3. Western Michigan FS Louis Delmas
4. Alabama C Antoine Caldwell
5. Southern Miss TE Shawn Nelson
6. Wake Forest CB Alphonso Smith
7. Northern Illinois DE Larry English
8. USC LB Brian Cushing
9. Virginia Tech CB Macho Harris
10. California C Alex Mack

Honorable mentions: NC State RB Andre Brown; Ohio State WR Brian Robiskie, Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias, Washington State WR Brandon Gibson, Oklahoma State TE Brandn Pettigrew, UConn OT William Beatty, USC DE Kyle Moore, Oklahoma LB Nik Harris, Maryland LB Moise Fokuo, Oregon DB Patrick Chung, Alabama FS Rashad Johnson, Oregon State CB Keenan Lewis, .

Which player(s) should TT consider drafting?

KYPack
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
A "need" pick.

Virginia Tech CB Macho Harris

We gotta have that name.

Waldo
01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
No Oher or Maualuga on the list. :shock:

Their stock is looking like the Dow last September.

http://images.goldworld.com/20080121_stock_market_crash_of_2008_CFC_chart.png

Waldo
01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
A combination of Raji in the first and English in the second would be ridiculous.

I really like Delmas, but he'll be gone by our second pick. English might be there though, he is a really good pass rusher (best one in mobile aside from Raji), but dude's pretty useless to a 4-3 team (he's a 6'2", 255 lb DE), but he could be quite good as a 3-4 OLB.

Lurker64
01-23-2009, 05:23 PM

By all accounts (and from what I've seen), Maualuga had a terrible Senior Bowl week. Perhaps he'll make up for it in the actual game, but he wasn't even the best linebacker from USC at the Senior Bowl practices.

Perhaps he'll be there in the second? Though I'm not sure he has a position in the pros outside of Mike in a 4-3 where you don't ask him to cover.

Waldo
01-23-2009, 05:24 PM

By all accounts (and from what I've seen), Maualuga had a terrible Senior Bowl week. Perhaps he'll make up for it in the actual game, but he wasn't even the best linebacker from USC at the Senior Bowl practices.

Perhaps he'll be there in the second? Though I'm not sure he has a position in the pros outside of Mike in a 4-3 where you don't ask him to cover.

Hodge v2.0?

Cushing looked outstanding though. He has all the tools to be a great 4-3 SLB at the pro level, possibly even 3-4 SOLB.

DonHutson
01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
A combination of Raji in the first and English in the second would be ridiculous.

That was my thought as well.

mission
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Kiper had Oher going at 28 in his SportsCenter mock draft ... like a lead balloon, I say... :D

Lurker64
01-23-2009, 08:48 PM

Hodge v2.0?

I think so. I mean, Maualuga is probably better than Hodge, but they're the same type of player: a physical intimidator and hitter who has questionable range, speed, and fluidity. The sort of player that will get everybody excited when he lays the wood to someone, but isn't going to be a reliable everydown player, at least initially in his career.

If you put him in a defense where the MLB's job is to knock the $@$(*! out of people and don't ask him to cover, he'll probably be fine, but I don't know of any such defense. The fact that, even unlike Hodge, he has bitten on every single play action fake he's ever seen in college, is a little worrisome.

rbaloha1
01-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Hodge v2.0?

I think so. I mean, Maualuga is probably better than Hodge, but they're the same type of player: a physical intimidator and hitter who has questionable range, speed, and fluidity. The sort of player that will get everybody excited when he lays the wood to someone, but isn't going to be a reliable everydown player, at least initially in his career.

If you put him in a defense where the MLB's job is to knock the $@$(*! out of people and don't ask him to cover, he'll probably be fine, but I don't know of any such defense. The fact that, even unlike Hodge, he has bitten on every single play action fake he's ever seen in college, is a little worrisome.

RM has actually improved in this area and is more disciplined as opposed to earlier in his career. Instincts, range and angles are solid.

IMO still unworthy of a #9 pick. Questions about dropping into coverage remain.

Players possibly available at #9: Raji, Maybin and the Florida de are better picks than RM imo

Partial
01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
You guys are wrong in my opinion about Rey. He's the total package. Watch as he dominates this weekend. Plus, he was dominant in USC's bowl win and throughout his time at USC. Not just making big hits, but making key sacks, interceptions, forcing fumbles, and being a physical presence.

I don't put a lot of stock in the SB personally. Give me consistent performance year in and year out versus busting your ass for one week than going back to your lazier, inconsistent ways.

GrnBay007
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
A "need" pick.

Virginia Tech CB Macho Harris

We gotta have that name.

:lol:

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Top 10 players in Mobile

1. Boston College DT B.J. Raji
2. Mississippi DT Peria Jerry
8. USC LB Brian Cushing

Honorable mentions: NC State RB Andre Brown; Ohio State WR Brian Robiskie, Oklahoma WR Juaquin Iglesias, Washington State WR Brandon Gibson, Oklahoma State TE Brandn Pettigrew, UConn OT William Beatty, USC DE Kyle Moore, Oklahoma LB Nik Harris, Maryland LB Moise Fokuo, Oregon DB Patrick Chung, Alabama FS Rashad Johnson, Oregon State CB Keenan Lewis, .

Where was this list from?

rbaloha1
01-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Top 10 players in Mobile

8. USC LB Brian Cushing

Great Blue North web site

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Top 10 players in Mobile

8. USC LB Brian Cushing

Great Blue North web site
Thanks. If you could site your sources with a link that would be much appreciated.

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 03:41 AM
You guys are wrong in my opinion about Rey. He's the total package. Watch as he dominates this weekend.

3 tackles (1 for a loss of 1 yard), 0 sacks, 0 passes defensed, 0 INTs.

Partial
01-25-2009, 03:44 AM
You guys are wrong in my opinion about Rey. He's the total package. Watch as he dominates this weekend.

3 tackles (1 for a loss of 1 yard), 0 sacks, 0 passes defensed, 0 INTs.

I didn't watch the game yet, but Rey forced a fumble (one of two turnovers in the game) and had a big time tackle for a loss. Did Raji do anything? Stats surely don't say so, but then again he's an NT. I'll watch it tomorrow and give an eval.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9130072/Who%27s-hot-and-not-after-2009-Senior-Bowl

quote on raji: "he didn't dominate in the game"

quote on 'luga and the USC backers: "Everyone already knew Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing were first-round picks, their play this week down in Mobile solidified those thoughts"

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 03:49 AM
Did Raji do anything? Stats surely don't say so, but then again he's an NT. I'll watch it tomorrow and give an eval.

Didn't look as dominant as Ellis did last year, but he had some very nice penetration on the goal line on a few plays.

Partial
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Did you actually watch the game or just change a word or two around in Scott Wright's quote :D

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-124.php

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Did you actually watch the game or just change a word or two around in Scott Wright's quote :D

Watched the game. I'm pretty sure Scott Wright plagiarized me, just like the JSO plagiarized Skin. Two people watching one thing can come to the same conclusion about it independently, after all. I mean, the comparison is fairly obvious. Both Raji and Ellis had great senior bowl practice weeks, and Ellis played his way into the top 10 (people were trading up to get him and he wasn't the first DT taken), Raji may not have. Still, all his notable plays took place on the goal line.

Really, though, this was a pretty underwhelming senior bowl. In the actual game, as far as I'm concerned, nobody really stood out. I thought Cushing played better than Maualuga though, and would be a better fit in our defense (though not a top 10 guy at all.)

There is something to be said about "not putting much stock in the actual senior bowl" since it weird rules limiting how the defense can play (no blitzing, simple 4-3 shell) in order to minimize injuries. According to the NFLN broadcast of the show last night, most scouts actually pay much more attention to the practices than the game for that reason. I recall hearing that the Packers scouts left before the actual game. Maybe Thompson watched it on TV, but I doubt it.

KYPack
01-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Watched the game. I'm pretty sure Scott Wright plagiarized me, just like the JSO plagiarized Skin.

That was a funny, Lurk.