PDA

View Full Version : JS BLOG ABOUT SENIOR BOWL SCOUTING- COOL BREAKDOWN

Bretsky
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/38195514.html

digitaldean
01-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the link, B.

Sounds like the Pack front office is covering all the bases. Positive piece. Let's hope it results in an impact first rounder!

Fritz
01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow. A positive piece. Glad for the change, and glad to get some info about how Thompson & Co. actually go about their business.

And if the article is to be believed, TT and Company are pretty darn thorough.

Bretsky
01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Wow. A positive piece. Glad for the change, and glad to get some info about how Thompson & Co. actually go about their business.

Seems to me I have some vindication of the Odell Thurman love

Had I interviewed him clearly I'd have drafted a superstar instead :lol:

Bossman641
01-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Cool article. Sounds like TT and co. are very thorough.

Fritz
01-23-2009, 06:15 AM

Of course. You'd have drafted Justin Tuck, who was a third round pick.

The Pack, by the way, took Terrence Murphy (I think he would've been very good) and Nick Collins in that second round. I was in an airport in New York when I saw it in a newspaper, and I though "WTF?" Shows you how much I know.

Here's his status now: "On June 2, 2008, Sports Illustrated reported Odell, recently cut by the Bengals, had failed his second drug test in 3 seasons. [14]

On June 6, 2008, ESPN reported Odell had been suspended by the NFL indefinitely. As part of the ruling, Thurman cannot apply for reinstatement until after the 2008 season. [15]"

Hey, do you remember on this board that that same year so many people were hot on Thomas Davis, a big safety from, I think, Georgia?

Does he still play, do you know?

Bretsky, I imagine that Ron Wolf was just as thorough - so do you ever wonder how a guy like Torrance Marshall made it through any kind of interview whatsoever?

Rastak
01-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Yea, Davis still plays for Carolina....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaviTh20.htm

RashanGary
01-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Didn't he (Thomas Davis) also knock Terrence Murphy out of the NFL with a ST's hit? If I recall correctly, he was drafted a couple spots in front of us anyway (somewhere around 16) and we picked in the 20's.

EDIT: I also saw him in a recent Panther game. I remember the announcers really talking him up like he was almost a probowler or something to that effect. We have Rodgers and Collins though. Can't complain.

Bretsky
01-23-2009, 07:32 AM

Of course. You'd have drafted Justin Tuck, who was a third round pick.

The Pack, by the way, took Terrence Murphy (I think he would've been very good) and Nick Collins in that second round. I was in an airport in New York when I saw it in a newspaper, and I though "WTF?" Shows you how much I know.

Here's his status now: "On June 2, 2008, Sports Illustrated reported Odell, recently cut by the Bengals, had failed his second drug test in 3 seasons. [14]

On June 6, 2008, ESPN reported Odell had been suspended by the NFL indefinitely. As part of the ruling, Thurman cannot apply for reinstatement until after the 2008 season. [15]"

Hey, do you remember on this board that that same year so many people were hot on Thomas Davis, a big safety from, I think, Georgia?

Does he still play, do you know?

Bretsky, I imagine that Ron Wolf was just as thorough - so do you ever wonder how a guy like Torrance Marshall made it through any kind of interview whatsoever?

Yes, Thomas Davis was a LB safety tweener; he's still on Carolina and I think he's a decent player

pack4to84
01-23-2009, 09:17 AM
more Senior Bowl stuff
Practice Day 4 - Afternoon
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2009practice7.php

Practice Day 4 - Morning
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2009practice6.php

the rest of the practices
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2009.php

pack4to84
01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Walterfootball mock draft 1/22/2009

Green Bay Packers: B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College
With the hiring of Dom Capers, the Packers will be switching to a 3-4. The centerpiece to any 3-4 is a monstrous, run-stuffing nose tackle - something Green Bay currently lacks.

Matt McGuire has done an excellent job with his 2009 Senior Bowl Updates. In them, you can read all about how B.J. Raji has debacled opposing offensive linemen all week. Raji has really risen his stock, and luckily for him, there's a team at No. 9 that could really use his services. An alternative here would be Everette Brown.

pack4to84
01-23-2009, 09:23 AM
for you gamblers out there here is inside tip
By Matt McGuire

Let's just say if you can find a Vegas point spread for this game, bet the North team and bet them BIG.

vince
01-23-2009, 09:45 AM
One of the more impressive players I saw on the day was SMU punter Thomas Morstead. He was getting serious hang time and distance on his punts, often booming them from the 45 yard line to the fence behind the near end zone. He also put great touch and control on his punts, as they had a clean spiral. While McAfee and Veikune were dogging, he was honing his craft, working. Morstead is one to watch on Draft Day, and I think his name will be called in the fifth or sixth rounds. TT went to SMU did he not? Could he be a TT guy?

run pMc
01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
don't think i've ever seen the word "debacled" before...the conversion of nouns into verbs continues...