PDA

View Full Version : Exciting off season about to get more exciting?

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 10:33 AM
First we fire half of our coaches.

Then we hire a star studded defensive staff, paying big bucks for the best and brightest. This, of course, is different than overspending for a player. When you sign a player, it takes away from money you could spend on another player. Signing a player has an implied opportunity cost due to the salary cap. When you sign a coach, it does not take away from another part of the football team. It just makes you better, with no opportunity cost. It makes sense to spend a little more in these areas and it shows how willing Ted is to open up the pocket book if it's not going to hurt his team. Some people think opening up the pocket book always helps, but as Andrew Brandt likes to say on his website, much of the time the best move you make is the signing you don't make. Just as Mike Sherman. Anyway. . .

With teams starting to pin themselves against the new cap and questions about future cap years/profit sharing arising, it might be a unique year in free agency. Some teams might spend more because they have high revenue. Other teams might spend less because they are low revenue and are worried about losing the high level of profit sharing they currently receive under this CBA. It should be an interesting unrestricted free agency year with a couple elite players and what looks to be a better than average group overall.

Then we have several starters with expiring contracts. They range from stars (Jennings/Kampman) to average starters that are steadily getting better (Colledge/Spitz). Would you rather lock up these guys now for less, lose them and replace them with rookies or let them get to UFA and pay more money for the same player? The obvious answer seems to be locking them up early. As much as we complain about DC and Spitz, imagine how bad it would be if we had to go back to rookies. These guys are just becoming solid players. I think we should make an effort to lock them up a year early, even the solid starters are important because their replacements are often times unprepared rookies. Colledge, in particular, was a greatly underrated player last year. He was our best lineman, not to mention most versatile. I think we'll see him locked up.

Then we have the draft

Then mini camps with a new defensive scheme

Then TC with the new scheme

I get the feeling it's going to be an exciting off season and best of all, no diva thinking she's entitled to special treatment all off season.

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 10:44 AM
I get the feeling it's going to be an exciting off season and best of all, no diva thinking she's entitled to special treatment all off season.

yep.. just heading in with a 6-10 starter at QB.. thats all.. real excited!

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Better than the 4-12 one ;)

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 10:46 AM

I'll take the best QB ever... ANY DAY...

u make stabs at Brett.. I'm coming right back attcha... when u gonna learn they arent needed?

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 10:48 AM
haha. Best QB ever :) :) Ok Paco :)

The Shadow

I think you just permanently deflated paco's tires with that one! :D

Pacopete4

why do u have to start shit?

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 10:49 AM

Not at all...

13-3 with the same team Arod was handed.... SAME TEAM... except for a backup DT... SAAAAAAAAME TEEEEEEAAAAAAAAMMM!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Records and milestones

As of the end of the 2008 regular season, Favre currently possesses most of the well-known NFL career records for quarterbacks, including:

* Most AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997)[82] (tied with Peyton Manning)
* Most consecutive starts by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)[5]
* (2nd) Most consecutive starts by a player at any position: 269 (Jim Marshall - 270)
* Most games started by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)[83]
* Most wins by a starting quarterback regular season career: 169 (Regular season record: 169-100)[5]
* Most career passing touchdowns: 464[84][85]
* Most career passing yards: 65,127[84]
* Most career pass completions: 5,720[86][5]
* Most career pass attempts: 9,280[5][4][87]
* Most career interceptions thrown: 310[84][88]
* Most career games with at least three touchdowns: 65[49]

Favre is one of four quarterbacks to lead the league in touchdown passes four times. The others are Johnny Unitas, Len Dawson and Steve Young.[89]

Favre is also one of three NFL quarterbacks to have beaten all 31 other NFL teams in his career.[48] If he were to beat Green Bay before retirement, he would become the only player in history to have beaten all 32 NFL teams.

* (2nd) Most career playoff pass completions: 438[90] (Montana, 460)[91]
* (2nd) Most career playoff pass attempts: 721[90] (Montana, 734[92])
* (2nd) Most career playoff passing yards: 5,311[90] (Montana, 5,772[92])
* (2nd) Most career playoff passing touchdowns: 39[90] (Montana, 45)[92]
* (Tied 1st) Most career playoff interceptions thrown: 28 (Jim Kelly, 28)[88]
* (Tied 1st) Most career playoff losses as starting QB: 10 (Dan Marino, 10)

In addition, Favre owns a number of team records, having printed his name into almost every passing category in the annals of Green Bay Packers history, most recently setting the team record for consecutive completions with 20 on November 22, 2007, against the Detroit Lions.[93] With 39 "come-from-behind" 4th quarter wins & 3 more overtime victories (Packers total of 40 makes him Green Bay record holder), Favre is second only to John Elway's 47 4th quarter or OT "come-back wins", in NFL history.

..... Arod 6-10...

Lurker64
01-24-2009, 10:52 AM

To be honest, you're the one that's starting shit. The thread is "hey, look at all these reasons that this offseason is going to be exciting" and you come along and say "It's all meaningless since we don't have Favre." Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?

THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT FAVRE. This is a thread about the Packers offseason and how it's going to be exciting. If we still had Favre, the offseason would most definitely be less exciting as he waffles until March about the retirement question (and probably decides to retire, again).

We are fine at quarterback. I'm sure the Jets would love to have Aaron Rodgers right about now (funk soul brother...).

RashanGary
Anyway, it's an exciting off season. Oh yeah, we get to look forward to Rodgers too!!

Pacopete4

To be honest, you're the one that's starting shit. The thread is "hey, look at all these reasons that this offseason is going to be exciting" and you come along and say "It's all meaningless since we don't have Favre." Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?

he took a shot at Brett.. and I wont take it from that douche bag JH anymore... his post was great.. awesome... til he HAD to do it... THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT.. thus.. I will ruin his fuckin thread

PlantPage55
01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
when u gonna learn they arent needed?

When are you gonna realize that he is no where near even the greatest QB in the league AS OF NOW, regardless of the fact that at one time he was? You don't let a guy hang around because he ONCE was good.

Freak Out
01-24-2009, 10:55 AM
It does not matter where you go at PR these days.....here or the endless circle jerk...all threads will be nuked by some fools.

I'm stocked for the draft and to see what TT will do in FA to get this team over the top.

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 10:55 AM

When are you gonna realize that he is no where near even the greatest QB in the league AS OF NOW, regardless of the fact that at one time he was? You don't let a guy hang around because he ONCE was good.

I'm not bitching about not having Brett.. I;m just fed up with JH and his douche ways of taking cheap shots at brett... its not needed...

I'll repeat, his post was great.. til he HAD to do it.. and I'm sick of it.. wont take it any longer.. thus I will be a pain in his side from here til TT is fired and then I'll add it on even more

Lurker64
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
. thus.. I will ruin his fuckin thread

Hey, how about instead of "ruining other people's threads" you decide to go outside and take a walk, or watch a movie, or take up bowling, or see how many pretzels you can fit in your mouth at once. "I intend to ruin your thread since you have offended me or my people" is a good way to get kicked off of message boards, in general. Plus, it's a damn good way to convince everybody you're a jackass.

As crass as JH might have put it, the annual Favre drama of "will he or won't he" certainly didn't make the offseason more exciting for Packer fans. Personally, I processed it with a fairly high degree of dread, followed by relief if he was coming back and despair if he wasn't. It certainly wasn't exciting, it was more... stressful.

I am happy that there is no stress at the QB position this offseason.

The Shadow
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
This is already a wonderfully entertaining offseason.
It's so great to have a young team on the rise - and being managed by a capable group of executives and coaches.
Full speed ahead!

The Shadow
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM

Hey, how about instead of "ruining other people's threads" you decide to go outside and take a walk, or watch a movie, or take up bowling, or see how many pretzels you can fit in your mouth at once. "I intend to ruin your thread since you have offended me or my people" is a good way to get kicked off of message boards, in general. Plus, it's a damn good way to convince everybody you're a jackass.

As crass as JH might have put it, the annual Favre drama of "will he or won't he" certainly didn't make the offseason more exciting for Packer fans. Personally, I processed it with a fairly high degree of dread, followed by relief if he was coming back and despair if he wasn't. It certainly wasn't exciting, it was more... stressful.

Amen.

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm stocked for the draft and to see what TT will do in FA to get this team over the top.
Amen to that.

With the def scheme switch I can't help but think that will mean that TT will go after a bigger name FA. Normally I don't think FA will mean much for the Packers, but this year just seems different.

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
It's so great to have a young team on the rise - and being managed by a capable group of executives and coaches.
Full speed ahead!

That's exactly how I feel. Good people too. People you want to see succeed. It's a rewarding time to be a Packer fan.

rbaloha1
01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Guys this off season and pre season has nothing to do with Favre.

The coaching staff being assembled is wonderful. The transition is most likely going to be bumpy. My expectations are a slow starting team making the playoffs and peaking during the playoffs.

Patience is the key but the rewards shall be worth it.

GrnBay007
01-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Pacopete4, don't stoop to PR's JustinHarrell's level. Everyone here is fully aware of what he does. It's really too bad a guy that contributes and has some good ideas and posts allows his rep to be tarnished by constantly taking cheap shots that are uncalled for. But to each their own!

Partial
01-24-2009, 11:37 AM
It's an exciting off-season because there are lots of things to discuss for a change.

The 3-4 is coming to town and there are questions of how it will fit, who will play where, etc.

The draft is coming up and we're picking high and need to nail this one. The draft buzz reminds me of 2006, when everyone was fired up and we set the all-time poster record.

We've got a lot of question marks that we didn't have after last season (Is Aaron the future at QB? Can we count on Cullen Jenkins to be healthy enough to perform? Can we expect anything out of Justin Harrell or should we cut our losses? Who's going to play linebacker? What are we going to do coverage wise when one of our star corners is one-dimensional?) and it is exciting to speculate how this all-around bad team will be improved going into next year.

All in all, it's never a good sign to have an exciting off-season. It's typically a biproduct of a high draft position, potential coaching changes and bad team.

As for JustinHarrell being a wank and calling Brett Favre a girl... I've seen Justin Harrell, and he's a scrawny piece of shit. He has never played football, and never would be able to hold up. After playing a few hours, he'd be the whining diva. What a crotchstain.

ThunderDan
01-24-2009, 11:39 AM

yep.. just heading in with a 6-10 starter at QB.. thats all.. real excited!

While JH may have been inflamatory with his remark by using the words diva and she, it sure is nice to know who our starting QB will be in 2009 at the end of the 2008 season. It will be nice not having that issue on the team for the first time in 4 years.

Oh, and while I would rather have Brett circa 1996 I definitely want Rodgers as my QB in 2009 over Favre.

mission
01-24-2009, 12:48 PM

hey dumbass.. YOU started shit.

anyway, I have a hunch that TT is actually gonna make some stuff happen in FA this year.

1. He's feeling a little heat
2. He's spent big money on defensive coaching
3. The FA market is more attractive this year than most

im super excited to see this team progress and judging by all the doom/gloom this time around last season (favre retirement), it's a refreshing outlook on the offseason.

mission
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Pacopete4, don't stoop to PR's JustinHarrell's level. Everyone here is fully aware of what he does. It's really too bad a guy that contributes and has some good ideas and posts allows his rep to be tarnished by constantly taking cheap shots that are uncalled for. But to each their own!

The irony in this post is hilarious. Thanks for that.

LOL @ "tarnished"

SkinBasket
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
thus.. I will ruin his fuckin thread

No, nothing gets "ruined." You'll look like a jackass and annoy everyone, but nothing will get ruined.

Why not just post a picture of a cock in the thread if you hate it so much? And lesbians. Maybe some anal monkey humping. Getting banned to demonstrate your loyalty to Favre would be a really impressive gesture.

GrnBay007
01-24-2009, 01:06 PM

LOL @ "tarnished"

Mind explaining that?

Patler
01-24-2009, 01:07 PM
deleted

SkinBasket
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
As for JustinHarrell being a wank and calling Brett Favre a girl... I've seen Justin Harrell, and he's a scrawny piece of shit. He has never played football, and never would be able to hold up. After playing a few hours, he'd be the whining diva. What a crotchstain.

I don't know. I think a crotchstain would be someone who insults people on a message board by referencing personal meetings. Then again, you must have had the balls to say these things to his face when you had the chance didn't you? I mean, if he's just a scrawny piece of shit and you're the gleaming 6'2" specimen of manly male football throwing perfection, it shouldn't have been a problem right?

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM

I missed that. I only skim half assed through posts I think will suck.

mission
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM

LOL @ "tarnished"

Mind explaining that?

Sure!

- If anything, JH stooped to Paco's level. The thread was about the off season's excitement and lo-and-behold, there's a post from pete about having a 6-10 quarterback.
- re: Tarnished. This isn't Brett Favre's legacy we're talking about ... well, err ... maybe we are. Literally, the word makes sense, but in the real-world of This-Is-A-Discussion-Forum, I've never seen the word tarnished used to describe someone's "internet reputation".
- Tarnished: cont. - Paco's reputation in ridiculousness far exceeds even mine of being the forum jerk or JH's in general.

Anyway...

RashanGary
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
For the record, I'm bigger and stronger than Partial :) :)

Pacopete4
01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Like I said JH's post was great. Lot of things to look forward to, but just for no reason takes a cheap shot. You do that at TT and ur banned from PR and it's bs

Little Whiskey
01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Like I said JH's post was great. Lot of things to look forward to, but just for no reason takes a cheap shot. You do that at TT and ur banned from PR and it's bs

get banned for taking shots at Thompson. I don't think we'd have any posters left

SkinBasket
01-24-2009, 02:06 PM

I don't think it's the taking shots that people have problems with. It's the continued back and forth. Back and forth that's been covered literally several dozen times. If you're going to bicker like old ladies, at least cover some new ground.

You know where he stands. He knows where you stand. Everyone's going to make comments - take jabs at players, coaches, and management - that piss other people off because they don't agree, but not everyone should respond like the original poster just drugged and fucked their differently-abled sister.

channtheman
01-24-2009, 02:20 PM

I'm not bitching about not having Brett.. I;m just fed up with JH and his douche ways of taking cheap shots at brett... its not needed...

I'll repeat, his post was great.. til he HAD to do it.. and I'm sick of it.. wont take it any longer.. thus I will be a pain in his side from here til TT is fired and then I'll add it on even more

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, take your concerns to the PM system. You know where you can actually privately message someone and bitch about them directly to them, AND we all get the added perk of not having threads derailed because of something that upsets you?

As for the thread, this offseason has been very exciting. A fresh start on defense and a bunch of young emerging stars on our team leads a lot to be excited for. I can't wait for the draft so I can see what we are going to do with our 9. I imagine our defense becomes much better, especially at the end of games where it counts the most and I see us winning quite a few more games this year.

mraynrand
01-24-2009, 03:03 PM

I'll take the best QB ever... ANY DAY...

u make stabs at Brett.. I'm coming right back attcha... when u gonna learn they arent needed? :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

MadtownPacker
01-24-2009, 03:04 PM
I havent been on the forum in a while. I was getting some good reading done and finally got to this thread. I got to the last sentence of the first post I almost thought I was reading a article. That is how good it was but then justinharrel you had to stir the pot. Pete you had to task the bait. Yes sure jh started it but pacopete you always do the same thing so you are both cut from the same cloth. Thank for fucking up my forum experience though. It would have been nice to see what everyone was thinking about the D changes and other news but nope hell no you have to have it your way. Well guess what today you're not gonna have it your way.

Dont bother logging on for the next 2 weeks. At that point I will flip a quarter and if it lands on heads we are gonna make it another two weeks. This is for both of you and anyone else who keep this shit up.

Freak Out
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Two of those would have got the point across rand. Fuck.

SkinBasket
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Two of those would have got the point across rand. Fuck.

Yeah. I almost vomited, but then had a seizure and passed out before I could.

bobblehead
01-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I havent been on the forum in a while. I was getting some good reading done and finally got to this thread. I got to the last sentence of the first post I almost thought I was reading a article. That is how good it was but then justinharrel you had to stir the pot. Pete you had to task the bait. Yes sure jh started it but pacopete you always do the same thing so you are both cut from the same cloth. Thank for fucking up my forum experience though. It would have been nice to see what everyone was thinking about the D changes and other news but nope hell no you have to have it your way. Well guess what today you're not gonna have it your way.

Dont bother logging on for the next 2 weeks. At that point I will flip a quarter and if it lands on heads we are gonna make it another two weeks. This is for both of you and anyone else who keep this shit up.

Great...I told you two to knock it off before dad got home, now look at what you did :)

BallHawk
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Dont bother logging on for the next 2 weeks. At that point I will flip a quarter and if it lands on heads we are gonna make it another two weeks.

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/199005_main.jpg

BallHawk
01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
And I agree with JH and others about the offseason being a great one.

I think there's an expectation, at least from a good amount of posters, that TT is going to make what could be considered a splash in FA. I'm thinking two quality FAs similar to when he got CW and Pickett.

We're not going to get Peppers, I'm pretty sure of that. But I think we'll pick up some above average players that will start for us next season.

Lurker64
01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
We're not going to get Peppers, I'm pretty sure of that. But I think we'll pick up some above average players that will start for us next season.

I think that if TT is going to make a serious move to improve this defense he should do the following:

1) Sign either Canty or Olshansky to a FA contract. We don't have a second DE other than a converted 4-3 Under-Tackle, and it's not certain that Jolly, Harrell, or Cole can play DT. Will we even resign Cole?

2) Do what it takes to draft Larry English with our second pick of the draft. If it takes trading #9 in the second round and a third round pick, like the one we got for Favre, so be it. We need a WOLB for this team, and he's definitely got the size, athleticism, and pass-rushing knack to make a difference.

Peppers, though a fine athlete, is going to cost too much and I'm not sure he has a position on this defense other than "Kampman's" and even though that would probably be an upgrade of some kind, you don't usually try to upgrade on the position played by your best defensive player. That money would be better spent on Olshansky or Canty.

oregonpackfan
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Dont bother logging on for the next 2 weeks. At that point I will flip a quarter and if it lands on heads we are gonna make it another two weeks.

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/199005_main.jpg

Spooky! The actor who played the Hit Man in No Country For Old Men sure gave me the chills. He really portrayed very well the cold, heartless, relentless killer.

Partial
01-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Peppers can line up anywhere on the field and be a star. Clearly you haven't seen him play much. He is athletic as f#@$

mission
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Peppers can line up anywhere on the field and be a star. Clearly you haven't seen him play much. He is athletic as f#@$

There's no way this guy wouldn't be a huge addition. It doesn't matter where you put him. He'll be motivated with a fresh start and I have a hard time saying anything is *too* much when you have the money to spend (which I'm assuming we will)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/bucky_brooks/01/23/scouts.buzz/julius-peppers.jpg

ThunderDan
01-24-2009, 06:22 PM

There's no way this guy wouldn't be a huge addition. It doesn't matter where you put him. He'll be motivated with a fresh start and I have a hard time saying anything is *too* much when you have the money to spend (which I'm assuming we will)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/bucky_brooks/01/23/scouts.buzz/julius-peppers.jpg

You probably should have gotten a picture of a QB from another team.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM

Not at all...

13-3 with the same team Arod was handed.... SAME TEAM... except for a backup DT... SAAAAAAAAME TEEEEEEAAAAAAAAMMM!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same team?

I dont' recall the dline getting hurt last year. Nor do i remember Hawk and Barnett injured.

Lurker64
01-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Same team?

I dont' recall the dline getting hurt last year. Nor do i remember Hawk and Barnett injured.

Not to mention the fact that Grant was playing outstanding football down the stretch last year, and was playing only average football down the stretch last year, we lost our ace special teamer Tracy White, and we started the season with no kind of rotation at DT whatsoever. Last year's roster we had about 7 guys who could play DT on the roster, this year we started the season with 3 and Williams. Those big bodies get tired, it's important to be able to let them take some plays off, even if the guys replacing them aren't superstars.

Ultimately, nobody on the roster, except possibly Jennings, played up to their standards from 2007. Barnett, Jolly, Hawk, Bigby all had notably worse 2008s (even before injuries, where applicable), than they had 2007s.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Ultimately, nobody on the roster, except possibly Jennings, played up to their standards from 2007. .

I agree with the ultimate idea of your total post, but this sentence is just not true.

Rodgers? Woodson? Collins? Collegde? Driver? Harris? T. Williams? Kampman? Jenkins before injury?

Not only that, but Bigby, Barnett, and Hawk were all injured and thus its hard to compare this past year to 07.

The reason we finished 6-10 was because we took a step back on the o-line (mostly our tackles) and we lacked depth on the d-line. The d-line was not helped by poor seasons from Jolly, Picket, and Harrell.

mraynrand
01-24-2009, 08:24 PM

Not at all...

Same team?

I dont' recall the dline getting hurt last year. Nor do i remember Hawk and Barnett injured. :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll: :trll:

bbbffl66
01-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Full speed ahead!

Yes, the Cardinal fans are all psyched. Oh wait, did you mean the Packers?

Fred's Slacks
01-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Full speed ahead!

The difference between the Cardinals this year and us last year is that our ancient QB couldn't lead us to the game winning TD in the NFC Championship. There's did.

bbbffl66
01-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Full speed ahead!

The difference between the Cardinals this year and us last year is that our ancient QB couldn't lead us to the game winning TD in the NFC Championship. There's did.
Didn't want to do this, but.....
There ancient QB was given a shot to win the job in TC against the young stud Pac 10 "future of the franchise". Just saying!

Lurker64
01-24-2009, 09:11 PM
There ancient QB was given a shot to win the job in TC against the young stud Pac 10 "future of the franchise". Just saying!

The difference being that Cardinals Fan was well aware of the fact that Leinart wasn't cut out for the vertical passing game that Wisenhunt brought to Arizona, so he really never had a chance at the job in the first place and nobody really expected him to win. Leinart was never a good vertical passer, and vertical passing is what the Cards offense does best.

After last year, nobody really thought Leinart was the future in Arizona.

Fred's Slacks
01-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Full speed ahead!

What's that got to do with us losing to the Giants in the Championship game?

Favre had his shot and didn't get it done. If he wanted another one he shouldn't have waffled all off season. He should have been busting his ass with his teammates showing them what it takes.

Zool
01-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Full speed ahead!

Ha...good one. Thankfully we didn't end up with Leinhart.

MadtownPacker
01-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Don't worry everyone, I have a whole jar full of quarters.

BallHawk
01-25-2009, 10:37 AM

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/blazing_hedley_lamarr_small.jpg
We're gonna need a shitload of quarters.

MadtownPacker
01-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Actually it is much more like this:

http://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/twoface_31.jpg

BallHawk
01-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Harvey Dent in the house.

bobblehead
01-25-2009, 12:07 PM

In this economic climate it would be prudent to use the same quarter over and over.

DannoMac21
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Hahahahah Paco got shut down like a little bitch.

MadtownPacker
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Hahahahah Paco got shut down like a little bitch.Just to let you know, your shit gets old too.

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Hahahahah Paco got shut down like a little bitch.Just to let you know, your shit gets old too.

Will you be providing a "your shit" status report to anybody who asks for it?

Partial
01-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Exciting off-season = bad team. Give me a million boring off-seasons.

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 04:31 PM

I don't necessarily agree. The Vikings certainly had an exciting offseason last year, and they did pretty well this year.

The Shadow
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought the offseason we acquired Reggie White was rather exciting.
The 'bad team' he joined would soon go on to win a Super Bowl.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2009, 05:15 PM

The difference being that Cardinals Fan was well aware of the fact that Leinart wasn't cut out for the vertical passing game that Wisenhunt brought to Arizona, so he really never had a chance at the job in the first place and nobody really expected him to win. Leinart was never a good vertical passer, and vertical passing is what the Cards offense does best.

After last year, nobody really thought Leinart was the future in Arizona.

Dude, you know nothing about the cards..stick to the packers.

Leinart was the qb, was thought to be the qb, and was the starting qb going into training camp. Everyone wanted him to be the man. The gave him every opp to solidify it.

The real issue was that the Cards only have so much goodwill in the comm...and the bidwell's/whiz knew this and knew they couldn't afford to lose the small momentum gained through last year's record and new stadium.

But, living in AZ..what do i know. :roll:

SkinBasket
01-25-2009, 05:36 PM

That would actually be pretty awesome to have little status bars under our poster names indicating the condition of our shit. It could be like the terrorist threat level color scale.

BallHawk
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM

That would actually be pretty awesome to have little status bars under our poster names indicating the condition of our shit. It could be like the terrorist threat level color scale.

You mean the same color every goddamn day?

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Dude, you know nothing about the cards..stick to the packers.

Leinart was the qb, was thought to be the qb, and was the starting qb going into training camp. Everyone wanted him to be the man. The gave him every opp to solidify it.

The real issue was that the Cards only have so much goodwill in the comm...and the bidwell's/whiz knew this and knew they couldn't afford to lose the small momentum gained through last year's record and new stadium.

But, living in AZ..what do i know. :roll:

Well, admittedly all of my knowledge of the perspective about the Cardinals comes from a couple of friends of mine who live in AZ and are big time Cardinals fans, and from them I certainly got the impression that Cards fans were pretty down on Leinart because he doesn't fit the system very well.

For all I know, I could have been talking to the local version of [insert the Packerrats poster who you consider to be the most clueless here], though.

Joemailman
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM

What has a lot of people excited is that MM is actually doing something concrete to change the situation. If Bob Sanders were returning as DC, I think the excitement level would be considerably less.

Partial
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree. MM has done a good job of putting a higher quality defensive staff in place. I hope we hear that he has in fact interviewed the former Cowboys DC, as there were rumors according to WSSP that he intended to interview him to coach under Capers.

BZnDallas
01-25-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree. MM has done a good job of putting a higher quality defensive staff in place. I hope we hear that he has in fact interviewed the former Cowboys DC, as there were rumors according to WSSP that he intended to interview him to coach under Capers.

i don't know if i'd really want the DC from the cowboys in GB... when he was calling the shots for dallas, their 'd' wasn't all that great... when porky the pig (Phillips) took over the duties, the 'd' played much better...

although he would be an assistant coach and wouldn't be running the show here so that might mean he could handle his duties better... as far as what MM has been doing with the defensive staff, i guess i'd trust him if he did hire the former cowboys DC... in MM i trust! is that last statement blasphamist??

KYPack
01-26-2009, 08:11 AM

Six cute little bars ranging from light pink to dark brown would be nice, I'd think.

CaptainKickass
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM

Six cute little bars ranging from light pink to dark brown would be nice, I'd think.

My shit indicator would constantly be rated as "Dumb-shit" on the proposed scale. What color would "Dumb Shit" be?

BooHoo
01-26-2009, 07:01 PM

i don't know if i'd really want the DC from the cowboys in GB... when he was calling the shots for dallas, their 'd' wasn't all that great... when porky the pig (Phillips) took over the duties, the 'd' played much better...

although he would be an assistant coach and wouldn't be running the show here so that might mean he could handle his duties better... as far as what MM has been doing with the defensive staff, i guess i'd trust him if he did hire the former cowboys DC... in MM i trust! is that last statement blasphamist??

Hiring good coaches is just the first part of the equation. The harder part is bringing in some more quality players.
Also, I never like it when we try a new system (doesn't mean we shouldn't). Seems like it takes a year or so for the players to get with the program.

Joemailman
01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Capers has a pretty good record of immediately improving a defense when he takes over as DC.

BooHoo
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
That is what I am hoping for. A quick turnaround.

SnakeLH2006
01-27-2009, 03:02 AM

:shock: :lol: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Wowzerz!!! That shit had me literally coughing beer out my fucking nose...Classic. Hands down, some good stuff bro! :D :lol:

cpk1994
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM

I'll repeat, his post was great.. til he HAD to do it.. and I'm sick of it.. wont take it any longer.. thus I will be a pain in his side from here til TT is fired and then I'll add it on even moreHow is it a cheap shot when its the truth. Do we, or do we not, have to put up with Favre's shenanigans this off season? You really need to get your panties out of their wad.

Joemailman
01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
CPK,

I believe Paco and JH have been banned for a while for this nonsense. You might want to just drop it. Or PM them.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2009, 08:10 PM

The quick turnaround is a safe bet just on the basis of injuries healing up. The indicator that the new D staff has made a difference will be if the Packers play better D than 2007. I'd say that's about 60/40.

cpk1994
01-28-2009, 09:51 AM
CPK,

I believe Paco and JH have been banned for a while for this nonsense. You might want to just drop it. Or PM them.I don't need to PM them. I just asked a simple question and anyone who answers the question for themsleves will realize that it is not a cheap shot. But, thank you for the adivce. I appreciate it and will drop the topic now.

Gunakor
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM

The quick turnaround is a safe bet just on the basis of injuries healing up. The indicator that the new D staff has made a difference will be if the Packers play better D than 2007. I'd say that's about 60/40.

It might not be better this year than it was in '07. I'd expect some growing pains associated with the switch to an entirely new system, one that few if any of our personnel on defense have ever played in.

The defense in '09 I expect to be an upgrade over the defensive production of '08, and that might be due to players getting healthy and back on the field. But I expect the defense in '10 to be better than '09, and likely the defense of '07, because of the experience of our new defensive staff and the fact that our defensive players will be more experienced in Capers' system.

I guess what I'm saying is that this might take a year or two to bear the full fruits of this transition. It's a process, and might require some patience before the end result ever transpires on the football field. But when you consider that the end result will likely resemble that of the Steelers defense of the 90's, it's well worth the wait IMO.

cpk1994
01-28-2009, 01:18 PM

It might not be better this year than it was in '07. I'd expect some growing pains associated with the switch to an entirely new system, one that few if any of our personnel on defense have ever played in.

The defense in '09 I expect to be an upgrade over the defensive production of '08, and that might be due to players getting healthy and back on the field. But I expect the defense in '10 to be better than '09, and likely the defense of '07, because of the experience of our new defensive staff and the fact that our defensive players will be more experienced in Capers' system.

I guess what I'm saying is that this might take a year or two to bear the full fruits of this transition. It's a process, and might require some patience before the end result ever transpires on the football field. But when you consider that the end result will likely resemble that of the Steelers defense of the 90's, it's well worth the wait IMO.That patience may be easier to have since if the '08 defense made one stop in 3 of the games they blew and Crsoby hits 1 of 2 GW FG that he missed you would be 11-5 which would have been than enough to make the playoffs. It should not take a large defenseive imorovement to back into the playoffs.

MadtownPacker
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Heads or Tails? (http://www.packerrats.com/gallery/media/flip.wmv)

Brando19
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM

Welcome back guys.

Lurker64
02-08-2009, 08:47 PM

Well, here's hoping you can flip "heads" sometime before draft day, JH is fun to have around during the draft (when he actually talks about football).

Brando19
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM

Well, here's hoping you can flip "heads" sometime before draft day, JH is fun to have around during the draft (when he actually talks about football).

Heads meant they were gone another 2 weeks...it was tails so I guess they're back now.

MadtownPacker
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM

Heads meant they were gone another 2 weeks...it was tails so I guess they're back now.You are correct. They are back.

GrnBay007
02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
LOL funny! :D

Is that a PR bumper sticker on the table? Can we buy one?

Pacopete4
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
2 weeks well worth it!

nice video Mad, for some reason it looked heads to me though, but thanks for having me back

Guiness
02-08-2009, 10:57 PM
lol at the autofocus buddy! Gotta get something better than the video feature on the free Nokia cellphone your provider gave you :lol:

Joemailman
02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
2 weeks well worth it!

nice video Mad, for some reason it looked heads to me though, but thanks for having me back

I imagine Justin will be back when he sees there is a thread with his name on it. Now you two behave yourselves or we''ll take you behind the cheese shed and really let you have it. :smack: :P

GrnBay007
02-08-2009, 11:14 PM
2 weeks well worth it!

:lol: :lol:

Welcome back Paco!

Pacopete4
02-08-2009, 11:16 PM
glad to be back!

I cannot wait for the draft, not only for the Packers but I'm taking my annual trip to Stevens Point to see a friend and its a pretty fun draft party all weekend long!