PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal?

LL2
01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
For the second time this week a guy kills his wife and kids and then blows his own brains out, and I believe it's the third or fourth time this year that I read something like this. I know the economy sucks and everything, but is it really that bad out there? I know that I'm not making as much as I would like, not am I struggling either, but I would never kill myself and family off. I'd live in Ty's cardboard box before I would do something like that. This stuff is hard to comprehend, especially the killing of little kids.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/29/ohio.family.dead/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

SkinBasket
01-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't think you're ever going to comprehend, or want to comprehend, someone who can kill their own children. It takes more than economics for someone to become a subhuman cowardly piece of dog shit.

mraynrand
01-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I know the economy sucks and everything, but is it really that bad out there?

At least read the article that you post:

"Out of respect for the family, detectives are not releasing the actual motive, but it's not financial, and he was employed," Kelso said.

LL2
01-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I know the economy sucks and everything, but is it really that bad out there?

At least read the article that you post:

"Out of respect for the family, detectives are not releasing the actual motive, but it's not financial, and he was employed," Kelso said.

Well, it was financial in the case of the family in California. The article also says "Police resisted the suggestion that the killings were motivated by finances or job loss." No one knows for sure, and maybe the family was struggling to make it financially with $100k in medical bills or credit cards. No matter what way you look at it people are taking drastic measures right now.

arcilite
01-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe there is a serial killer going around killing all these families and making it look like murder-suicides.

If not...

These things are sad.... times are bad, but seriously, we arnt in the great depression or anything, these people need to suck it up.

Freak Out
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Fucking Obama strikes again....when do the impeachment hearings start?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-29-2009, 05:19 PM
For the second time this week a guy kills his wife and kids and then blows his own brains out, and I believe it's the third or fourth time this year that I read something like this. I know the economy sucks and everything, but is it really that bad out there? I know that I'm not making as much as I would like, not am I struggling either, but I would never kill myself and family off. I'd live in Ty's cardboard box before I would do something like that. This stuff is hard to comprehend, especially the killing of little kids.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/29/ohio.family.dead/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Is it really bad out there? Hmmm, I say no. Tex has repeatedly said so and I trust him over gov't experts and the daily news media reports of layoffs and boeing, caterpillar, etc.

LL2: I can tell you that in AZ..things are bad..for all levels..and it is starting to really show. Recently a foreclosed home was trashed (everything they could take from it they did) in Paradise Valley..probably the most prestigious location in AZ. Was it someone who shouldn't have ever gotten a mortgage? Nope. It was a local family jeweler..in biz for 40 plus years in Old Town Scottsdale. Bought the home for 400K....owed 600k.

GrnBay007
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM

Is it really bad out there? Hmmm, I say no. Tex has repeatedly said so and I trust him over gov't experts and the daily news media reports of layoffs and boeing, caterpillar, etc.

LL2: I can tell you that in AZ..things are bad..for all levels..and it is starting to really show. Recently a foreclosed home was trashed (everything they could take from it they did) in Paradise Valley..probably the most prestigious location in AZ. Was it someone who shouldn't have ever gotten a mortgage? Nope. It was a local family jeweler..in biz for 40 plus years in Old Town Scottsdale. Bought the home for 400K....owed 600k.

I think we will see much, much worse if things don't get better before all the people being layed off run out of unemployment benefits and don't have a safety net of cash tucked away. Job security means more now then it has during most of our lifetimes.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Uh no.

For better or worse, there is much more of a "safety net" preventing people from suffering when, for whatever reason, they find themselves without income than 80, 60, 40, or probably even 20 years ago.

Some of us are old enough to remember when "poverty" meant shacks with no running water and no assurance of decent food. What is "poverty" now was lower middle class back in the day.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Uh no.

For better or worse, there is much more of a "safety net" preventing people from suffering when, for whatever reason, they find themselves without income than 80, 60, 40, or probably even 20 years ago.

Some of us are old enough to remember when "poverty" meant shacks with no running water and no assurance of decent food. What is "poverty" now was lower middle class back in the day.

What exactly is that safety net? And, could you please explain why those in poverty now are there?

You are being ridiculous, as usual.

texaspackerbacker
01-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Uh no.

What exactly is that safety net? And, could you please explain why those in poverty now are there?

All the liberal crap you love so much--food stamps, housing assistance, medicaid, etc.

Why are those in poverty now there? I'm not even sure what you mean by that. All kinds of circumstances, I suppose--some of their own doing, some for reasons beyond their ability to do anything about.

This is simple fact. What in your tiny mind do you see as ridiculous?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Uh no.

All the liberal crap you love so much--food stamps, housing assistance, medicaid, etc.

Why are those in poverty now there? I'm not even sure what you mean by that. All kinds of circumstances, I suppose--some of their own doing, some for reasons beyond their ability to do anything about.

This is simple fact. What in your tiny mind do you see as ridiculous?

Oh, so if you get food stamps, housing assistance, etc. you won't be in poverty? LOL

I guess all those living in poverty are just missing out on the gravy train.