PDA

View Full Version : Players Packer met with during Senior Bowl Week

pack4to84
01-25-2009, 06:35 AM
The list of players having met with the Packers according to Railbird Central includes:

B.J. Raji -- defensive tackle, Boston College
Clay Matthews -- linebacker, USC
Brian Cushing -- linebacker USC
Lawrence Sidbury -- linebacker/end, Richmond
Eric Kettani -- fullback, Navy
Ron Brace -- defensive tackle, Boston College
James Davis -- running back, Clemson
Mohamed Massquoi -- wide receiver, Georgia
Zach Follett -- linebacker, California
Cody Brown -- linebacker/end, UConn
Darry Beckwith -- linebacker, LSU
Hunter Cantwell -- quarterback, Louisville
Jared Bronson -- tight end, Central Washington
Dan Gay -- tackle, Baylor
http://community.sportsbubbler.com/blogs/railbird_central/default.aspx

The Green Bay Packers met extensively with Pitt linebacker Scott McKillop during the Senior Bowl practices this week according to TFY Draft's premium content.

What round would these players be targeted at?

Patler
01-25-2009, 08:35 AM
If Bedard's blog at JSO is to be believed, the Packers talk to every player there, some in public, some in private. Perhaps the list is just those they were seen talking to in public

BallHawk
01-25-2009, 09:36 AM
The Green Bay Packers met extensively with Pitt linebacker Scott McKillop during the Senior Bowl practices this week according to TFY Draft's premium content.

What round would these players be targeted at?

From what I can gather on McKillop we could get him in the 3rd, maybe 4th round. Sounds like a guy TT would go for: Smart, hard-worker, extremely productive. The knacks on him have him being not too athletic with limited upside. He seems like somebody Winston could make into a solid player.

I'd take him.

Lurker64
01-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, last year was the first year I've ever seen Thompson draft a guy he was reported to have interviewed/met with, so I guess I can't write off all these guys like I have in past years.

Joemailman
01-25-2009, 11:04 AM
http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Believe it or not, these guys have a 7 round mock draft. They have McKillop going middle of the 3rd round.

LL2
01-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I would think that Raji is high on TT's wish list. I'm not expert at 3-4 defenses or any defense for that matter, but of all the things I've read having a really good NT is key to the 3-4 being successful. Also, Picket is not getting any younger.

Waldo
01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I would think that Raji is high on TT's wish list. I'm not expert at 3-4 defenses or any defense for that matter, but of all the things I've read having a really good NT is key to the 3-4 being successful. Also, Picket is not getting any younger.

No players are, then again, Pickett is only 29 and still has good knees. NT's generally last a long time if their knees hold out. Phat Pat is 7 years older than Pickett, Hampton is 2 years older than Pickett, Jamal W is 3 1/2 years older than Pickett, Wilfork is only 2 years younger. A lot of NT's really don't get really good until they are in their late 20's/early 30's. Pat didn't go to his first pro bowl until he was 34 years old.

Big Al is only 1 1/2 years younger than Pickett, and he been in the league 1 less year.

HarveyWallbangers
01-26-2009, 09:55 AM
http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

Believe it or not, these guys have a 7 round mock draft. They have McKillop going middle of the 3rd round.

Somebody needs to tell them we are moving to a 3-4 scheme. A bunch of the players they project us taking have 4-3 by their position.

Fritz
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM

No players are, then again, Pickett is only 29 and still has good knees. NT's generally last a long time if their knees hold out. Phat Pat is 7 years older than Pickett, Hampton is 2 years older than Pickett, Jamal W is 3 1/2 years older than Pickett, Wilfork is only 2 years younger. A lot of NT's really don't get really good until they are in their late 20's/early 30's. Pat didn't go to his first pro bowl until he was 34 years old.

Big Al is only 1 1/2 years younger than Pickett, and he been in the league 1 less year.

Some of them seem to act younger though.

Cheesehead Craig
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I would think that Raji is high on TT's wish list.
McShay's got him going at #4 overall from the last report I saw on ESPN. Sounds like he's going to be tough to get.

Waldo
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
I would think that Raji is high on TT's wish list.
McShay's got him going at #4 overall from the last report I saw on ESPN. Sounds like he's going to be tough to get.

Raji goes above us, chances are one of the big 3 left tackles drops to us.