PDA

View Full Version : Hang In There Folks,Soon Speculation Will Become Realization

son of a vic
07-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I have grown weary and tired of topics that have been beaten to death. Let's face it, right now there is nothing of substance to discuss. God bless the few who try to pretend, and start a topic that they think, is worth rubbing a few brain cells together for. But until training camp rolls around, and some pre-season games are played, I'd rather see Marv Levy naked.
This place will be smokin' from September to December with the usual back and forth "glass half full, or empty" debate.
The passion and infliction of timely swear words will bring some much needed life to this Kool-aid Kasket. Being a cheerleader or a realist really doesn't matter right now, because there is nothing to base a mindless rant, or an educated opinion on.
So get out, enjoy the rest of the summer, put down the mouse for a few weeks, and come back in August, when football finally gets here again.

P.S. Be kind to me oh father of this forum, for I only speak the truth from my kind heart. I know it's not good for business to call for cease fire, but it's is needed for the overall good of the people.

Joemailman
07-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Hope you and Marv have a good time together, but please, don't post any pictures. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some Kool-Aid.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/i_collect_it/Kool-aid-Commie.jpg

RashanGary
07-08-2006, 11:18 PM
I agree. I cannot talk about anything more at this point. July 28th is pads practice. I'm sure 20 days from now we'll be goin strong agian.

Bretsky
07-08-2006, 11:29 PM
ALL GOOD POINTS VIC; we aren't going to burn a lot of brain cells arguing football now.

Although since it's summer we may lose of few from the booze.

Cheers,
Bretsky

Jimx29
07-09-2006, 03:17 AM
I couldn't of put it any better SOV :cool:

MJZiggy
07-09-2006, 06:30 AM
Do we really need a thread to tell us there's nothing to talk about? I would think most of us have figured that out by now, but this is summer time of hopeful talk. Which no-name has a shot. Who's TT gonna hire (please God) to kick FG's this year? Packers are undefeated in '06. WooHoo!

It's also the busy season in the romper room. All OT--All the Time. We've got sex, money, rants, book and movie reviews--what more could you want in the offseason?

son of a vic
07-09-2006, 08:56 AM
"MJZiggy"]"Do we really need a thread to tell us there's nothing to talk about?"

Well if you look at most of the topics, I have to say a few need to be told.
Some look to this forum for emotional support and hollow friendship. Some come here to banter back and forth about the "beloved". The Romper Room is a good garage band, but it's not what people come here to listen to.
Enjoy your finger food, I prefer to wait for the medium, charcoal grilled t-bone.

MJZiggy
07-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Consider this an appetizer.

GBRulz
07-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Although since it's summer we may lose of few from the booze.

Cheers,
Bretsky

Actually, I lose more from the booze during football season! Especially a season like last!

MJZiggy
07-09-2006, 10:33 AM
That wasn't the booze, GBM. :shock:

son of a vic
07-09-2006, 11:28 AM
GBM quips "Actually, I lose more from the booze during football season! Especially a season like last!"

Then you might want to clear some calendar space in January, for a bus trip to the Betty Ford Clinic.

GBRulz
07-09-2006, 11:38 AM
SOV, I plan on waiting until February, after we've celebrated our SB win.

Until then, it's probably important to keep my ratio of Vodka to Kool-Aid very equal.

son of a vic
07-09-2006, 05:11 PM
GBMichele------- "SOV, I plan on waiting until February, after we've celebrated our SB win."

"Until then, it's probably important to keep my ratio of Vodka to Kool-Aid very equal."

If you really think they are going to the Super Bowl and winning it, there is no hope for your liver, ---- it's beyond repair.

BooHoo
07-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Thank you for starting a thread to inform us that there is nothing interesting to talk about. Stating the obvious is always interesting. :lol:

oregonpackfan
07-09-2006, 08:55 PM
We've got sex, money, rants, book and movie reviews--what more could you want in the offseason?[/quote]

mjziggy,

I'm glad to learn you have your life's priorities in order! :lol:

Oregonpackfan

son of a vic
07-10-2006, 04:15 PM
"BooHoo"-------Thank you for starting a thread to inform us that there is nothing interesting to talk about. Stating the obvious is always interesting. "

it's more like starting a thread about how lame most of the topics are these days. But yet, everyday more of the same. And stating the obvious doesn't always go over real well with some.

Example-------"the Pack isn't very good this year." reponse from a brainless Packer fan---------------"You ^*&*&" , what the hell do you know, they could win the Super Bowl----they have as good as a chance as any other team-----blah,blah-blah."

4and12to12and4
07-10-2006, 04:42 PM
We all realize that this is a tough time to come up with interesting topics. My question to you is this ... If you really feel that way, why were you even here to post that topic. Talk about hypocrisy. If you weren't just like the rest of us, loving to talk and read Packers during July, you wouldn't be here to even know whether the topics are bad or not. So, if you don't like it, don't come here. I'll assume by you not responding that you're hypocrisy has ended. If you DO reply, you're still coming and reading, so your point will be moot. Now, I'm going to get back to reading all the bad topics again, thank you very much. :wink:

son of a vic
07-10-2006, 06:25 PM
"4and12to12and4"We all realize that this is a tough time to come up with interesting topics. My question to you is this ... If you really feel that way, why were you even here to post that topic. Talk about hypocrisy. If you weren't just like the rest of us, loving to talk and read Packers during July, you wouldn't be here to even know whether the topics are bad or not. So, if you don't like it, don't come here. I'll assume by you not responding that you're hypocrisy has ended. If you DO reply, you're still coming and reading, so your point will be moot. Now, I'm going to get back to reading all the bad topics again, thank you very much."

No, I don't like reading and talking about the Packers in July. That's why I started this thread. And I don't know for the life of me, why a few of you knuckleheads do. If your existance is that boring, that you think this forum is a good form of entertainment in July, you must be the life of the party at the chess club meetings.

GrnBay007
07-10-2006, 06:35 PM
No, I don't like reading and talking about the Packers in July. That's why I started this thread. And I don't know for the life of me, why a few of you knuckleheads do. If your existance is that boring, that you think this forum is a good form of entertainment in July, you must be the life of the party at the chess club meetings.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SON OF A VIC: if you are not like me, you are a knucklehead. :roll:

BooHoo
07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
July may be a boring month to talk about the Pack but I really don't care. Life on the forum isn't just about talking football is it.

MJZiggy
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM

Just curious here, if you don't like reading and talking about the Packers in July, why are you here, reading and talking about the Packers in July? And my chess club is off for the summer, but I think I hear Nutz looking for help knitting the sleeve of that sweater for Murphy. I have my Packer afghan patterns ready guys! Who wants to be covered by a Packer G this season?!!

son of a vic
07-10-2006, 09:29 PM
MJZiggy's suck up rant ----------------

"Just curious here, if you don't like reading and talking about the Packers in July, why are you here, reading and talking about the Packers in July? And my chess club is off for the summer, but I think I hear Nutz looking for help knitting the sleeve of that sweater for Murphy. I have my Packer afghan patterns ready guys! Who wants to be covered by a Packer G this season?!!"

S.O.V.'S NON ASS KISSING RESPONSE!
I "was" here, but I can't stand it anymore. That's why I started this thread.
I "will not" be here again, until August. Get it cheese dip! I'm sure a lot of Packer fans feel the same as I, and as far as I know, no one has started a thread about it until now. So sorry I didn't grace you with an 8 gazillianth Brett Favre thread, or the ever popular" why didn't we go after T.O." b.s.
So actually, my thread is the freshest thing on this forum right now.

Scott Campbell
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
This thread blows.

son of a vic
07-10-2006, 09:40 PM
"Scott Campbell"---------"This thread blows."

So it fits right in with everthing else on the first page, huh!

Thanks for the review.

MJZiggy
07-11-2006, 07:16 AM
That wasn't a rant, it was a question. Funny, you really didn't answer it, but oh. well.

Zool
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Funny how you keep coming back to reply to this thread thats about nothing to talk about. Well not funny "HA-HA", more like a clown in a carwreck.

You are not forced to be here, and you are not forced to click on the "Packers Green and Gold Talk" forum link.

I think I'll go find a man wandering in the desert and complain to him that its really hot and there's nothing to drink.

4and12to12and4
07-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Funny how you keep coming back to reply to this thread thats about nothing to talk about. Well not funny "HA-HA", more like a clown in a carwreck.

You are not forced to be here, and you are not forced to click on the "Packers Green and Gold Talk" forum link.

I think I'll go find a man wandering in the desert and complain to him that its really hot and there's nothing to drink.

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:
Hilarious, and right on the button

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
True, I'm not forced to be a part of this forum. But if I have an opinion on the content, I'll respond accordingly. The truth is, this forum sucks donkey balls right now. It's just an opinion. The same lame posts day after day get a little tiring, so I felt like venting a bit. Does that mean I'm not as big a Packer fan, as the few who bore me to death with their daily mushy oatmeal? I doubt it. The argument of "if you don't like it, why are you here,"
makes about as much sense as the" A-Polar Bear" mid-doobie.
Let's face it, we need some field action to pump some life back into this place.

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Well Vic,

We need some football news to spark things a bit; The Supplemental Draft occured today, but GB took a pass so not much there. I browse other football forums and would argue that this forum absolutely kicks ass compared with the others. Just not enough news right now.

Cheers,
B

Harlan Huckleby
07-13-2006, 07:06 PM
The truth is, this forum sucks donkey balls right now. It's just an opinion. The same lame posts day after day get a little tiring,

you got to check out the Romper Room. That places is jumpin! There was an actual fist fight earlier today.

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 07:07 PM
COUNTDOWN TO SEASON OPENER: 58 DAYS 20 HOURS

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
"Bretsky" Well Vic,

We need some football news to spark things a bit; The Supplemental Draft occured today, but GB took a pass so not much there. I browse other football forums and would argue that this forum absolutely kicks ass compared with the others. Just not enough news right now.

Cheers,

This is my analogy for this forum.(in July) " you are laying on a beach with your eyes closed, and a woman in a bikini, sits down right next to you. As you open your eyes,( to your dismay), she's a plowhorse- German Shepard mix.

Moral--------------- Compared to Barbara Bush, this bikini clad clydesdale looks o.k., but that doesn't mean she's going to induce a swelling in the speedo!

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 07:37 PM
LMAO; your analogies are good and flipping funny sometimes Vic.

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 08:28 PM
A speedo?????? YUCK!!!!

MadtownPacker
07-13-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm just relieved that PR was able to sign SOV for the 2006 season. Many other forums where bidding on his services but in the end the freedom to say whatever he wants closed the deal.

Bring on August!!!!!!!!!

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
GrnBay007----"A speedo?????? YUCK!!!"

But you're alright with the swelling though. :mrgreen:

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM

Rumor has it to find 007 you have to look for the nudist colonies.

woodbuck27
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
True, I'm not forced to be a part of this forum. But if I have an opinion on the content, I'll respond accordingly. The truth is, this forum sucks donkey balls right now. It's just an opinion. The same lame posts day after day get a little tiring, so I felt like venting a bit. Does that mean I'm not as big a Packer fan, as the few who bore me to death with their daily mushy oatmeal? I doubt it. The argument of "if you don't like it, why are you here,"
makes about as much sense as the" A-Polar Bear" mid-doobie.
Let's face it, we need some field action to pump some life back into this place.

Hey SOV. It must be a real challenge - 'a burden' - to have your speed reading skills.

Dam life's hard. :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM

Like mama always said....gotta swell to jell.
:twisted:

LOL, j/k my mother never would have said anything like that...but it sounded good. I can't help it, it's almost the weekend. :D

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 09:21 PM

Like mama always said....gotta swell to jell.
:twisted:

LOL, j/k my mother never would have said anything like that...but it sounded good. I can't help it, it's almost the weekend. :D

Your perverted perversion is quite offensive to my innocent ways :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 09:22 PM
........innocent ways........... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Now I've really done it. I pissed off the Kool-aid Krack Lord. Just for the hell of it, why don't you see how many ways you can re-word a thread with the name Favre in it. Probably more combinations than picking the right lotto numbers.

Forgive me, I'm a little overheated due to the hot weather in Wisconsin, but what in the name of Barney f'n Fife, is your point, Woodbuck?

Scott Campbell
07-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Forgive me, I'm a little overheated due to the hot weather in Wisconsin..................

Al was right. This global warming is gettin out of hand.

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
"GrnBay007".......innocent ways..........

Wouldn't be my first choice for the name of a nudist colony, if I was head dicktator. But if it works for you, it's all good.

woodbuck27
07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Now I've really done it. I pissed off the Kool-aid Krack Lord. Just for the hell of it, why don't you see how many ways you can re-word a thread with the name Favre in it. Probably more combinations than picking the right lotto numbers.

Forgive me, I'm a little overheated due to the hot weather in Wisconsin, but what in the name of Barney f'n Fife, is your point, Woodbuck?

Good then your keeping up SOV. Excellent.

I'm picturing those camels outside of your tent. Had your servants water them lately SOV?

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL........Kool-aid Krack Lord!! Now that's' the funniest thing I've heard today.

Really, someone needs to use Kool-aid Krack Rat as their new rat status.

The honors really should go to Vic. :twisted:

son of a vic
07-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Woodbuck, I used to watch Batman after school, and I think you could be the Riddler's long lost son. No matter, unless of course you prance around in green tights and skin tight Armorwear with a big ? on it. That would explain a few things right there. :razz:

woodbuck27
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Woodbuck, I used to watch Batman after school, and I think you could be the Riddler's long lost son. No matter, unless of course you prance around in green tights and skin tight Armorwear with a big ? on it. That would explain a few things right there. :razz:

Well Thank You SOV for the fine compliment - Blessings to you. . .

and isn't that Brett Favre a real Dandy?

Bretsky
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Vic,

Just wanted to note Mad posted an announcement in Romper Room that anybody with over 50 posts can change their rat status by posting their request in that thread. If you want to get changed from rookie rat feel free to look over there and put in your request.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
07-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Vic,

Just wanted to note Mad posted an announcement in Romper Room that anybody with over 50 posts can change their rat status by posting their request in that thread. If you want to get changed from rookie rat feel free to look over there and put in your request.

Cheers,
B

And vic........feel free to take Kool-aid Krack Rat. It's so right for you considering your anti kool-aid rants. :D