PDA

View Full Version : Another $825 Billion...Woohoo!

LL2
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Looks like Obama is The Fraud after all. Didn't he say there will be no pork in the stimulus package? Well, there is $5 billion in the bill for Acorn! Looks like a payback for all those that voted for him. Peter Roskam, a Congressman from Illinois, said on 560 AM WIND this morning that the stimulus only has $40 million for small businesses. WTF? Obama wants to stimulate jobs and only gives a measly $40 million to small business and $5 billion to Acorn? Obama campaigned to be different than the last 8 years under Bush, but has really been no different than Bush in his first 8 days (other than send terrorist back to Al Qaeda and send a love letter to Ahmadinejad.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01282009/news/politics/obama_to_host_lawmakers_for_cocktail_par_152423.ht m

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I doubt Bush would have included $5 billion for ACORN.

I thought I had heard that this ACORN money, along with the money to be appropriate for contraception, was exposed and taken out of the bill. Is that wrong?

LL2
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I doubt Bush would have included $5 billion for ACORN.

I thought I had heard that this ACORN money, along with the money to be appropriate for contraception, was exposed and taken out of the bill. Is that wrong?

Not sure if it was taken out or not. It's interesting that not a single republican voted for this...so if it doesn't work whose fault will it be?

Freak Out
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
From what I've been hearing the Senate version will be much different than the House version.

SkinBasket
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Another $600 million+ for digital TV converter coupons. Harlan, you may now rejoice.