www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/2009-nfl-draft-value-chart/

Your comments please.

Guiness
01-31-2009, 06:16 PM
My comment?

I can't believe Tebow didn't come out.

Lurker64
01-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Reasonable list, a few guys are probably higher than I think they should be, but reasonable people can see the same player in the same game and form different opinions.

This will likely change based on pre-draft scrutiny, but it's a reasonable first shot.

oregonpackfan
01-31-2009, 09:27 PM
They list SS Patrick Chung of the Oregon Ducks in the second/third round. I think that placement is too high for his overall abilities.

Chung is a very good tackler for the run and a hard hitter.

In pass coverage, however, he was very erratic. I remember several games where the receiver got behind him and caught a touchdown pass. That weakness will not translate well to the pro level.

I would put him more on the late 3rd round/early 4th round level.

DonHutson
02-01-2009, 08:17 AM
They list SS Patrick Chung of the Oregon Ducks in the second/third round. I think that placement is too high for his overall abilities.

O-packfan, one Duck that has my interest is OT Fenuki Tupou. From what I've read he's described as a big, nasty guy who might have enough athleticism for the zone scheme. Sounds like an ideal RT for us.

Any thoughts or inside info?

oregonpackfan
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM

O-packfan, one Duck that has my interest is OT Fenuki Tupou. From what I've read he's described as a big, nasty guy who might have enough athleticism for the zone scheme. Sounds like an ideal RT for us.

Any thoughts or inside info?

Don,

From what I have seen and read about his strengths reflect your observations. He is very strong, is very tough, and takes personal pride in beating his opponent. In the Ducks 2007 Bowl game he controlled All-American DE George Selvie of South Florida.

Some weaknesses are that he is not a natural athlete and may not have the foot speed for RT pass protection at the pro level. Some NFL scouts project that he might be moved to guard for the NFL. He also has only 2 seasons experience at the Division I-A college level.

My thoughts are that he will go in the 5th round or so.

DonHutson
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks!