PDA

View Full Version : Good/Bad TV shows

Cheesehead Craig
01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Let's hear what you think are some of the best, worst, overrated, underrated shows or whatnot.

One of the shows that I really liked that came to an end too soon was Herman's Head. That show was just funny.

arcilite
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Best- Dexter, House, Lost

Worst- Reality TV

Zool
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Overrated: How I met your mother

Underrated: Big Bang Theory, Fringe

Horrible show that I cant stop watching, Knight Rider 2008

packinpatland
01-26-2009, 09:36 PM
I can't remember the last time I watched anything on 'regular' TV......altho...up until last year, House was a mustsee.
I'd almost rather wait till I can see the complete season of whatever on DVD.....no commercials........and I can take a bathroom break when I want to. :lol:

Brando19
01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Best TV Shows of All Time: Seinfeld, The Andy Griffith Show, All in The Family, Simpsons, Friends

Worst TV Shows of All Time: Scrubs, The Facts of Life, Monk

Most Overrated TV Shows of All time: Frasier, I Love Lucy, Taxi, Everybody Loves Raymond

Best TV Shows on Today: Lost, Grey's Anatomy (sometimes I watch with my wife and it's pretty good), Reality TV such as The Biggest Loser, Seinfeld reruns (I'm hooked)

Partial
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Scrubs is awesome. Seinfeld is great. 30 rock is great. Lost is great.

packinpatland
01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Awhile back I remember reading a SI, Dr Z piece about how much he hated Seinfeld........that's where I decided not to like him much.

I was lucky enough, a few (Ok... alot) of years ago, to be at a taping of Seinfeld. My cousin was married to one of the camera men. It was the episode where Poppie pees on Jerry's couch. It was pretty cool. Got to meet them all. That was fun TV.

BallHawk
01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Currently on TV that's good: Big Bang Theory, 24, House, Criminal Minds

Used to be on TV that's good: Seinfeld, King of Queen, Freaks and Geeks.

HowardRoark
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I rarely watch TV, but this show is like comfort food for me.

http://www.geocities.com/deadparrot22/mash1a.jpg

packinpatland
01-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I rarely watch TV, but this show is like comfort food for me.

Mashed potatoes and gravy..........................I agree. :wink:

texaspackerbacker
01-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Best of current shows (In order): 24, The Unit, NCIS, Psych, Monk, House, Numbers, Chuck, Criminal Minds, Crusoe, Burn Notice

Worst of current shows: mainstream media network news and news feature shows, any reality show (how about that--I agree with arcilite twice in one week), any of the many unfunny comedy shows

sheepshead
01-27-2009, 12:31 AM
24. Otherwise I havent watched network TV since Clooney was on ER. Sopranos and 6 feet under were good on HBO.

Harlan Huckleby
01-27-2009, 12:41 AM
the only entertainment TV show I watch is 30 Rock. Oh ya, I watch parts of Letterman & Craig Fergusson sometimes.

Cheesehead Craig
01-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Best of current shows (In order): 24, The Unit, NCIS, Psych, Monk, House, Numbers, Chuck, Criminal Minds, Crusoe, Burn Notice

Worst of current shows: mainstream media network news and news feature shows, any reality show (how about that--I agree with arcilite twice in one week), any of the many unfunny comedy shows
I like Numbers and Criminal Minds as well. I'm giving The Menalist show a try, only one episode and it's so-so. I'll give it one or two more.

LL2
01-27-2009, 01:56 PM

I've been curious about Burn Notice. I do like 24, Lost, and the Unit, with The Unit being the weaker of the 3.

Does anyone like The Closer with Kebin Bacon's wife?

bobblehead
01-27-2009, 02:01 PM

I've been curious about Burn Notice. I do like 24, Lost, and the Unit, with The Unit being the weaker of the 3.

If you like 24 you'll probably like burn notice.

Anyone watch Lie to Me? I liked the first episode.

HarveyWallbangers
01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Favorites now (although I'm more likely to watch them on DVD): Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy

Favorites of the past: Cheers, 3rd Rock, Friends, King Of Queens, Sopranos

Overrated: How I Met Your Mother, all of the CSI shows, just about everything else

I liked Seinfeld and M.A.S.H., but felt both were a little overrated. The later M.A.S.H. shows anyways. Same with Everybody Loves Raymond.

I wish I had the time to watch shows like The Office, Deadwood (when it was on), Entourage, etc.

Cheesehead Craig
01-27-2009, 03:03 PM

If you like 24 you'll probably like burn notice.

Anyone watch Lie to Me? I liked the first episode.
I thought Lie to Me was pretty good.

Brando19
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Awhile back I remember reading a SI, Dr Z piece about how much he hated Seinfeld........that's where I decided not to like him much.

I was lucky enough, a few (Ok... alot) of years ago, to be at a taping of Seinfeld. My cousin was married to one of the camera men. It was the episode where Poppie pees on Jerry's couch. It was pretty cool. Got to meet them all. That was fun TV.

Very cool story. I wish I could have gone to a taping of the show, but I got the next best thing. The first weekend in December, Jerry Seinfeld peformed in Charleston, WV and I was able to get tickets. He was hilarious and performed over an hour.

BallHawk
01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Any fans who like or watch the US Office should definitely check out the UK office. It's funnier, IMO, but it's an interesting comparison between both. Ricky Gervais is hilarious.

gex
01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
These are the shows I record on the dvr:
Mon:
How I met your mother(been getting lamer and lamer, Barney is funny and Robin is hot)
Big Bang Theory(very funny)
2 and 1/2 men(Jake is still funny in his rebelous teen years)
Worst Week
Wed:
New adventures of old Christine
Gary Unmarried( im still on the fence on this one)
LOST(awesome)
Thur:
Office:(the duel was funny as hell)
30 Rock(Tina Fey is great and sexy too)
Kath & Kim(just started watchin this, Molly Shannon is good and Selma Blair is soo hot in that bratty role)

Any Sienfeld episode
Survivor when it starts

Tyrone Bigguns
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Any fans who like or watch the US Office should definitely check out the UK office. It's funnier, IMO, but it's an interesting comparison between both. Ricky Gervais is hilarious.

It isn't even close. Carell plays a dolt.

sheepshead
01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttoOOOoRI-U

Ahhh the memories

BallHawk
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Which one are you saying is better?

Freak Out
01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I rarely watch TV but when I do it's Austin City Limits, This Old House, Frontline/Frontline World, Nova, Nature, Masterpiece Theater and of course football. Boring shit for most people I guess. I have not watched a network drama series since the X-Files.

My TV is used for Netflix/Blu-Ray more than anything else.

I love the cast of the office and have seen it once or twice.....most everything else on TV is garbage.
:lol:

HowardRoark
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
I rarely watch TV but when I do it's Austin City Limits, This Old House......

More excellent comfort food. I recently turned my 5 year old on to This Old House.

Brando19
01-28-2009, 06:35 PM
A few more I could add to the list:
Walker, Texas Ranger (Chuck Norris kicks ass)
Early Edition (Used to be on years ago...a guy gets a newspaper for the following day a day early...he can try to change bad things from happening)

Tyrone Bigguns
01-28-2009, 06:59 PM

Which one are you saying is better?

British

BooHoo
01-28-2009, 10:28 PM
Favorite: Law & Order

gex
03-02-2009, 08:13 PM
These are the shows I record on the dvr:
Mon:
How I met your mother(been getting lamer and lamer, Barney is funny and Robin is hot)
Big Bang Theory(very funny)
2 and 1/2 men(Jake is still funny in his rebelous teen years)
Worst Week
Wed:
New adventures of old Christine
Gary Unmarried( im still on the fence on this one)
LOST(awesome)
Thur:
Office:(the duel was funny as hell)
30 Rock(Tina Fey is great and sexy too)
Kath & Kim(just started watchin this, Molly Shannon is good and Selma Blair is soo hot in that bratty role)

Any Sienfeld episode
Survivor when it starts

Edit: Rules of Engagament is funny too

red
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
kath and kim to me is the worst show i've seen in quite some time. i hate molly shannon with a passion, she's so damn annoying, i'd love kick her right in her fucking mouth. and i despise selma blair

this show is simple unbearable to me and its shoved right in between 2 of my favorite shows, forcing me to switch channels and watch the last 30 minutes of hells kitchen

i can't wait for it to get canceled, and it looks like it's gonna come soon

Deputy Nutz
03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
My wife and I are pissed we got into the show "My own Worst Enemy" starring Christian Slater and it got canceled.

mission
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
All I pretty much watch (aside from Sports) are crime-related shows...

First 48, Manhunters, DEA, Forensic Files, etc ...

I love that shit :D