PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Greene Hired

Chevelle2
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
According to the Press-Gazette, the Packers have hired former LB Kevin Greene to be the OLB coach in their 3-4 defense.

This is unreal. MM and TT are my heroes.

PlantPage55
01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Mike McCarthy has been making it rain from the 3-point line so far this offseason! :D

Zool
01-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Wasnt Green an OLB in Pitt under Capers?

pbmax
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
And Carolina. Weird. JSO says he has not been a fulltime coach anywhere recently.

sheepshead
01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
He played in the NFC championship game here in 97 too.

sheepshead
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
My man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3guex6oQUo

Waldo
01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Mike McCarthy has been making it rain from the 3-point line so far this offseason! :D

Nothin' but net.

Maybe MM will grant Leroy his wish an bring him on as the S position coach.

mission
01-26-2009, 02:54 PM

Like this? :lol:
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/m_c4e81b7032864d3796b31346f912ea02.jpg

I LOVE this hire... even if all he brings is intensity (along with Moss), we're going to see some dramatic changes with this defense really.

That, and the fact that we're going so all out on defensive coaching somehow makes the coaching massacre a few weeks ago seem a whole lot more rational than it did at the time. They obviously had a plan.

vince
01-26-2009, 03:03 PM
My man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3guex6oQUo
Great video. Thanks for that. Let's hope he can coach like he got after the quarterback.

gbpackfan
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Great hire. Players will respect the hell out of this guy and no one can say he doesn't know what he's talking about. Wow, what a coaching staff MM is hiring. Very exciting.

red
01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
this offseason reeks of desperation from m3 and TT. they both know their asses are on the hot seat and they have to produce, NOW

and i like it

i just wish they would have gotten a flame under their asses a couple years ago, before we had to deal with slowik and sanders

however, if they don't turn things around this year with this star studded coaching staff, then they're both gone IMO

TT goes big in free agency too imo

all chips are going in

red
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
oh, and i think moss's time with the packers is just about over

i think he was the only one spared as a favor to him. if he got fired from his LB coach job, then his chances of getting a head coaching job goes down.

his crew played like shit last year, they were part of the problem, i bet with the job offers going away that he'll be let go soon and green will take over for all lb's

Patler
01-26-2009, 04:14 PM
this offseason reeks of desperation from m3 and TT. they both know their asses are on the hot seat and they have to produce, NOW

and i like it

i just wish they would have gotten a flame under their asses a couple years ago, before we had to deal with slowik and sanders

What do McCarthy and Thompson have to do with Slowik's time in Green Bay? He never coached under either one in GB

Zool
01-26-2009, 04:16 PM

and i like it

What do McCarthy and Thompson have to do with Slowik's time in Green Bay? He never coached under either one in GB

I have a hard time labeling this one Patlerized. That should be common knowledge among Packer fans unless they are clouded in their rational.

red
01-26-2009, 04:20 PM
really?

huh, for some reason i thought slowik came after bates and before sanders

i guess i just got sucky coaches mixed up

but thats why we have patler around

Lurker64
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
really?

huh, for some reason i thought slowik came after bates and before sanders

Yeah, Sanders was the hire after Bates resigned after he was passed up for the HC job. McCarthy hired Sanders for reasons of continuity, specifically that Sanders could run the same defensive system Bates was running.

In part, some of the defensive turn-around under Bates was attributed to the fact that players finally got used to a system, instead of having to learn a new one every year. We'll see if that excuse creeps up again.

Edit: Sanders' mediocrity (and lack of resume when he got hired) was a large part of why people were worried that McCarthy would cop out and go for a "continuity hire" when picking the new defensive staff. Thankfully, he has not.

Partial
01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Happy about this hire. Don't care that he doesn't have much experience. Probably just wants to get into coaching. Certainly has the experience in the position!

Harlan Huckleby
01-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Kevin Greene has experience in Professional Wrestling. We need a little of that juice.

Freak Out
01-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Kevin Greene has experience in Professional Wrestling. We need a little of that juice.

Dude always reminded me of Hulk Hogan.

pbmax
01-26-2009, 07:31 PM
You are speaking metaphorically, of course?! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-26-2009, 07:35 PM
By any means necessary.