PDA

View Full Version : Jagodzinski Available, Right?

Fritz
01-26-2009, 05:13 PM
The dude was told he'd be fired by BC if he went ahead and interviewed. He went ahead and scheduled an interview, and I think he was fired, wasn't he?

Anybody want to see him coaching the o-line in GB?

Cheesehead Craig
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
No. He'll leave after one season here anyways to coach somewhere else. Rather get someone else here that will stick around.

BooHoo
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes, he would be only a short term hire. Don't sign him.

Joemailman
01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
The dude was told he'd be fired by BC if he went ahead and interviewed. He went ahead and scheduled an interview, and I think he was fired, wasn't he?

Anybody want to see him coaching the o-line in GB?

I'd like him to be hired to just coach the Centers.

texaspackerbacker
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't think it's gonna happen, but I'd be in favor of this. For whatever reason, our O Line wasn't hitting on all cylinders last year. Jags knows the ZBS as well as anybody. I would say bring him, pick his brain, and have somebody taking notes for the following year in case he does leave.

I don't remember; Are we lacking an O Line coach? Or would this be a replacement?

Gunakor
01-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I say stick with what we have offensively. The run game wasn't horrible, and the offense as a whole was just fine. No reason to change up anything there IMO. Perhaps more aggressive playcalling with the lead, but otherwise we are fine.

Joemailman
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't think the OL was that bad last year. The running back situation wasn't very good, and Rodgers had to learn not to hold the ball so long. RT is an issue right now with Tauscher's situation, but I think they're Okay otherwise.

SnakeLH2006
01-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but with all the massive upheavals in the coaching staff (mostly D) it is inherently impossible to win a lot of games with that much turnover at the coaching positions in one offseason. So no.

texaspackerbacker
01-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Why "inherently impossible"?

I ask this from the point of view of one who would have preferred keeping Sanders as DC, but am now getting psyched up for that usually ugly word, "Change".

I see no reason the Packers can't get back to the top. '08 was ruined by injuries; Otherwise, basically the only difference between '07 and '08 as Rodgers at QB--who probably did as good as Favre in '07 and a lot better than '08. If you assume the D coaching and scheme is an improvement--as most do, WHY would we "inherently" be doomed to a bad season?

I honestly don't think we need the additional fine tuning of Jagodzinski, but he might just improve the O Line, so I wouldn't oppose getting him.

Patler
01-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Jags knows the ZBS as well as anybody. I would say bring him, pick his brain, and have somebody taking notes for the following year in case he does leave.

But does he really now how to teach the ZBS that well? Does he really know it that well? He coached the O-line for one season in Atlanta when they used it. Before that his entire NFL experience was as a tight ends coach. He has college experience as an O-line coach.

One of my big complaints when MM put his original staff together was that he reached with too many coaches. They made a big deal about switching to a primarily zone team, and talked about the few gurus who knew how to teach it correctly. They talked about the "secrets" in how to coach it to do well consistently, and then portrayed Jagodzinski as one who knew because of a single year's exposure in Atlanta. They said he would pass it on to the rest of the staff.

Well....something is missing. It didn't do that well in the season Jagodzinski was the OC in GB, and he sure hasn't passed the secrets on because the running game has not been impressive except for a spurt the last half of 2007 and sure has not been consistent.

If there are "secrets" to coaching the ZBS, I'm not sure Jagodzinski or anyone in GB knows what they are.

Cleft Crusty
01-27-2009, 07:57 AM
If there are "secrets" to coaching the ZBS, I'm not sure Jagodzinski or anyone in GB knows what they are.

The secret is a better pad level, and McCarthy is going to get that fixed.

KYPack
01-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Jags knows the ZBS as well as anybody. I would say bring him, pick his brain, and have somebody taking notes for the following year in case he does leave.

But does he really now how to teach the ZBS that well? Does he really know it that well? He coached the O-line for one season in Atlanta when they used it. Before that his entire NFL experience was as a tight ends coach. He has college experience as an O-line coach.

One of my big complaints when MM put his original staff together was that he reached with too many coaches. They made a big deal about switching to a primarily zone team, and talked about the few gurus who knew how to teach it correctly. They talked about the "secrets" in how to coach it to do well consistently, and then portrayed Jagodzinski as one who knew because of a single year's exposure in Atlanta. They said he would pass it on to the rest of the staff.

Well....something is missing. It didn't do that well in the season Jagodzinski was the OC in GB, and he sure hasn't passed the secrets on because the running game has not been impressive except for a spurt the last half of 2007 and sure has not been consistent.

Take this response and chisel it in granite as far as I'm concerned.

We went to the ZBS to get a jump on revitalizing the run game.
We got Jags to put it in and drafted players that fit the scheme.
Jags splits after a year.
The players don't develop and the new coaches don't seem to have the answers.
Jags gets fired from his dream job trying to get BACK into the pro game.
Jags is now interviewing for pro OC jobs, the same gig he had with us.
Now we are back where we were 3 years ago, or maybe even a little worse.

This is all fucked up.