PDA

View Full Version : Another Giants WR shoots himself...

packers11
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Giants WR Taye Biddle is recovering from gunshot wounds to his hand after being shot while visiting family in Alabama Sunday night.

Biddle was treated and released from a local hospital, and there's no evidence that he provoked the shooting. Biddle was promoted from the Giants practice squad after Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg in November. The rest of the Giants receivers should probably lock themselves in their houses for the offseason. :lol:

Source: Associated Press

GrnBay007
01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
They need to add Gun Safety classes for all rookies of the NFL. :D

KYPack
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Damn,

That's a classic.

That team has gone stone goofy.

pbmax
01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
They need to add Gun Safety classes for all rookies of the NFL. :D
And invite the entire extended family. :lol:

Joemailman
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Well, at least no one can say the Giants don't have enough weapons on offense. :rs:

I hear the Giants have redesigned their uniform pants. They'll now come with holsters. :rs:

channtheman
01-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, at least no one can say the Giants don't have enough weapons on offense. :rs:

I hear the Giants have redesigned their uniform pants. They'll now come with holsters. :rs:

:lol: :lol: Hilarious!

oregonpackfan
01-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Will coach Tom Coughlin be advocating gun control for his players? :)

swede
01-23-2009, 08:40 AM
In a gesture of support to his wounded teammates, Giants' kicker John Carney attempted to shoot himself as well...but he missed wide to the right.

:rs:

sheepshead
01-23-2009, 09:50 AM

nicely done!

Pack-man
01-23-2009, 10:13 AM

I heard that instead of flak jackets all Giant receivers are now required to wear bullet proof vests.

Patler
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
With Burress gone and the draft coming up, the Giants may take aim at bagging another high caliber receiver. However, their depth is thin, so rather than targeting just one or two in early rounds, they may take a shotgun approach and set their sights on several through out the draft.

Guiness
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
that's just fricken bizarre.

The way it's spun, it could well be just a hunting accident. Maybe he hangs with Cheney?

swede
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Giants' Equipment Guy Trips Over Another Gun in Locker Room and Pitches Big Fit During Team Meeting:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/charltonheston1.jpg

KYPack
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Biddle got shot, as opposed to the usual "Giant Way" of shooting yourself.

They still can't exactly figure out why or how the shooting went down.

Rastak
01-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Biddle got shot, as opposed to the usual "Giant Way" of shooting yourself.

They still can't exactly figure out why or how the shooting went down.

Yea, a guy got shot by someone, he didn't shoot himself. I guess I'm missing the whole point of this thread. A guy minding his own business is fired upon and this is funny stuff?

Plax was a moron and blasted himself. I get that but not sure I understand this one.

RashanGary
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Yea, a guy got shot by someone, he didn't shoot himself. I guess I'm missing the whole point of this thread. A guy minding his own business is fired upon and this is funny stuff?

Plax was a moron and blasted himself. I get that but not sure I understand this one.

You don't see any irony in this?

Rastak
01-23-2009, 07:08 PM

Afraid not.

1) Dumbass shoots self.
2) Guy is attacked.

Same team, different people, different circumastances. I do know what irony means. What has this guy done or said to make this ironic?

Patler
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM

Afraid not.

1) Dumbass shoots self.
2) Guy is attacked.

Same team, different people, different circumastances. I do know what irony means. What has this guy done or said to make this ironic?

Ras;
I have to admit, I understood the situation differently at first. Either I mis-read something, or an article was not clear; but my initial impression was that he was shot accidentally by someone he was with. If it was a random act, a stray bullet or something like that it is a totally different situation than if he was with the person who shot him accidentally.

One comparison to Burress is as you noted:
1) Dumbass shoots self.
2) Guy is attacked.

the other is:
1) Dumbass shoots self.
2) Guy is with dumbass who shoots him instead of self.

Rastak
01-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Afraid not.

1) Dumbass shoots self.
2) Guy is attacked.

Ras;
I have to admit, I understood the situation differently at first. Either I mis-read something, or an article was not clear; but my initial impression was that he was shot accidentally by someone he was with. If it was a random act, a stray bullet or something like that it is a totally different situation than if he was with the person who shot him accidentally.

I thought maybe the original poster had known more than what he posted because it really didn't sound like the guy had shot himself from what I saw. Either way, damn lucky the dude is still drawing breath.

edit: THAT would be ironic perhaps.

gbgary
01-23-2009, 07:55 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Giants WR Taye Biddle is recovering from gunshot wounds to his hand after being shot while visiting family in Alabama Sunday night.

Biddle was treated and released from a local hospital, and there's no evidence that he provoked the shooting. Biddle was promoted from the Giants practice squad after Plaxico Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg in November. The rest of the Giants receivers should probably lock themselves in their houses for the offseason. :lol:

Source: Associated Press

but they all have guns. :shock:

Rastak
01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Okay JH, there was some irony there. You were right. I didn't realize the dude replaced Burris.

Still not funny but somewhat ironic for sure.

RashanGary
01-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I didn't really think it was funny. Ironic, definitely worth mentioning and I can see how some couldn't resist firing off a couple jokes.