PDA

View Full Version : talk show hosts

Harlan Huckleby
01-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Our liberalish radio station has switched to conservative guys in the afternoon.

Dennis Miller is excellent. I hated him when he was on MNF, just out of place, but damn he is witty. Very interesting guy.

Glenn Beck is the most unlistenable ass I have EVER heard. He is as boring as an insurance salesman on cocaine.

LL2
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I like Glenn Beck...I think he's very sharp in his critic.

sheepshead
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Glad you like Miller, I'm a huge fan. His show on HBO back in the 90's was the best half hour on TV in my opinion back then.

mraynrand
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM

I've only watched him when he had interesting people on his TV show. They dominated the conversation, so I don't know what he's like. I like Prager, because he has thought through sociological and philosophical arguments. I like Medved for similar reasons, but he's a sycophant. Savage and Levin are entertaining for stretches, but they yell too much; Savage is needlessly crass at times, Levin is smarter. If you have sattelite radio, I like this guy Andrew Wilcow. I don't hear him often, but he's pretty rational. I listen to PBS off and on and it's OK, but pretty snooze inducing. Nobody sticks out there as especially interesting. I haven't listened to Limbaugh since 1994, never heard much of Hannity, liked Ingraham OK (sometimes she so dogmatic that she's irrational - that kills it for me. But she has a good sense of humor). If I got Bruce Williams though, I just think I'd listen to him. The guy has a lot of practical wisdom.

GBRulz
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
I love Chelsea Handler on the E! show, "Chelsea Lately"

Gunakor
01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Glad you like Miller, I'm a huge fan. His show on HBO back in the 90's was the best half hour on TV in my opinion back then.

GOD I miss those rants. Those were funny.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Miller is the Sammy Davis Jr. of this generation. :lol:

sheepshead
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM

Not bad Ty, not bad.

mraynrand
01-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Miller made the observation that Blago was treated far better on the View than McCain. Hmmmmm...

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 12:16 AM

Explain, please.

I don't get much beyond Rush and Hannity and our local guy here, and I doubt if I listen to them even 10% of the time. I agree about Beck being kinda dull, even though he makes good sense. Beck sort of reminds me of William Buckley back in the day--the stereotype liberals like to picture conservatives as.

Actually, they had two stereotypes: the bombastic dilettante--Buckley and the raving loon--Joe Pyne--remember him?

Is THIS thread political?

Harlan Huckleby
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM

ya, he is smart and clear.

Maybe his TV show is better, on the radio he just shouts at the listener, a steady stream. Everything is always fucked up, and he always has the only true answer. He's unpleasant, not entertaining.

Harlan Huckleby
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Miller made the observation that Blago was treated far better on the View than McCain. Hmmmmm...

Blago is hotter.