PDA

View Full Version : THE WAY I'D LIKE THE FORUM TO BE

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 01:17 AM
There's talk about a political forum separated from Romper Room or whatever. I'm pretty much neutral about that--maybe slightly against the idea. What I'd really like, though, and MadTown, maybe you can consider this, would be:

An item to click on called Posted Today or something like that--every post written, regardless of which room--posted in time sequence and identified as being in Romper Room, Packer Forum, Political Room, whatever. It would serve as one alternative for people to check for posts to read--the other alternative being like now--go to Romper Room or Packer or whatever.

If this sounds familiar, it's what JSOnline used to be like--when they went to the Bubbler thing, they got away from that. I used to post not only politics and Packers like now, but Bucks, Badgers, and Brewers, all right there mixed in. And if somebody was shallow-minded like red, and just couldn't stand political discussion, or whatever, he could stick to his basket weaving room or whatever, and be completely unexposed to the big people's posting.

What do you think, MadTown? Could it be done--basically just adding a Posted Today outlet with all posts from the other rooms in it--that some could go through and enjoy and others could avoid and ignore?

sheepshead
01-29-2009, 08:12 AM
I asked him about a +/- type of tab to applaud or disapprove of posts. In a nice way. You put up a good post, you'lll get lots of pluses. Feeds the ego too.

red
01-29-2009, 08:30 AM
really? i have to be insulted for you to ask a simple question?

thats the problem right there. even the grown ups can't discuss politics without acting like a bunch a 5 year olds. that attitude has then spread from politics ever sense some of you brought that attitude from jso

but if mad wants to keep letting you guys fuck up his fumor and chasing off the old posters then thats his problem, he'll be left with another site just like jso, that most of us couldn't stand in the first place

i'm fucking done here, i left jso cuse i hated it, i came here because it use to be a great friendly place. now its just fucking jso again

mraynrand
01-29-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/crying-baby-giant-eyes.jpg

Kiwon
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Red, I don't get what your upset about. Did someone take an unfair shot at you?

Actually I agree with your idea about a separate thread for politics.

PR is sooooooo much better than JSO. Every place has its share of characters but nothing compares to what JSO had become.

Take a break, cool off a while.

You've got a lot of good things to say. I'd hate to lose you.

GBRulz
01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
I like the set up of how things are. If people don't like political threads, they can simply ignore them. I admit,I don't come here as often as I did, but not because of the RR, because of the nonsense going on in the Packer forum.

As far as the idea for the "posted today". Perhaps I'm missing something, but by looking at the date of the first post, I can pretty much figure out for myself if it was posted today or not.

sheepshead
01-29-2009, 09:50 AM

thats the problem right there. even the grown ups can't discuss politics without acting like a bunch a 5 year olds. that attitude has then spread from politics ever sense some of you brought that attitude from jso

but if mad wants to keep letting you guys fuck up his fumor and chasing off the old posters then thats his problem, he'll be left with another site just like jso, that most of us couldn't stand in the first place

i'm fucking done here, i left jso cuse i hated it, i came here because it use to be a great friendly place. now its just fucking jso again

Lighten up francis. If you have been following me around for years, I'd say you have the problem dudesicle. A discussion about how to make the place better and you want to whine about God knows what.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 10:31 AM
I like the set up of how things are. If people don't like political threads, they can simply ignore them. I admit,I don't come here as often as I did, but not because of the RR, because of the nonsense going on in the Packer forum.

As far as the idea for the "posted today". Perhaps I'm missing something, but by looking at the date of the first post, I can pretty much figure out for myself if it was posted today or not.

The point is not knowing the date. The point is having easy access in one place to ALL--Packer stuff, Romper Room stuff, Political in a separate room if that's what some want, Badgers, Bucks, Brewers, etc. Don't you remember how the JSOnline thing used to be?

Yeah, I suppose it's indisputable that there are nicer people in here than JSOnline--not that I care much one way or the other about that. But the format here--and every other forum I've ever been in--is less convenient than the old JSOnline thing. And as I said, if somebody DOESN'T want access to all the different kinds of posts, they simply do it the way it is now (that method was available on the old JSOnline too).

mraynrand
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I like the set up of how things are. If people don't like political threads, they can simply ignore them. I admit,I don't come here as often as I did, but not because of the RR, because of the nonsense going on in the Packer forum. .

Well, if you're referring to the Favre chatter, it's virtually gone. A few pokes here and there (I plead guilty to that!), but not really much. And about 62 threads on the nuances of the 3-4 defense. That's a bit tedious, but interesting nonetheless. But you have a big move coming. Get that POD loaded up!

MadtownPacker
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I didnt see this thread before my last post but if the majority of the forum wants it and it can be done it will.

Now what exactly are you trying to ask for TPB? Is it something like this?

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/search.php?search_id=newposts

If so it is already here and all you do is click on the upper right corner under your username where it says "View posts since last visit".

MadtownPacker
01-29-2009, 03:20 PM

i'm fucking done here, i left jso cuse i hated it, i came here because it use to be a great friendly place. now its just fucking jso againDo be like that man. You know you are loved just as much as you are hated. Talk to me man, dont just split.

Harlan Huckleby
01-29-2009, 05:10 PM

What you should have said is that you'll take care of it. Then report back in a couple days with the solution.

MadtownPacker
01-29-2009, 05:41 PM

What you should have said is that you'll take care of it. Then report back in a couple days with the solution.Fuck, I wish I could learn to do things the White way.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I didnt see this thread before my last post but if the majority of the forum wants it and it can be done it will.

If so it is already here and all you do is click on the upper right corner under your username where it says "View posts since last visit".

Yeah, I guess the "View posts since last visit" thing is sort of what I was talking about. It would be better, though, if it stayed there instead of disappearing or recycling as soon as you go to one of the forums or rooms.

Cheesehead Craig
01-29-2009, 06:00 PM
We need more pie charts here. Pie charts make everything better.

mraynrand
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
We need more pie charts here. Pie charts make everything better.

Now folks, see, here's the deal....

http://gossipgonewild.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ross-perot-big-ears.jpg

http://vis.berkeley.edu/courses/cs294-10-fa07/wiki/images/3/3a/FederalBudgetPieChart.jpg
http://www.unclebarky.com/reviews_files/page3_blog_entry441_1.jpg