PDA

View Full Version : Mark Murphy

bbbffl66
01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
I am very impressed now with Mark Murphy. I wrote a rather scathing letter to him expressing my displeasure with the past year. I also said how bad the bribe attempt to Brett looked, and that he was not making a good start as Prez. I got a nice form letter back, which was what I expected. But under the typed part, he hand wrote an explaination of his trip to Miss. He said it was an attempt to help Brett out of a bad situation and that Brett didn't want to go to Tampa and he wasn't being given the option of Minny. As far as I know, that is the first official thing I've heard that Tampa was a possibility.
Anyway, I am impressed that he took time to write me back, even if his handwriting shows why the typewriter was invented in the first place!

billy_oliver880
01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
That is impressive that he took the time. I would have probably thrown the letter out if I was him.

KYPack
01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I am very impressed now with Mark Murphy. I wrote a rather scathing letter to him expressing my displeasure with the past year. I also said how bad the bribe attempt to Brett looked, and that he was not making a good start as Prez. I got a nice form letter back, which was what I expected. But under the typed part, he hand wrote an explaination of his trip to Miss. He said it was an attempt to help Brett out of a bad situation and that Brett didn't want to go to Tampa and he wasn't being given the option of Minny. As far as I know, that is the first official thing I've heard that Tampa was a possibility.
Anyway, I am impressed that he took time to write me back, even if his handwriting shows why the typewriter was invented in the first place!

That's some very interesting stuff.

Now the classy thing on your part would be to call Peter King or somebody like that and offer to sell 'em the letter!

That was a neat thing for Murph to do, but pretty stupid. If you did go to the media (or be a media guy yourself) Murphy could be in for 30 days of hell from reporters.

Murphy is obviously still learning, but his heart is in the right place.

Pugger
01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Besides Brett not wanting to go to Tampa there isn't much in there that is really new and/or earth shattering so I don't know if Murphy would be in for 30 days of hell from reporters.... :?:

MadtownPacker
01-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I dont know much about Murphy but at the Posters game (ATL@GB) he took the time to stop and say hi to me and Retailguy near the Proshop. Considering the game was a bitter loss IMO it was cool of him.

KYPack
01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Besides Brett not wanting to go to Tampa there isn't much in there that is really new and/or earth shattering so I don't know if Murphy would be in for 30 days of hell from reporters.... :?:

The comment was made in the spirit of the pot being stirred and it doesn't take much for a new "controversy" to begin.

I like Murphy, he seems like a good fellow and all.

He might be just a little naive and I hope he it doesn't blow up on him.

Patler
01-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Nothing new about Favre not wanting to go to Tampa Bay. Have you all forgotten his comment that it was "too hot"?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Favre-Tampa-Bay-is-too-hot-?urn=nfl,94255