt catch on.

the_idle_threat
07-09-2006, 02:29 AM
I agree with packerpete.

Maybe next year we can celebrate the 10-year anniversary of losing Super Bowl XXXII. :roll:

GBRulz
07-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree with packerpete.

Maybe next year we can celebrate the 10-year anniversary of losing Super Bowl XXXII. :roll:

hell, why don't I just add insult to injury and mention that I can celebrate 4th and 26th on the year that I turn 40!

the_idle_threat
07-09-2006, 11:46 PM
:sad:

:lol: